RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > A few questions for SVR owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Canary

England 
A few questions for SVR owners

So whilst I am waiting for Land-rover assist to arrive on Tuesday I thought I would ask a question that I can't find on the forum or YouTube etc?

The story so far:

Due to me retiring I thought I would downsize from my sport scv8 p525 to a velar sv of which I'm making considerable savings over its ownership.
However as my 18 plate v8 rumbles downs the drive to be sold on by the dealer I am left with this sv velar and it barely makes any noise and certainly no satisfying v8 note, I might say on start up its louder then settles down but after that initial start its far too quiet, this is even worse in the cabin where full dynamic and sport gear selected gives but a mere taste of what I just part exchanged!

I am fully aware from mid 2018 these v8 engines had got quite due to the newly introduced GPF but come on whats the point if you can't hear it?

I have 14 days to return the car and at this stage I feel very much that this is my best option, but I will wait to until LRA visit to see if the twin pipe button is working ie not sending the message down to the exhaust.

The question is this, when I press the twinpipe exhaust button I cannot hear any difference when idle, nor can I hear any difference when accelerating in dynamic/sport either.

Does the button give you a definitive tone change in either idle or driving? MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #610769 Sun Feb 28 2021 9:56am
Y3CHR

I am lead to believe the exhaust valves work in a far more complicated way than just open and closed. I believe they meter on throttle position and load etc, being full open at the bells of hell sort of style.

I too am woefully disappointed with the sound, however I do think it is still a noticeable note, I hit the sports button on entering the car.

For me, i am having a custom x-pipe made to replace the center section, having heard other cars it totally transforms it. It is a flanged arrangement allowing for install and removal with ease. (Doesn't affect warranty either except the exhaust)

There is a chap on here that has developed a module that overrides the valves from what i have seen, but again still with mods to the exhaust. RRS SVR Estoril Blue, Huracan Performante Spyder Rosso Mars, Tesla Model X Black

Post #610771 Sun Feb 28 2021 11:14am
Canary

England 

Yes your right i have emailed him his website is here Pcwexhaustmods@gmail.com

Just can't believe how quite a supposed SV 5Ltr is compared to my my18 scv8 was?

Please let me know how you get on with the X mod as I'm sure I'm not too far from you to maybe use the same garage if yours becomes a success? MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #610787 Sun Feb 28 2021 3:22pm
Y3CHR

Will do, I am out the country until mid-March so will be a little after then.

I have had contact with Carl, the guy that makes the modules and trying to get an order in for one.

With regards the X-Pipe, i'll keep you posted on it and stick a video up once done. RRS SVR Estoril Blue, Huracan Performante Spyder Rosso Mars, Tesla Model X Black

Post #610793 Sun Feb 28 2021 4:08pm
Jjvd21

United States 

I believe the exhaust valves open in relation to RPM. On cold start they fully open for a few seconds then close. 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #610794 Sun Feb 28 2021 4:28pm
MrM

Re the exhaust button giving a definite change, on my 17 plate SVR, in dynamic it makes a large difference in terms of noise under acceleration and the crackle on overrun.

Post #610798 Sun Feb 28 2021 6:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1