RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Problem with Ace pump, need to bypass if possible
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Pdmellors

Problem with Ace pump, need to bypass if possible

Hi All, I am looking for some help desperately, my ace system developed a slight leak a few weeks ago and just this week my power steering has gone very heavy, after doing some research I believe the ACE pump may be seizing up, the car is a 2008 3.6 V8 version, I don’t want to start replacing ACE parts as my mechanic says it will be a nightmare as pipes etc will be corroded. I have seen bypass kits for defenders on eBay, is there a similar kit for my car or another way to fit a belt that bypasses the ace pump?

Also will it cause any handling issues etc? Thanks in advance for any help.

Post #629602 Tue Jan 03 2023 4:29pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you bypass the pump so that the system isn't pressurised, you'll probably need to change the anti-roll bars for solid items too. Without pressure, the hydraulic bars will effectively be no-bars and the thing will likely roll like a small boat in a storm.

Better to just fix it correctly. Thumbs Up

Edit: if there is a fault in the system, it can revert to a "locked bars" scenario where the valve block isolates the bars from the pump and reservoir side. The fluid in the system moves across the bars and you get some anti-roll bar functionality but it's more like the solid metal anti-roll bars and thus gives more roll and will affect the handling compared to the hydraulic system - the TDV8 is a big lump to control and the handling will be rubbish compared to the correct performance of the system. You'll have to deal with error messages and red lights on the dashboard too. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #629613 Tue Jan 03 2023 10:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1