Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Reading the LR parts list features, what does LESS mean
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pjbracer1

England 
Reading the LR parts list features, what does LESS mean

Hi Guys

Ive looked around and cant find an answer to this one now it might sound a bit obvious but at the same time not

I have a PDF of one of the parts lists for the L494 Interior Mirror section 17700 drawing where is list all the part number variants for that particular part on the car. (this seesm to be similar to spec lists on Topix)

It lists several features and then some where is states LESS now the obvious guess is if it say LESS then it means it doesnt have that feature but that this feature might be enabled using the GAP obd tool also to add some confusion to the mix, there are items on there that state the LESS infront of the feature and then further down the list it states the feature without LESS in front of it so not sure which it is???

My thinking is if it only says LESS against the feature then it doesnt have at all and if it says the feature with LESS and one without that this might be software related?

The example I refer to is Part number LR052598 Rear View mirror inner
Features
Auto Dip Fr/ Rr High Beam Ast, Run Off, Road Warning System, Less Traffic Sign Recognition, Less Garage Door Opener, Traffic Sign Recognition

I think this is the part Im after as Im looking to retro fit Lane departure warning and Traffic sign recognition using the GAP tool the software part is done and after speaking with Pat at GAP he has worked with another customer looking to do the same and who has purchased the new mirror and with a bit of clever help from Pat has it now working.

So im just at the point of buying the part to fit and then fingers crossed it should work but its not clear on which one I need?

Im not fussed about the garage opener although it might be handy!

Ive attached a pic of the PDF and an image of the part number on the back of the mirror that if from the guy who got it to work for reference if anyone has a better idea than me or knows what they are looking at?

Any help is greatly appreciated If I can get this working then I ll create a post on how to do it, I know both of these features are probably not worth the hassle but Im thinking when it comes time to sell this will be a bonus point as in a few years most cars will have this as standard.

Thanks
P

If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #600539 Fri Jun 19 2020 7:14pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I would double check that part number before you buy, it may fit a L494 but it is actualy listed for a L405 as well as having been superseded to LR070535.

Cheers
Col

Post #600567 Sat Jun 20 2020 10:01am
pjbracer1

England 

Thanks how did you find that out? Do you have access to a list? That PDF was given to me by an LR dealer here in the UK so based on they know what part are required (although that might be through my rose glasses) If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #600568 Sat Jun 20 2020 10:38am
pjbracer1

England 

Just to finish this off

LESS = the feature or function is not available

However there are occasions where the feature will be listed with LESS but then listed again without Less = the capability of the feature is possible with this device provided that it is programmed, so the hardware is capable but the firmware might not be configured.

Hope this helps If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #600958 Sun Jun 28 2020 4:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1