Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS MY16 - Things to look out for
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

hemz wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

I entered the chassis number on the topix page, and it said “this service is not available in your market”

Any ideas?

I checked the LR service history, nothing serious in there - just the regular pollen filters, oil change and renewal engine filter.

Also, any ideas on how i know for sure that it's a Dynamic model? Whistle

PM me the chassis number, I will try it out on my Topix account.
P MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #600726 Wed Jun 24 2020 10:21am
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

hemz wrote:
many have it without the red lettering. I also thought the red callipers we're standard on the dynamics

Hi,
the Red paint in the sport peels off, we touched ours back up
also
ours did Not have red calipers

Check the rear tailgate shut lines, there was a modified rear support struts and re-alignment on some cars as the tailgate did not fit flush.

also check the leather of the rear seats as we saw some badly fitted rippled seats when we were looking for one

Dynamic low box and double S swiggly line as said on the selector knob

Ours was a great car Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #600733 Wed Jun 24 2020 12:00pm
hemz

United Kingdom 

Thank you riverblanche - good tips.

@Gtr - I have pm'd you.

Thank you for the other warning's useful to know - it's a bit of luck, even with a fully LR dealer.

Post #600734 Wed Jun 24 2020 12:17pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Topix worked for me - just PM'd you the spec and other topix info.

Just be weary - Topix not 100% accurate.

Rgds
Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #600762 Wed Jun 24 2020 9:29pm
hemz

United Kingdom 

Thank you. I’ll keep that with me and check off as well to make sure.

Appreciate the help. Thumbs Up

Post #600764 Wed Jun 24 2020 9:45pm
glenn9999

United Kingdom 

hemz wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

I entered the chassis number on the topix page, and it said “this service is not available in your market”

Any ideas?

I checked the LR service history, nothing serious in there - just the regular pollen filters, oil change and renewal engine filter.

Also, any ideas on how i know for sure that it's a Dynamic model? Whistle

sounds like a possible import i know they have done this before with a G waggon

Post #600788 Thu Jun 25 2020 1:58pm
hemz

United Kingdom 

Thanks Glenn - what makes you say that?

GTR managed to get a topix report. I've never used it, so may be user error!

Post #600789 Thu Jun 25 2020 2:10pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Deffo UK car - yes, newbie user error Smile MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #600792 Thu Jun 25 2020 3:58pm
Martyn

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

hemz wrote:
Thanks Dave-t. Saxton's - I know about the mixed reviews, but they do seem to offer to my budget, which is important. They've offered 4 years (term of my pcp), RAC Platinum.

It's the 3.0 SDV6 (306)

Mate walk away from Saxton......Very dodgy motors they sell, I'm speaking from experience, plus the £1K deposit took ages to get back.....They were fined heavily last year by Essex trading standards .....Be aware

Post #600795 Thu Jun 25 2020 4:39pm
Martyn

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
Re: RRS MY16 - Things to look out for

hemz wrote:
Hello , reposting this message to the right group as just found the section for L494)

I'm getting an RRS, HSE Dynamic 2015 (MY16), with some options like Deployable TowBar, Fixed SunRoof, 360 Camera, Black Pack, in Indus Silver I think - it's had 2 owners, and has done about 32k miles.

I've put a deposit down, but wondering if there's anything else I should look out for before signing the deal and walking (driving away) at the end of this week?

PS - So glad to be back in an RRS. Since my last post, I ended up in a Golf, BMW 3 Series, C Class Estate, Tiguan (was meant to be for Mrs - but I ended up having a job in London so didnt need a car) and now live in a rural area, so it had to be RRS!

Thank you.

https://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co.uk/new...standards/

Post #600871 Sat Jun 27 2020 7:50am
pjbracer1

England 

@ Hemz

https://osh.landrover.com/ will show dealer history and then you will know what types of services have been carried out

Topix is ok but yes not 100% but does give a list of specs

I thought Dynamics had red calipers or that might only be if it has brembos

Indus Silver is a nice colour but does look strange in sunlight at different angles due to the fleck but its a nice colour as most rrs are in black or grey which also look good but is kind of the standard.

It might be worth getting a cheap OBDii reader the wifi type from fleabay test it on ur missus car so you know how to use if you dnt already, then you can plug in and do a fault code read and see if there is anything major, there will be some depending on if the car is or isnt running but it will give you an idea unless they have been cleared prior to sale.

I think dealers have to give at least 3 months warranty anyway by law (might wanna check that).

I thought Saxtons were ok too they seem pretty big but as others have read bad reviews then maybe they arent as good.

If the car tick all the boxes for you and the price is right go for it, it is 2nd hand so there is always a risk but low mileage models should be ok if its been serviced hen it should have been, we all worry about a big investment but i think with cars its always that niggling thought the dealer or person selling knows more than they let on and just want shot of it, i guess if they drop the price easily it could be an indicator but also it a persons sales target for the month!

I bet it will be fine

Just check all the gadgets work

All Windows
Boot
Fridge
AC
seats etc...
All sound obvious but I bought a 2yr old AMG CLK and the passenger bolsters did not pump up!

Also piece of mind HPI it yourself as you are then covered up to 30k i think even if the garage has one done, it theirs get one personally

its difficult to check under the bonnet as there isnt much to see and u cant check the oil!

Im sure it will be fine

Give us some pics when you pick it up If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #600959 Sun Jun 28 2020 6:29pm
hemz

United Kingdom 

Thanks pjbracer1.

Car bought, driven about 80 miles since getting it - drives smooth and nothing faulty. Will keep closely reviewing it until about a month or two and then will write up my review on here and trust pilot.

I’m interested in the obdii, but I don’t have another car to test it on... is it easy? May do some research any particular one you’d recommend?
I did my own HPI as well no issues, as well as a service check.

As with any car, Range Rovers more so - they’ll no doubt have issues, it comes with the territory.

I wouldn’t have been able to get one if it weren’t for them, at least not at the price I was looking at.

Thumbs Up

Post #601004 Mon Jun 29 2020 5:26pm
pjbracer1

England 

Hi Hemz

Get one a GAP IID Tool now you have the car (as this one it linked to the car VIN) this comes with a whole load of additional features that you might be able to tweak on your car too.

It works as a fault code reader but does allow you to edit CCF (car config files) on the car so you might find there are some additional feature you can enable if your car has the hardware. You can also change the ride heights I think on the Air Suspension if you are into that type of thing. I bought one and it does work very well, (i mean connection wise compared to the £10 ones on ebay)

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

https://bellautoservices.co.uk/store/iid-bt-tool-gap-diagnostics/

I don't work for BAS I just bought one from there, I've been speaking with the main guy from GAP re adding a new feature into my car (Traffic sign Recog and lane departure, Ive got the software part enabled but my car needs a different interior mirror (it taken me some time to figure this out mind!) So finger crossed when the part arrives and I give it a go Ill write it up on another thread)

My car is a 2014 so a bit older but was pretty much fully loaded so this was all mine was missing. I decided to get one as the fault code reader side of things seems much better than the cheap ones as the never seem to last, and my local indy guy often uses one of these as a quick diagnostic tool.

Changing any of the values you might be able could be playing with fire but there is a backup tool on it so you can take a copy of the current config and always restore.

PM me your VIN or a pdf of your car config and I can have a butchers if you like (im no expert though!)

Enjoy the car PM me pic unless its the one still on Saxtons site 2015 Indus Silver? I think I looked at that one too!

LR's are problematic agreed but I dont think there are many brands out there that are trouble free unless you are buying a really simple little car and even then they fail, I know a I guy I worked with who always used to say "its alright for you with your fancy Range Rover" (even though it was my 2010AB) but he always had brand new cars every 2 years! he bought one of those funny little MG city cars and he had the courtesy car longer than he had his own! Still it was low mileage i guess!

Audi has it issues, BMW also so do Merc and they are all premium brands with the German quality but cars are so complex now, its just LR have a bit of a rep for shoulder shrugging!

But I like em and all the other SUV's are trying to beat them (alot probably do on lots of things) but they still have the history and prestige that the others just dont,

Its the same as an Aston Martin not without their issues and can be beaten round a track or on the road easily by a Nissan GTR but I know which one I'd rather have sat in the driveway! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #601010 Mon Jun 29 2020 6:24pm
hemz

United Kingdom 

Thanks again, very useful. I'll take a look at the links you sent - not in to changing ride height, it's fine as it is Whistle

But, enabling features sounds like it's worth it!

Yes, it was the indus silver - tempting to tint the windows and wrap the roof - but not anytime soon, may be next year.

Will pm you tomorrow. Thumbs Up

Post #601019 Mon Jun 29 2020 10:14pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Congrats on the car Hemz MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #601041 Tue Jun 30 2020 9:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>