RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Intermitant rumble,feels like a pucnture.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Devon Jon

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze
Intermitant rumble,feels like a pucnture.

Hi,i have a 2010 TDV6 facelift with a strange rumbling sensation that usually occurs when driving on a motorway or main road.It seems to last for about 30 seconds and then goes by it's self and might not do it again on the same run.I have heard that it could be a problem with the brake shoes and it does feel like the problem is coming from the rear end.Some one has stripped the rear brakes and inspected and cleaned the suspected area but when driving back home I'm sure I noticed it again but at lower speeds.There is also a problem when the car has been sat up for a while in that the o/s/r brake shoe sticks on when trying to pull away after releasing the hand brake.Worst when it's cold and damp.I think it's related.Your advice would be much appreciated.

Post #599579 Wed Jun 03 2020 5:25pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

You say that "someone" has inspected the rear brakes,, If they know what they are doing they should have either put right any sticking brakes or advised of any replacement parts required. You keep mentioning brake shoes and you say osr is sticking,,,, how do you know it is this one?. Your notgetting mixed up with brake pads by any chance,,, brake shoes are related to the handbrake system. If you are having problems with sticky brake pads,, and they have been looked at maybe its time for a replacement caliper. If one caliper is holding on you may find that particular wheel gets a little hot after a run. The handbrake shoes have to be kept clean and adjusted correctly in order to work properly,,, and there is a specific procedure to follow when carrying this out.
Rumbling noises could also be related wheel bearings or propshaft bearings. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #599580 Wed Jun 03 2020 5:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1