RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Evergreen tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Demaske1

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Arctic Frost
Evergreen tyres

Hi all. I drive a 2013 RR Sport 3.0 Black Edition and am needing a couple of tyres. The problem is I have to drive through a boat yard and engineering compound daily and people get quite a few punctures from people working on boats etc. I now have a choice to buy Pirelli tyres or price equivalents or National Tyres are doing a brand called evergreen and for my car they are only £75.00 each fitted. They are a Chinese tyre but the reviews on the net are not too bad and if I do get a puncture and the tyre is written off I haven’t lost too much. I live out in the country and the roads can be a bit rough in the rain etc but not an off roader. What would you do ? Comments would be appreciated.

Post #609678 Mon Feb 08 2021 10:27am
Peterh

United Kingdom 

I have them on my z4 and have had no problems.I would put them on my 2017 R/R if they sold the right size but up to now I have yet to find them.

Post #609679 Mon Feb 08 2021 10:48am
1richard1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Now my vans back on the the road she will go back to being a weekend car and for £300 for 4 new boots even if you had to swap one or two every now and then its not going to break the bank, unless you are doing high mileage and or driving it like you stole it budget tires are fine in my opinion.

Post #609703 Mon Feb 08 2021 7:38pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I've read on here somewhere that one of the key things to double check with tyres is that the load rating is correct. The RRS is a big heavy car and so if this is not up to scratch you'll potentially invalidate your insurance and may even have a serious failure of the tyre. So check they are correct in all respects for your vehicle. There's no such thing as a free lunch, so where is the compromise that makes these so cheap?

After all one of the only things preventing you from driving over that cliff is that patch of rubber in contact with the road! Shocked Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #609715 Tue Feb 09 2021 11:07am
Grimble

United Kingdom 

^^^^^^^^^
What he said.
Up to 2 years ago I was doing a fairly hefty commute of 25k/year for nearly 10 years and always on budget tyres. Never had an issue and wear was excellent and always much better than the retailer claimed.
Different story if you were a boy racer I suppose. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #609716 Tue Feb 09 2021 11:12am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

My son has these on his Fiesta and there fine. Not really comparable to the RRS though and as eaters says check the load rating..... 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #609731 Tue Feb 09 2021 3:21pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
there is always a compromise somewhere but its your car and your money so what matters is whats right for you Thumbs Up

I would go for the upper end of quality range for a RRS its not always about how you drive, but those around you as well, some times that extra bit of grip when your braking may be a benefit Question
If I am buying a car, what tyres have been fitted often lets you know how else they have looked after the car, again it depends what your buying and to do what job.
ISTR some dealers offering an insurance type purchase so if you have a puncture they either repair it free for the life of the tyre or something like that Confused

Its tyres so there is no Right answer but as Robin says the tyres contact patch is all that keeps you in contact with the road

decisions decisions Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #609744 Tue Feb 09 2021 6:22pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Can't comment on Evergreen tyres, however I'm running Sailun SUV tyres (22") rated for the RRS and they're fine. Good grip, quiet, etc. No idea in the wet or snow but doesn't do that much here Very Happy

Had one get trashed due to a pothole,but, ultimately it saved the rim.

I have no issues then cheaper brands as long as they meet spec. Also run a set of Black bear ATs on my 20s. 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #609745 Tue Feb 09 2021 6:33pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Generally speaking budget tyres will be great and you'll love them right up to the point where you need to do an emergency stop or a swerve to avoid someone. And then you find out why they're cheaper.

If you look at tyre reviews, the cheaper tyres generally just aren't as good as the premium brands. They have longer braking distances etc.

Me? I've never used budget tyres. Well, I did once on a company car but only because I had no choice. The difference between the OEM branded tyre and the Chinese ditch finders fitted by Kwik Fit under orders from the company car co. was noticeable. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #609753 Tue Feb 09 2021 8:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1