RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

p38

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red
Tyres

Hi all iam just wondering what make of tyres do you use as ive got sailrun ice breakers which were on when i bought my rrs , i wont to change all 4 but i dont know what make would be the best.

Post #598989 Fri May 15 2020 11:54pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Depends on what you want the tyre to do and how much you want to pay.

Only on tarmac or some off road use. If so, how much and what kind. Going to guess you're tarmac only, so you don't want an all terrain tyre. Do you want all season or just a summer tyre? Some of the all season tyres are pretty good these days so that might be a good compromise. Remember that four wheel drive gives you better traction but it doesn't make you brake or corner any better than any other car, so paying for tyres that give better wet/winter braking performance will always pay off.

How much do you want to spend? Many of us are of the opinion that money spent on decent tyres is never a lost expense. Cheap tyres can be much worse in aspects of the their performance than the premium brands, although not all of the expensive rubber is necessarily great.

The Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season is used by Land Rover as an OEM tyre so that wouldn't be a bad choice for all round use with a modicum of off-road ability. Michelin's Cross Climate SUV covers all of the on-road bases well.

For summer use, this test is interesting. Bare in mind that the tyres tested were 255/55 R18 and performances can vary between tyre sizes for some reason (I assume you're on 275/40 R20).
https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2020...e-Test.htm

For all season, this test might help:
https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2019...e-Test.htm
Bare in mind, again, that the tyre size tested was 235/55 R19

I run winter-rated all terrains because I take mine off tarmac at times and want to be able to get around all year. They're not perfect - not as good in wet braking as a summer road tyre, for example, so one has to take that in to account, but they give performance elsewhere where a normal road tyre would give up. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #598999 Sat May 16 2020 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1