RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Replaced Leak offs lines - All leaking !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sportyrara

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bonatti Grey
Replaced Leak offs lines - All leaking !

Hi All. Great site.

Recent new owner of a RRS, 2009, 3.6TDV8.
1 day into ownership the dreaded limp mode and cracked plenum. My welcome to the club ! Very Happy

Changed the Drivers side manifold/rocker cover over Christmas, went well and intend on posting a thread to share my experience of this god awful job.

Unfortunately this job introduced me to the common fault of brittle leak off nipples, two snapped when removing them. I extracted them delicately using a slim screw and have since replaced the leak off loom with a new one from the local 4x4 parts dealer.
I only replaced the loom of the side I was working on using some gentle persuasion and a heat gun to separate the pipe from the T-piece at the first injector and then pushed the new loom over the barb where I separated it.

Issue I'm now having is that on 3 of the 4 injectors on the side I've worked on, the leak offs are leaking at the nipples Big Cry
As it's me that's fitted them I'm thinking I'm the common denominator, but I'm pushing the connections home and reinserting the C spring clip, nothing else to it ?
(I bought a pack of new clips recommended on this site they look identical to me)

The o-rings are obviously brand new so can't be them ?

I have no idea what kind of flow is normal on the leak offs but it's pretty substantial, puddle under the car in no time, would these leak offs leak if the flow is too much despite good o-rings ?

I refitted the injectors when I replaced the rocker cover, is there something I've done wrong causing too much flow on the leak offs ? As mentioned I don't know if these leak off a lot in normal operation ?

Scratching my head as the leak off's are fairly simple to connect to the injector, but , all 3 straight after fitting seems like it's something I'm doing

Would really appreciate any guidance offered. Thanks

Post #638581 Sat Jan 06 2024 7:43pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Maybe you need to lubricate the o rings with oil or silicone to ensure they fully locate

Or maybe you have use a cheap poor quality kit

Post #638584 Sat Jan 06 2024 9:25pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Grease the O rings or you’ll cut them when you insert into the injector. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #638671 Wed Jan 10 2024 1:10pm
peterjj

Australia 

I had a bad leak after refitting the leak off connectors.
Turned out the spring clip wasn't seating correctly and although it looked like the connector was in, it was out enough to leak.
Try to remove the connector after fitting the spring clip, if it comes out then the spring clip is not seating good. I bent the spring clip in a bit to make it tighter and haven't had problem since. Pete
2008 L320 TDV8
2022 Hilux Rugged-X

Post #638689 Wed Jan 10 2024 11:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1