RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Spotlight Brackets
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Hi Silverstone,

Thats a good question and one i did consider myself, but there is still a huge amount of area on the radiator and the condenser exposed behind the grill and also in behind the winch cut out. Land Rover used A bar frames on the G4 Challenge Discoverys fitted with large spotlights in roughly the same place and i would love to think they thought about this before fitting them Rolling with laughter The honest answer is i haven’t noticed any but it is something i will keep an eye on when towing heavy stuff and the weather warms up more Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #598286 Wed Apr 29 2020 1:47pm
Silverstone

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Baltic Blue

Would be interested for an update in the summer. Not sure how much more or less heat the 5.0 SC creates compared to the diesel engine and how the size of rads etc may vary. Very tricky but your RRS does look the nuts Thumbs Up and I do like extra lighting. Back in the 80's I had Fiesta 1300S with huge Cibie Super Oscars on the front - slowed the car down by several MPH but it was like driving in daylight Laughing There is no replacement for displacement - W O Bentley

MY2013 5.0 Supercharged HSE L320

Post #598287 Wed Apr 29 2020 2:24pm
Duc750

United Kingdom 

Generally I think Diesels are so cool running these days the engine cooling is not so critical but it will block some intercooler flow i would imagine.
I won't stick stuff on the grill on the TD5 with the exception of the winch solenoid pack as I end up towing in hot countries sometimes and need every bit of airflow I can get. The TD5 is much more sensitive to temperature though than the V6 2012 SDV6 HSE (technically its hers)
2000 D2 TD5 - definitely mine
2005 D3 V8
Metalian Camper trailer for adventures

Post #598289 Wed Apr 29 2020 2:35pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I think the intercooler is at the bottom.

My concerns.

1) To change headlight bulbs (the important lights!), you need to remove the grill. SO if you can't remove the grill that will be very annoying

2) They get in the way when working on the engine and will be very annoying.

The HID lights are very good on these. Do you really need spots?

There was also that option of fitting 4 lights into the bumper!

Post #598293 Wed Apr 29 2020 3:35pm
Buckster

Yes you do need to remove the grill to change a headlight bulb, but i would also need to remove a light guard to do that also, and security screws to stop the scum stealing the headlights by just popping up the tabs. I always carry the correct tools for the job when we are on our Pyrenees overland adventures and removing 2 spot lights takes 2 mins with the correct security sockets Wink

Yes the HID headlights are very good on these cars but when i switch the bumper spots on you cannot even notice the headlights any more Rolling with laughter

There was never a 4 light bumper option for a Facelift car Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #598296 Wed Apr 29 2020 4:15pm
Grizzly

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

But it looks soo good though Cool

Post #598312 Wed Apr 29 2020 6:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Buckster

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

Post #598706 Fri May 08 2020 1:53pm
SPLrover

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Chris,

I'm new to the forum, would you be able to DM me regarding your bumper winch please?

Cheers

Pete

Post #618107 Thu Oct 14 2021 12:27pm
Dc191peter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Info on spotlight brackets

Hi all

I’ve just bought a 2013 RRS Black HSE, after many years with a Shogun. I had a pair of Kings Lethal 9” LED driving lights which were amazing and would really like to fit these to my new car. As a 4x4 Responder they were invaluable on the moors and I don’t want to fit a roof light bar, if I can avoid it. Do you have, or know of anyone who has, a sketch of how the brackets were made up please? I really don’t want to start cutting in to the grille until I have a clear idea of how the bracket would fit. Any info would be really welcome. Many thanks, Peter

***Edit***
Finally managed to dit a second battery with split charge under the bonnet. Made a strong (4mm) bracket for the driving lamps and modified a centre console panel to house the light switches. Also have ‘covert’ ambers in the front and rear, and an RVL 1200mm amber light bar that I can mount when I need it. Car looks stock from the outside apart from the driving lights. Must say I’m pretty pleased with the result.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #626860 Sun Sep 25 2022 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12