RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2015/2016 Autobiography or 2017 HSE Dynamic?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 
2015/2016 Autobiography or 2017 HSE Dynamic?

Hi all, been pointed onto this site from another forum member in hope I can get some answers. Currently driving a 66 plate F80 M3 comp pack, really like the car however I would like to get in something a bit bigger (we are giving the missus' Volvo V90 R Design back next month for a smaller Audi A4 avant so need space to lug 2 kids, camping gear etc in). The M3 has been great but it does attract a lot of attention from boy racers and given i've just hit 40, sit in traffic and under 50mph 99% of the time I am sort of done with it! I have never really owned a proper 4x4 either, had an F150 lightning a few years back but since then always stuck to AMGs and M cars (and a Lamborghini!).

Anyway, I have a budget around the £36-37k ish mark for a RRS, of course want the best one possible for the money, it looks like I am able to get into a 2015/2016 Autobiography or a 2017 HSE Dynamic (with the upgraded infotainment). Some of the Autobiographies look great on the autotrader but its the outdated infotainment that scare's me a little (the iDrive in my M3 is fantastic). Which would I be better of going for?

Note I will be buying a warranty for it and mileage doesnt really put me off.

Cheers

Post #603058 Sun Aug 09 2020 10:03pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Probably the most important for me was the panoramic roof, all autobiographies have it, whilst it was an option on HSE dynamic.

Look out for offers at dealers, I got £3k off by taking out a pcp, and then paid off within a month at £100 interest or so, it can stretch your budget.

I came from a disco 4 to a 2015 Autobiography so the infotainment is pretty much the same. As I haven’t had anything better I don’t miss anything. The autobiography seats are better and more adjustable, apart from that you could find an HSE dynamic with more than an autobiography.

You just need to get out there looking, beware though, I found the approved used website useless for seeing what a dealer had, it seemed to be several weeks behind, the garages own web sites are far more up to date. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #603061 Mon Aug 10 2020 6:57am
mrsammyp

United Kingdom 

Personally I would be pushing for a 2017 and having come from a BMW, there is no way I could use the older system as it’s so out of date. Apple CarPlay works perfectly on the widescreen 10” screen.

I also went down the route of PCP with the main dealer, getting the £3k deposit contribution and then paying off the finance in full within a couple of days. That might push your budget to £40k. MY2017 RRS Capathian Grey

Post #603066 Mon Aug 10 2020 9:03am
fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 

Ok thanks both, indeed the older software looks a little out of date but have seen some wider android units that are on the market that fit in whilst still retaining the original look?

With the 2017 on do they all get the lane change etc as standard or is that option on all Autobiographies whatever year?

Will look at the PCP option, is it a case of finding one at a dealer, telling them I want PCP, getting the discount offered to me (or I tell them I want £X off the price), pay the first month then pay it off?

Thanks

Post #603068 Mon Aug 10 2020 9:46am
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I’m not seeing any offers right now, they may have something at a dealers.

If you want Apple play you need at least MY 16 which starts at 65 plate I believe. Otherwise you can do an android conversion. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #603071 Mon Aug 10 2020 10:13am
mrsammyp

United Kingdom 

These are available but in my opinion I would prefer the real thing if possible. Free updates are released all the time and all come with CarPlay and Android Auto once you've installed the latest software.

If you mean the lane departure system (i.e. vibrates when you cross the line in the road) then this is standard on all model that are MY17. If you mean the warning light in the wing mirror, then this is an optional extra.

Land Rover were offering a £3k PCP deposit on their website for Approved RRS, this seems to have disappeared now but certainly no harm in mentioning it. MY2017 RRS Capathian Grey

Post #603072 Mon Aug 10 2020 10:15am
fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 

Dave-t wrote:
I’m not seeing any offers right now, they may have something at a dealers.

If you want Apple play you need at least MY 16 which starts at 65 plate I believe. Otherwise you can do an android conversion.

This is what i was after really, is the Android conversion commonly done over here? Happy to take things apart etc myself, hopefully the screen swap is fairly DIY?

Post #603073 Mon Aug 10 2020 10:45am
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

There have been a few attempts on the Facebook group and the6 say it works. Personally, I’m not seeing what benefits u get for £1k layout? As I haven’t had more modern, I don’t know wha5 I am missing. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #603076 Mon Aug 10 2020 11:42am
fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 

I think for me it is to keep the tech side a little more up to date and more enjoyable to use. The idrive on my M3 is currently great so would want something comparable to this. The look of the earlier one is almost as bad as the RNSE one I had in my Gallardo, just takes the enjoyment out of using it a little and comes somewhat frustrating. If I can get a decent spec pre-2017 one under my budget I would be happy to spend £1000 to get this unit in.

Post #603080 Mon Aug 10 2020 12:37pm
mrsammyp

United Kingdom 

Lots of information and successful installs here:

https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/10-25-...rt.338391/ MY2017 RRS Capathian Grey

Post #603087 Mon Aug 10 2020 1:32pm
fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 

That's really helpful thank you!

Post #603090 Mon Aug 10 2020 2:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1