RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > A bit late to the party but I really, really, like my RRS...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Seatown

Location: Moray - if you're a courier, yes it's mainland UK & no it's not in the Highlands

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
A bit late to the party but I really, really, like my RRS...

At midnight last night I got home from a solo 1180 mile round trip on a "Dunkirk" style rescue of mini-Seatown number 1 from London. After some debate with the Boss as to which car to take ("sensible" wagon vs my 3.6 TDV8 RRS) I left at 3.30pm Thursday from NE Scotland and was back home safe and sound 32 hours later.

I was amazed at how comfortable and fatigue free my trip was and no aches and pains at all - I'm sure I'd be suffering had I been in any other car that I have owned in the past.

First part of my trip south was A/B roads, so Dynamic mode was the order of the day on the twisty bits and notwithstanding I was making "progress", and LR's optimistic electronics, I saw an average of 32mpg on the trip.

Once I hit dual carriageway it was time to engage the adaptive cruise, especially as everywhere now up here seems to be average speed camera plagued. So with an indicated 74 mph set on the ACC for the next 500 miles I was delighted to see an average mpg of 30.3 for the rest of my trip.

Offspring number 1 was very impressed when I told her that the RRS had an early iteration of Google self drive installed as demonstrated by the ACC hitting the brakes when someone wandered into our lane and then instantly dropping a gear to accelerate back to the required speed again. I did eventually own up but she was genuinely taken aback when I showed that it had DAB radio - "Really? for a 10 year old car?" she said Rolling with laughter

So all in all a great car so far! 2010 TDV8 - current - my first RRS, loving it so far......
2005 Cayenne S - handling defied physics and what a sound, so sod the mpg!
1995 Disco TDI- surprisingly reliable, shame about the peeling dash & other trim
Lots of other non 4X4's in between times.........

Post #596825 Sat Mar 21 2020 9:17pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Glad you had a good trip Kev Thumbs Up

These cars really are amazingly comfortable for long journeys. Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #596826 Sat Mar 21 2020 9:38pm
syl

United Kingdom 

I really like mine too - best car (and most expensive) I have ever had. Pity I won’t be keeping it at the end of the PCP. The GMFV is way above what it will be worth come November. The diesel crash was bad enough, though the profit margin dealers charge made it possibly worth keeping, as opposed to buying another. The Coronavirus crash is going to kill luxury car sales and hence value so I doubt it will be worth buying, but I don’t want to buy a different 3 year old RRS as that won’t be “mine” - plus I won’t want to liquidate any stocks and shares ISA cash in the next few years.

There will some good bargains out there for people that want a couple of years old luxury car. Unfortunately I doubt there will be so many deals available on new cars, as production will just slow right down. I’ll probably get a good deal on a handed back Golf R or something and keep that for a few years. Hopefully I’ll be in a position to buy a new RR when the next models come out and life returns to normal.

But things might change. I have until November. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #596843 Sun Mar 22 2020 7:48am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Nice one Seatown. The TDV8 was best engine for the old RRS in my opinion. "Effortless" is the way to describe it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #596846 Sun Mar 22 2020 9:34am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Used to regularly go 500 miles London/Donegal and back later in my RRS. Absolute pleasure to drive long distances, especially on the twisties. Even towing a large trailer for the same journey is effortless.

I've "retired" the RRS from motorway duties but the XC was in the garage this past six weeks, so being back on the M4 to London a couple of times, which has reminded me just how lovely this car is for distance driving.

Post #596857 Sun Mar 22 2020 10:57am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

They really are excellent " mile munchers" only had my TDV8 since last September to date I have had 38 cars in 49 years of driving but without doubt the RRS is the most comfortable & satisfying to drive of all of them.

Post #596858 Sun Mar 22 2020 11:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1