RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Main dealer servicing. Anyone have a decent main dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MrM

Main dealer servicing. Anyone have a decent main dealer?

My car was due it’s 3 year service and MOT booked in today. Arrived at 8am as requested. Bollards not lowered into site until 08:10 amidst a queue of about 12 cars waiting to get in. Car didn’t move until 09:15 much to my frustration due to dealer awaiting staff to perform MOT as not all staff are qualified. I ask for car not to be washed and for me to accompany vehicle if taken off of site for any reason. I get looked at blankly and told ‘they should be able to do that’.

3 hours later and I’m presented with a bill for £705 and a card machine. Excuse me but I have a service plan and won’t be paying that. Ok Sir, let me check. In the meantime here are the checkpoints from the service. Front and rear discs badly pitted and corroded, rear pads 50% worn. That’s a bit strange on a 3 year old car with 8k on the clock. Oh, wait, this paperwork is for another customer, I’m so embarrassed, let me get yours.

Dear Land Rover, please install me with confidence your service team aren’t all monkeys. This is the second year service has been woeful. I’ll be going to a different dealer next time and seeing if any better. It’s not that hard, is it?

Thanks

Post #595817 Sat Feb 29 2020 9:17pm
PEACHY

England 

Unfortunately there is not enough time to put in words my latest experience with dealerships & there Censored behaviours.
Farnells Bolton - lied to me to say they had put £50 worth of fuel in to get me back to Brum - I had a private video sent to me by a sales rep showing fuel gauge & mileage 5 days earlier - it was the Censored same. TPMS alert on way home & slow puncture was identified. It was obvious no dust caps had been removed to manually check pressures. When I asked for a copy of the 165 point pre delivery check it was unavailable & I was given £150 good will gesture.
Lancaster Birmingham North - my RRS was taken for a test drive by a temp who decided to do some shopping on the way back - I was then handed a copy of my health check which was a copy & paste from the fortnight before - the one where the slow puncture was identified from the previous dealer. I was promised processes would be reviewed & again I was offered a goodwill gesture of £100. I had a meal & handed in my receipt 3 weeks later no refund so I escalated the issue to there business relations contact. I was offered £300 worth of parts for my RRS as well as the £100 meal refunded. The Sport went in again in Jan - 3 weeks for parts & I asked for the Sport not to washed & it was duly returned with oil marks all over my ivory doorcards. I ignored the courtesy phone call out of frustration but sent another email - £150 worth of parts ( turned out to be £206 for the new switch packs for my steering wheel upgrade). I had offered to pay the difference but it was wiped on the grounds I score the dealership high when contacted by Landrover. I again had to get in touch with them because the mileage was approx 5000 more than I have actually done when they had entered the details onto the OSH on Topix. The date was also incorrect Big Cry
I have done pretty well from the dealerships involved BUT I’d rather my Sport not have been used as a shopping trolley - I did say please don’t clean but common sense dictates you would at least wipe off any obvious marks on the interior. I shouldn’t have to audit TOPIX & highlight anomalies.
My experience with the 4 dealerships I’ve dealt with over the years is 3/10 - can’t trust any of them IMO. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #595822 Sat Feb 29 2020 9:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

There are many stories on here about poor performance from LR dealers (and a very few good stories). My experience is with a much older car (2008 RRS and prior to that S Type Jag) but there is no contest with older cars - you avoid LR Dealers like the plague and find a good local indie. These tend to employ mechanics not bolt off bolt on monkeys. Its much more of a problem with a newer car as there is the issue of resale value with those which will not affect older cars. Never-the-less, if I were the proud owner of a newer vehicle and planned to keep it for some time, I'd definitely use my local indie Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #595839 Sun Mar 01 2020 9:51am
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Wimbledon Land Rover Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #595864 Sun Mar 01 2020 6:42pm
nil07

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

MrM - which dealership was this ? N

E46 M3
X6
2015 RRS HSE dynamic
2018 RRS Autobiography
2019 SVR

Post #595866 Sun Mar 01 2020 7:50pm
mgrover

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I cant trust any mechanic unless I see them do the work myself.

Post #597180 Tue Mar 31 2020 12:59pm
MrM

nil07 wrote:
MrM - which dealership was this ?

Hatfield, formerly Welwyn.

Post #597530 Wed Apr 08 2020 6:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1