RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Grrr!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GARYF123

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Grrr!

I have posted regarding my sons 2007 tdv6 many times with problems ranging from shattered engine to faulty inter-cooler to removal of ace system!
It was finally made ok in July of last year and returned to my son who intended to sell it. He didn't get round to it and cold weather came and after his wife pestering him to move it on, he called me as he couldn't get in it as battery was flat. The battery and alternator were fitted new last July and had only done about 15 miles (as had the tyres, brakes, discs, inter-cooler, engine etc). I tried to get in through the manual lock on the passenger side but couldn't operate it (the door actuator was also fitted new but i think i must have not connected one of the linking cables so this also needs looking at now). I managed to get the bonnet up by making various shaped implements so i thought trouble over. I removed and recharged the battery overnight and refitted it this afternoon. Car started straight away. I thought i would take it for a quick test drive to make sure it was ok for the mot tomorrow (less than 150 miles since last mot) but found electric brake to be jammed on, the light went out but was obviously stuck on. I drove it back and forwards a couple of times and it freed off. Sorted, or so i thought! drove round corner and Yellow lights on (one with car rolling, DSC light and brake shoe light all on) HDC warning on screen too. I stopped car, turned ignition off and restarted, all lights off. I raised and lowered suspension several times and all was fine. I drove off again and all lights back on!
Anybody got any ideas? i suspect it could have something to do with the handbrake being stuck on even though it works ok now?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Post #593862 Sun Jan 26 2020 8:34pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

These cars don't like sitting around for any length of time and pretty sure it would not like rocking back and for to release the handbrake so if possible drive it more often and you may find this will not happen Thumbs Up

Post #593929 Tue Jan 28 2020 10:13am
GARYF123

It is going to be sold but need to get yellow lights off first to get through mot! I was hoping it would be something like getting epg reset?

Post #593941 Tue Jan 28 2020 1:53pm
geoffsnook

If the epg works on and off i would have thought after a few cycles of the ignition and running or get codes read and cleared which may work or tell you whats wrong Thumbs Up

Post #593942 Tue Jan 28 2020 2:12pm
GARYF123

Ok, will do.
Do you think its a good idea to disconnect battery again then when re-connected and ignition on, the 'press footbrake' message will come on and it might reset itself. I don't remember this happening before.

Post #593959 Tue Jan 28 2020 6:52pm
geoffsnook

No but you can try a hard reset which means disconnecting battery and placing the positive and negative battery cables together (well away of course from the battery) and hold them together for a while it discharges and resets the system to a point so may work for you if you have no faults or search for hard reset on here to find out more Thumbs Up

Post #593961 Tue Jan 28 2020 7:03pm
GARYF123

Ok, so i disconnected the battery and removed it, then held battery leads together for about 30 seconds and reconnected battery. Started up and moved off. All 3 yellows came on again along with HDC fault message, park brake fault and suspension lowered message. When stopped and restarted, all lights go out and suspension raises and lowers ok but when driven, all return. Park brake works ok. Just to confirm, the cars ACE equipment has been removed and reprogrammed to suit standard set up. Could it just need EPB resetting after driving backwards and forwards to unstick it?

Post #594138 Sat Feb 01 2020 3:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1