Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 150,000 Mile (120 month) Service Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

drexal

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black
150,000 Mile (120 month) Service Advice

Hi All,

My RRS has been serviced yearly since new all by main dealers (i've only owned it 6months).

Its about to have it's 120,000 Mile (96 month) Service as the car is 8 years old

This is all fine apart from in 2 years time, it will need to have its 150,000 Mile (120 month) Service.

The problem is the car has currently only done 63,000 miles and i doubt in 2 years time that it wouldn't have even covered 100k in milage.

So that would be 50,000 miles sooner than when i need this service.

I have only got a quote for the 150,000 Mile (120 month) Service from a couple of main dealers at the moment and they are all around £2,500.
I will obviously go to an Indy to do this.

Am i able to put this massive service off until the car is nearly at 150,000 miles and just keep doing the LR recommended A, B, C yearly services until i reach nearly 150k miles.

Even though that would mean that the car would be well over the "120 months old" recommendation on when LR say you should do this massive service!

Thanks to anyone that can advise me on this. 2012 RRS HSE 5.0 SUPERCHARGED Santorini Black

Post #593739 Fri Jan 24 2020 6:03am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

At £2500.00 you are being shafted, just had a quick look at L/R service schedule and all a S/C gets at 150k or 10 years above a normal "B" service is:

Coolant change
Front and Rear Axle oils.
Accessory Drive Belt
Transmission Oil and Filter
Dynamic Response Filter
Also mentions Fuel Filter which might be expensive as integral part of the pump and inside the tank on a 2012 car so would have to drop the tank to change it.

They list the Transfer Box Oil at 160k. don't even list Air Filters at 150k they are every 60k. Although obviously any oil's and filter's changed on a more regular basis can't be a bad thing as prevention is better than cure, especially the transmission oil. Just find a good Indy as at 10 year's old as a main dealer service history won't mean anything but a pile of bills and receipts for work done from a Indi will.

Cheers
Col

Post #593740 Fri Jan 24 2020 7:00am
drexal

Thanks for replying Col, and for all the info.

That’s interesting regarding changing out the air filters, on my service schedule the air filters would be changed every 3 years but with how little miles I’m doing I could prob hold off changing these to.

So would u do service in 2years even if the car is well under 150,000 miles? 2012 RRS HSE 5.0 SUPERCHARGED Santorini Black

Post #593745 Fri Jan 24 2020 8:43am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Irrespective of mileage it still needs a annual service at least, at 63k now I personally would have transmission flushed and oil changed. As I do low mileage now I change air filters and pollen filter every couple of years, as far as everything else is concerned I would do what is recommended in the service schedule as a minimum based on time rather than actual mileage. I have always worked on the basis that a couple of gallons of oil and a few filters is far cheaper the a new engine, transmission etc.
I'm only saying what I would personally do, obviously others may or will have a different opinion.

Cheers
Col

Post #593748 Fri Jan 24 2020 9:19am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Lots of indys we can recommend depending on your location.... Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #593755 Fri Jan 24 2020 10:22am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I'm with Col here. Look at what you paid for it and what its worth after 6 months but the value of these things is dropping like a stone. If you got a really good deal at purchase then there might be some argument for keeping the dealer service going but, and especially if you plan to keep it for any length of time, you should be more worried about keeping it in tip top reliable condition and not so worried about its resale value. My experience of main dealers is that they no longer employ mechanics, they employ people who can just unbolt one part and replace it with another. Good indies will do a much better job and for less money. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #593760 Fri Jan 24 2020 11:26am
drexal

Thanks Col.

Sadly i'm absolutely broke at the moment, hence the amount of time i'm spending trying to get a really good service done for as low as price as poss. So the trans flush might have to wait till next year where i'll hopefully be on my feet again. But good know how the services and maintenance should go. I just wish i could do these jobs myself to save money and have the satisfaction i know its been done properly.

Thanks for replying DR Rob i'm based in East London, if you know of any good ones around there.

Hi Eaters
So i paid 20k exactly for the car 5months ago (private sale), there's currently 4 on auto trader at mo, some are autobiography's one 16k & another is 19k, but these are all 2011 model, so i'm hoping people will pay slightly more for the 2012 model because of the electric tail gate and couple of the newer updates. But yes i can see what your saying, i love this car to death. And i really want to keep it as long as i can or until the MPG bankrupts me! So i will loose thousands probably over the next few years. I left school to become a car mechanic in my teens, and have been wanting to have a car i work on / maintain myself for the last 20 years. So hopefully i can do some bits myself to keep it running well 🙏🏼 2012 RRS HSE 5.0 SUPERCHARGED Santorini Black

Post #593765 Fri Jan 24 2020 12:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1