Home > General > td v8 vogue or tdv6 vogue cant decide
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

wilpert

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
td v8 vogue or tdv6 vogue cant decide

Hello all,
Long time no post.
I have an old RR sport tdv8 2007 plate, its covered 157k miles and I intend to keep it until it dies, which hopefully wont be too soon.

Now my dilemma, My missus, has a Macan 3.0 diesel and its a lovely car but fancies getting a Land Rover vogue in an Autobiography spec.
Budget is around 40k and we have seen a few, prices and specs are similar but we just dont know if we should go for the V8 or V6, She drives around 12k miles a year so the fuel cost does make a difference but should it be a dealbreaker from the more powerful model.

FWIW, i am not too fussed about driving fast as i have a Boxster GTS that i can use for this but really cant decide on the Vogue.

Help and advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks
Craig

Post #593167 Sat Jan 11 2020 5:48pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

If your spending around 40k I would go for the SDV8 either in sport or vogue,it all depends on how you like to drive,if it’s steady away then go for the FF if you like to throw it about like I do then definitely the sport.whenbi bought the my15 sdv6 I now have I swore I would never buy another V6 & was looking for a V8 but couldn’t find one in the spec I wanted & this one I have came up at a dealers in the spec I wanted so I bought it.Im now looking for another petrol as I do miss the my14 SC I had,,I shouldn’t have sold it Big Cry Big Cry Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #593171 Sat Jan 11 2020 6:36pm
wilpert

Update on my search:

Ive found a really nice specced TDV6 2016 plate autobigraphy, the mileage is pretty low @ 35k and its a very nice looking car.

I have had a look online at vehicle stats, comparing V8 to V6 etc and I can see that the V8 power is substantially more but then so seems to be the fuel consumption.

I was quite suprised to discover that the 2007 RR sport TDV8 (my current daily runaround) is very similar in performance terms to the TDV6 Vogue, the fuel consumption on my V8 is pretty dire at an average 25mpg and the stated consumption on the TDV6 is 40mpg (although I doubt in the real world I would get this).

My missus, is currently driving the Macan S D which is a V6 and apart from the top end speed, the rest of the stats seem very similar to the Vogue, it is her who will be swapping cars for the new one, so I am now getting very tempted by the V6 over the V8, mainly for running cost reasons.
What did surprise me a little as that used Vogue V8's do not seem much different in price to the V6 models, I wonder if it is for the reason of people being conscious of running costs?

Having said all of the above, I am sure the 4.4 V8 is the beast to drive but in the nicest possble way, it will be a bit wasted on the missus as she is a pretty sensible driver and she doesnt tow a caravan to work:)

Post #593310 Wed Jan 15 2020 10:34am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just be warned that the TDV8 L322 “Vogue” or FFRR is not the big brother to the TDv8 RRS you might think it to be - I went from a 2007 TDv8 HSE RRS to a facelift 3.6TDv8 FFRR............ the RRS was far far better - the FFRR with the 3.6 V8 didn’t have such big or powerful brakes as the RRS and the TDv8RRS had Dynamic Response equipped suspension so it was like going from a rock steady RRS to a rolly polly FFRR. The 4.4v8 launch in FFRR in 2011 was miles better so if you can find a 4.4TDv8 L322 then you get the big brakes and the suspension mod of DR. First day I had my FFRR 3.6 Vogue L322 I nearly drove it in the back of another car on the M1 it took so much longer to stop than the RRS took on big Brembos 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #593312 Wed Jan 15 2020 11:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

wilpert wrote:

My missus, is currently driving the Macan S D which is a V6 and apart from the top end speed, the rest of the stats seem very similar to the Vogue, it is her who will be swapping cars for the new one, so I am now getting very tempted by the V6 over the V8, mainly for running cost reasons.

Has she driven a FFRR? I would think that compared to the Macan it'll feel and respond like a supertanker...although if you get one with Dynamic Response (hydraulic anti roll bars), it'll be much less "ship on the waves" as Tim highlights. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #593317 Wed Jan 15 2020 11:44am
wilpert

Ok

Thanks for the opinions.
So if I’m considering the tdv6 ffrr, assuming I’m happy with the power/torque/economy etc.
Then I should be looking out for dynamic response, won’t that be fitted as standard on an autobiography?

Post #593322 Wed Jan 15 2020 1:14pm
wilpert

So this is the car

https://www.lawtonbrook.co.uk/listings/lan...ography-2/

FWIW I’ve bought from here before and they were pretty good and I do realise this is a little bit high price but they’ve offered a good px price and the spec does look good.
Opinions welcome please.

Post #593323 Wed Jan 15 2020 1:19pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just a thought on the fuel consumption - and I know it depends on how you drive it and the type of roads you are on - but if you look at Tyrefitters Fuelly reading in his sign off, he's getting 26.6 from his V6. That's nothing like the 40mpg you are hoping for.

Really, if mpg is an important factor then perhaps an RRS is not the car for you. Also check road tax as well - mine (a lot older) costs me £550 pa so you have to love it to want to pay that much Very Happy Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #593326 Wed Jan 15 2020 2:44pm
RRSTDV8

wilpert wrote:
So this is the car

FWIW I’ve bought from here before and they were pretty good and I do realise this is a little bit high price but they’ve offered a good px price and the spec does look good.
Opinions welcome please.

Hmmm, I'd be questioning why they don't know what it is. It's either a Vogue or an Autobiography. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #593329 Wed Jan 15 2020 3:00pm
RRSTDV8

Eaters wrote:
Just a thought on the fuel consumption - and I know it depends on how you drive it and the type of roads you are on - but if you look at Tyrefitters Fuelly reading in his sign off, he's getting 26.6 from his V6. That's nothing like the 40mpg you are hoping for.

Really, if mpg is an important factor then perhaps an RRS is not the car for you. Also check road tax as well - mine (a lot older) costs me £550 pa so you have to love it to want to pay that much Very Happy

He's looking at a FFRR not an RRS, but your point is a valid one even so.

The only way he'll get 40mpg is if he only ever drives down hill... Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #593330 Wed Jan 15 2020 3:01pm
wilpert

"He's looking at a FFRR not an RRS, but your point is a valid one even so.

The only way he'll get 40mpg is if he only ever drives down hill... Rolling with laughter "

Pretty sure I said that I doubt in the real world that I would get this.

Economy is not my main consideration but as we already have a RR sport TDV8 2007 model that I have driven for the last 100k miles, plus my weekend car is another gas burner (Porsche Boxster GTS). I feel that the third car, which will cover around 12k miles a year and not really driven too hard ought to be something a bit more sedate.

Hence, I was looking for balanced opinions on the LR Vogue TDV6 vs the Land Rover Vogue TDV8.

I suppose I will most likely get biased or anecdotal opinions because thats all I should expect but even those are helpful, as any input is good as far as i am concerned so please if anybody has driven both a TDV8 and a TDV6 then give me an opinion (that's a Vogue I mean not a RR Sport V8 which i already have).

Thanks again.

Oh and BTW please feel free comment on link that I gave to the car.

Post #593332 Wed Jan 15 2020 4:17pm
RRSTDV8

I have already commented on the linked vehicle. They describe it as a Vogue Autobiography. It's either a Vogue or an Autobiography. I would have thought the AB would have "adaptive dynamics" which is the later name for dynamic response I believe.

I've just clicked on the link again and it's showing it as sold. Have you bought it or did someone beat you to it? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #593336 Wed Jan 15 2020 6:01pm
wilpert

No it’s not sold I just checked.

Post #593337 Wed Jan 15 2020 6:16pm
RRSTDV8

Ok. One link shows sold the other doesn't. Problem at their end I guess. Thumbs Up

Worth checking it's a real AB. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #593347 Wed Jan 15 2020 8:55pm
wilpert

Pretty sure it’s real. Rolling Eyes

Post #593348 Wed Jan 15 2020 11:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>