Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Upgrading to 2018 model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Maine

United Kingdom 
Upgrading to 2018 model

Hi folks

I currently own a 2012 HSE SDV6. Its been quite reliable had the odd common issues but loved owning it, slightly rubbish on fuel than I thought it would be 23mpg average on my short commute.
Been looking at upgrading to a 2018 onwards model. I did look at a cayenne and it was lovely to drive but didn’t feel like it has the same commanding driving position as the range which is something I love.

Would love and SVR but just can’t stomach the fuel and running costs, don’t really want another diesel with the way the uk and world are going. Now I have noticed the new HST model which seems to fit between the P400e and the SVR. Which really interests me, has some nice special bits like the carbon and suede bits.
Would like to here peoples views on the new 2018 onwards model especially the HST. Has there been many with typical Range Rover problems, and just any advise really never purchased and new/nearly new car before

Thanks

Post #592569 Tue Dec 31 2019 4:33pm
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Hi Maine, I've had my HST now since Oct when I saw it sitting in the showroom & I've done 1500 miles, both towing & solo. For the past 17 yrs I've had diesels and in the later years a mixture of a/b & hse & in all honesty this is by far the best. The engine is superb so powerful & smooth & quiet., & I consider very economical. Going by the onboard display it does 19mpg towing, & up to 30mpg solo, depending on how I drive it. In view of it's still low mileage I expect this will improve..It has a lot of refinements over my last 2018 hse. Of course, this is my opinion & others will think differently . current 2015 hse dynamic, grey.

Post #592576 Tue Dec 31 2019 6:53pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I have a P400 HSE which I bought in September. Its now done just over 4k miles and I love it. As said the engine is a dream, equipment level is excellent and performance is all that is needed. Fuel consumption is not great but near enough what I expected. The computer is by my calculation 3mpg optimistic. Around town expect about 20mpg and on a fairly quick run back from Geneva on Saturday, average speed in the high 70s it returned 26mpg. I have had close to 30mpg but needed amazingly boring driving. I chose the HSE as I don't really like the bling of the HST but horses for courses. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #592578 Tue Dec 31 2019 7:12pm
Maine

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply’s. I can’t imagine I would be a lot worse than my range now seen as that does 23around town. And diesel fuel is slightly more expensive as well. So I can live with that.

Post #592579 Tue Dec 31 2019 7:40pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I have the fatty P400e, but it must be similar, and I get as low as 15 mpg (!) round town if I turn off EV mode and enjoy myself in between the horrible traffic. In general terms, though, it feels like it’s 5 mpg lower than my prior 2011 3.0 TDV6 Sport. In terms of a drivetrain it’s night and day in refinement and performance, I love love EV mode and I love the wee petrol engine, it’s really gutsy and even it wee bit gruff. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #592656 Thu Jan 02 2020 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1