RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Intelligent Emergency Braking with ACC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Intelligent Emergency Braking with ACC

Guys we have a member over on BabyRR who has a 2017MY Evoque with the Intelligent Emergency Braking with Adaptive Cruise control option and he has a problem with it failing in heavy rain.

Is there anyone here who has the option and if so have they been having issues with the system shutting down in heavy rain?

I had ACC on my 2007 TDv8 but it only shut down in snow when the detector head would get blocked but the latest system has a camera somewhere in the front of the car as well and I wondered if like our reversing cams that was getting obscured/ dirty in heavy rain, causing the system to throw up error messages - there is no facility to clean the forward cam on the Evoque without getting out and wiping it manually! The guy's car is in the service bay at the moment while the detector head is replaced under warranty as the dealership thinks that is a problem with that end of the system. I wondered if there might be a hairline crack in the coverplate for the detector unit that only leaks if it is raining hard or the signal from the cam is corrupted due to a dirty lens. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #515020 Thu Jan 19 2017 6:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Tim, I got both and have had no issues in the rain or snow. ACC operates on 76 - 77 GHz so it can get absorbed by rain, maybe the ACC unit on that RRE has a faulty RADAR unit that don't have sufficient power output to compensate for rain.

Post #515036 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:57am
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Mine has failed when its become covered in grime or if I have travelled through standing water - a quick reset by getting out, locking, waiting 10 secs and then restarting cures it. 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #515042 Thu Jan 19 2017 11:08am
Tim in Scotland

Thanks guys, I will pass on the replies. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #515054 Thu Jan 19 2017 1:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

Just for my interest, how do you determine that Intelligent Emergency Braking is not working?

It is not something I would like to test. Regards

Malcolm

Post #515089 Thu Jan 19 2017 3:54pm
Tim in Scotland

You get a message in the dash info screen if there is a problem with the sensor and you cannot engage cruise control. I used to find it very annoying with the old version of Adaptive cruise that once you had the "sensor blocked" message you had no cruise control at all, I assume that is still the case and you cannot revert to a conventional non-adaptive cruise control in the event of a fault message. It was a pain to have no cruise control at all when I was regularly pounding the motorways between Southampton or London and Central Scotland during snowy conditions 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #515099 Thu Jan 19 2017 4:57pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

Yes, I understand that you might get some type of "inoperative" message on the display if the system has failed. however, in the absence of this, how do you know if it will actually apply the brakes as advertised? How do you test it? Regards

Malcolm

Post #515111 Thu Jan 19 2017 7:53pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Sounds like it's working correctly to me.

See 2nd "Warning" here

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/documen...c/G1806619

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #515133 Thu Jan 19 2017 11:27pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Hi All

Resurrecting this topic, I just collected a 2016 SVR and got a message to say that the radar for the emergency intelligent braking was blocked so the system is not available, Ive not tested the ACC but assume that will also be inoperable. The lane assistance that shakes the steering wheel doesnt shake the wheel but is enabled with no fault showing, maybe operates from the same radar so doesnt know Im changing lanes, or maybe something else?

Any help greatly appreciated, I dont know the location of the radar to see if somethings in the way, its due to be serviced by LR next week so just wanted an idea of whats up and if its something to replace they will sort, courtesy of the supplying indy dealer.

Thanks

Carl

Post #589221 Fri Oct 25 2019 10:05am
00by

I notice you say you've just collected the car - one possible explanation is that the battery is low since it's been sitting around at the dealers.
I've bought cars before that throw all kinds of electrical wobblies after collection - adaptive cruise systems being the most problematic!

A simple connection to a trickle charger to bring the battery back up to full and all issues disappeared for me!

Worth a go, anyway! MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #589223 Fri Oct 25 2019 10:37am
carlos50

Yes collected last night so could be that, will using it charge the battery?

Thanks

Post #589226 Fri Oct 25 2019 11:02am
00by

It will, but could take a while and may not fully charge the battery to an optimal state.

Using a dedicated trickle charger is definitely the best option - I use a Ctek MXS 5.0

I use it to recondition my car batteries once a year as well - it's a useful thing to have lying around! MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #589231 Fri Oct 25 2019 12:16pm
carlos50

The forward alert activation works for a bit then turns off so Im thinking system fault rather than batter but cant be sure.

I noticed that when I turned it on the lines for the lane assistance would illuminate then after the radar error they wouldnt so I think thats all linked, going to have LR diagnose it next Friday

Thanks

Post #589242 Fri Oct 25 2019 4:02pm
carlos50

Hi all, LR cleared the code but the error came back down the road, anyone know if a radar sensor from another vehicle with the same part number can be installed into mine without issues? The part is £1,400 or something and whilst the supplying dealer is responsible some other things also need doing so just wondering if its possible to fit any radar with the right part no?

Thanks

Post #589787 Sun Nov 03 2019 5:21pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

This happens to me last year when the freezing rain hit. It got quite a build up on the front of the car and Took 3 or so days to start working again despite it all melting on the same day.

Post #592149 Sat Dec 21 2019 10:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1