RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Getting to know my RR Sport TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

the_wombat

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Getting to know my RR Sport TDV8

Car was delivered Saturday morning so I have had a chance to get around it and start getting some work done.

I am a habitual eBay car buyer, so although the price is often good, I am used to finding unexpected things and having to sort them.

First thing when the car got here was to plug it in and get to grips with any fault codes. there were a few suspension ones, a parking brake one, and some climate control ones, but not much else. I thought it had EGR codes from when I test drove it but of these.

I did a full code clear and ECU reset (I have a Hawkeye which pretty much covers everything) and went out for a spin to see what would re-appear.

As follows:
- Rear right height sensor slow to respond (put the amber warning light on)
- parking brake auto release not working
- Several flaps in the climate unit not responding

Height sensor easy to sort. Parking brake is not putting up an error so I'll monitor it, and after a bit more driving and clearing codes, climate control seems to have sorted itself.

Now for the bad bit! Side steps were falling to bits, so I have removed them. In doing so, and removing the plastic sill covers, the drivers side rear sill is looking quite sorry for itself, with a few perforations and bits falling off.

I will need to get the welder out at some point! Does anyone know if repair panels are available for the rear outer sills, or do I need to get the rollers and bending tools out and make my own!!

The rest of the car is shaping up very nicely, interior is excellent except for the head unit that looks like it has been punched with multiple buttons broken and not functioning. I am inclined to keep the stereo , repair it, and find a plug in blue tooth solution. Needs a boot cover, front lighter socket, a new key remote case, and some floor mats and will all be sorted (there are number plates)

Post #606144 Sun Nov 01 2020 5:27pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

You can get this bit from L/R if it's what you are looking for, not cheap though for a bit of tin, but that's L/R for you.

Cheers
Col

Post #606149 Sun Nov 01 2020 10:43pm
the_wombat

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Ouch! That is expensive for a piece of tin!!

I reckon I can create the correct shape where the rot is out of the correct thickness steel.

It is all hidden under the sill cover and rear wheel arch trim. My welding isn't the tidiest so hidden is good. That does seem to be the problem though. The rear wheel arch trim plastic is a mud and moisture trap. it was absolutely full of road dirt when I took it off. Thumbs Up

Post #606157 Mon Nov 02 2020 8:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1