RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Regrets upgrading to L494 ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tom_w_27

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Regrets upgrading to L494 ???

Hi all,

I'm thinking about "upgrading" my 2006 sport this year.
I only do about 5k a year, hence an excuse for a 2014+ 5.0 supercharged.
I'd like to think my car is worth £7k Rolling Eyes hopefully
Ill have to part with another £28k, for the newer model.

Has anyone gone from the old model to the new, and regretted it? Are they worth the massive difference in price?

I love my current sport, but I feel if I keep it too much longer, it'll be worth nothing.

Any advice?

Post #592885 Mon Jan 06 2020 12:18am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You're doing man maths there. Rolling with laughter

If you keep the current one, the most you can lose is what it's worth - you think £7k. If you buy a newer one for £35k then you'll lose more than £7k assuming you keep it for a period of time.

As for the upgrade - do you make use of the storage under the rear seats or make use of the flat load bay when the seats are down? If you do, then you'll lose these when you upgrade. I've noticed that with each new version, Land Rover makes them less practical with less storage etc. If you don't use these features, then the difference is whether you prefer the newer interior, styling and driving experience to your current one. The newer one will be night-and-day different on the road.

You could get a late L320 5.0 Supercharged for much less. Same go, less money. Won't be quite as good on the road as the L494 but it'll be such an upgrade over your current one as to be "wow!" anyway.

Having been sensible Whistle , I now don my devil outfit and say: go one, get it, you deserve it and you only live once! Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #592887 Mon Jan 06 2020 12:55am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I looked at changing my L320 62 plate Autobiography over Christmas for a new model, 18 plate onwards with the twin screens. It looked lovely with all the new tech but then decided as mine is immaculate and only has 43k miles on it and I do about 5k miles a year tops, that I didn't want to pay that sort of money for a car that was just going to loose loads of value sitting on the drive unused all week so am now keeping my car. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #592948 Tue Jan 07 2020 8:09am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive had 4x L320 & 3x L494 one being a SC & the only reason I sold that was because it was black & showed every little mark.Expect to loose money on the L494 as ive noticed at the minute they are dropping in price rapidly,i paid 59k for my14 SC & px'd it 12 months later & got 42k & I had only done about 6k miles in it.What I should have done is have my SC wrapped & kept it but its too late now,ive noticed that the indie dealer that bought my old SC from GS in march has still got it on his forecourt since march last year so they arnt selling that well as mine was a nice straight clean low mileage car. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino