RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Extending Land Rover warranty after year 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

m13lky

United Kingdom 
Extending Land Rover warranty after year 3

My RRS is over 2 years old now, after the recent diesel price falls I’m thinking of keeping it for year 4 of the Pcp, who has recently extended the Land Rover warranty & what has been your experiences of this?

Cheers

Malc

Post #590232 Sun Nov 10 2019 9:59pm
RobF

United Kingdom 

I didn't renew the LR Warranty, feedback on here is that they are that good at paying up and expensive.

Have a look at Warranty Direct, that's who I went with.

Post #590266 Mon Nov 11 2019 6:06pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I didn’t didn’t keep my 2015.5MY after the warranty ran out because the extended warranty specifically excluded “design faults” despite my car having full LR service history and another two years to run on the service plan LR were not prepared to give an undertaking that a snapped crank would be repaired at their cost. They lost a customer of 30 years standing to BMW Mini because of that, I doubt I will ever buy another new JLR product again too. They don’t have confidence in their products why should we? Do check the small print of any warranty/ insurance policy you look at. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Nov 12 2019 10:32am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #590267 Mon Nov 11 2019 8:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

As above ^

JLR warranty has too many "get outs" so went to WD instead, also dont think its JLR anyway their "Approved" warranty is just another insurance policy operated by Carcare, so if I am going to Take out an insurance policy, tried to go for one that covers more for less £££

oh and they have a Refer a Friend scheme Whistle

and what do you mean about prices, I have just had an email from local dealer saying their cars are "in high demand" and we can get a great p/ex deal (unless they are just needing to sell their stock Yawn ) Laughing

and our RRS is for sale Whistle

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #590277 Mon Nov 11 2019 9:58pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info, only issue with a WD policy would be a courtesy car if/when mine did need repairs, as for prices when I bought mine the gfv was £50k at 3 years old & approx 21k miles, now you can easily buy these for less than this from JLR retailers so I would hate to think what they are buying them in at!

I think my gfv of £44k at 49months old is the only option, I know a few people with similar aged sdv6 l494s & there is no equity in them at the end of the pcp’s now, the bad press on diesel seems to have hammered residuals.

Post #590283 Mon Nov 11 2019 11:25pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Isn't the GFV of a pcp contract one of its advantages, it limits the downside of the value of your car. In the case of the price of diesel cars plummeting a person who has bought the car outright or on hp has no protection on the future value of the car. I have never expected to have any equity in a car financed on pcp, they are designed to produce a relatively inexpensive way to own a high value car.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #590285 Tue Nov 12 2019 1:20am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Tim,

There always used to be equity in these, one of the reasons I moved from various bmw X5’s, i researched quite a bit on residual value before I took the JLR gamble, got out of first one ok but even the prestige dealer who bought that of me mentioned the values on diesel 4x4’s have plummeted in the last year when I called him a few months ago.

One good thing as you say, we maybe don’t get anymore than gfv but at least it offers some protection on how much you should lose!

Post #590286 Tue Nov 12 2019 8:09am
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Bear in mind that if you’re sure you don’t want to keep the car after 3 years when the warranty expires (and with JLR reliability who would?) then leasing is usually cheaper than PCP and amounts to the same thing as you know exactly how much it will cost you over the lease period. If you do want to keep it longer then it’s not for you as there’s no right to buy at the end

Post #590304 Tue Nov 12 2019 1:51pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic54509.html 2022 P440e AB

Post #590340 Tue Nov 12 2019 10:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1