RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension Fault and intermittent Forward Alert Not Avail..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

aaronjb

United Kingdom 
Suspension Fault and intermittent Forward Alert Not Avail..

Another day, another fault Laughing Actually, it's been pretty much faultless beyond the things I know need doing for the last couple of months - since the alternator and door lock were replaced.

Drove it about 20 minutes this morning, parked up, sat there for a bit chatting (was dropping the OH off somewhere) and when I restarted I had "Suspension Fault" and a yellow triangle in the dash.

After I'd driven off, the first time I hit the brakes I had an additional "Forward Alert Not Available" pop up, then disappear, then pop up, then .. you get the idea.

Hitting ~25mph the Suspension Fault yellow triangle was joined by "Suspension Fault Max 30mph" and a red triangle - I assume that's just reinforcing the first fault.

My gut says electrical fault, given the two apparently unrelated faults and especially as the Forward Alert fault came and went umpteen times on the return 20 minute journey - and on arriving home I stopped & restarted and both faults had disappeared; tested the suspension - down to access, up to off-road and back to normal and it did everything without complaint.

Any suggestions for common wiring areas that might affect both systems? Front wiring common to level sensors & forward alert, maybe? I haven't got an IIDTool so I'm flying blind until/if I get the codes pulled by someone with a fancier tool than mine Smile 2014 BMW 530d Touring, 2006 BMW 650i, 2018 Mini Cooper S

Post #590083 Fri Nov 08 2019 10:11am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Have you had heavy rain, driven through some big puddles or pressure washed the car? 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #590089 Fri Nov 08 2019 11:07am
aaronjb

United Kingdom 

*looks outside*

Well .. there's been rain, that's for sure; though I haven't been through any big puddles, the OH has been driving it for a couple of weeks so maybe she's been wading through floods without telling me Shocked Very Happy

It's damp, cold, orrible condensation weather so yeah, water in electrics somewhere is top of my list of suspects - I'm imagining there to be a place where wiring common to both systems arrives. Hopefully not the BCM.. Neutral 2014 BMW 530d Touring, 2006 BMW 650i, 2018 Mini Cooper S

Post #590093 Fri Nov 08 2019 11:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1