RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > My TDV8 2007 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Briggsy

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
My TDV8 2007 RRS

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here after being a member for a little while and owning my RRS for a few weeks.

I have always wanted a Range Rover Sport since before I was even able to drive and now I am gladly and finally an owner of one. With my budget I was tempted by the 2.7 as there were a lot more available, however I hope I managed to get myself a good TDV8 for the same sort of money. It has 75k on the clocks and all (touch wood) appears pretty good so far. Bodywork needs a good detailing and some other bits, but overall I’m happy with my purchase.

Here are the pictures I have so far and a few of the damage to front and rear bumpers (I am looking for replacements if there are any available? Potentially HST or Autobiography in Java Black).

And the scuffs/damage on the bumpers

Think the main things I want to do is fit colour coded mirror caps, get some side steps and either get my bumpers Respray Ed or upgrade for HST/Autobiography ones. Other than that, I am really happy so far and just need to get it detailed to remove the swirls etc and put it in with a good Indy to give it a once over.

Post #598053 Thu Apr 23 2020 12:44pm
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Nice looking motor, I bought my TDV8 last September & absolutely love it never dreamt that I would have one but pleased I do, I found a really good Independent in Peterborough who went over mine & sorted a few bits out & gave it a clean bill of health, good luck with yours & enjoy it..

Post #598054 Thu Apr 23 2020 1:38pm
Briggsy

Thanks mate! Glad your enjoying yours.
I didn’t think I would end up with one but I’m so glad I decided to get one. Can use it to pull my track car project around too which will be a bonus.
Just trying to find good independent garages in Derby or Surrey as they are the two places I will primarily be.

Post #598062 Thu Apr 23 2020 3:36pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you change bumper covers, make sure you get one that is adaptive cruise control compatible. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #598067 Thu Apr 23 2020 7:15pm
Briggsy

I will do, although I’m not overly bothered about swapping the front bumper as it doesn’t have much wrong with it, mainly wanting a good condition rear to save respraying this one.

Post #598068 Thu Apr 23 2020 7:38pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

My old TDV8 was a cracking car, If you do decide to change the bumpers go for the HST if you can find any, as you wont find a genuine A/B front as they don't exist for the pre-facelift only aftermarket one's, the only way to fit genuine A/B one's is to change front wings, headlights etc. although a genuine A/B rear will fit straight on. Personally I think the HST looks better anyway. Thumbs Up

Cheers
Col

Post #598076 Fri Apr 24 2020 12:14am
Briggsy

That is the plan if I do upgrade bumpers to be fair, I would want genuine parts if I did the autobiography upgrade, but finding genuine parts and then respraying them etc would be too expensive for me.

For now, I believe I have found a very good condition standard rear bumper, so I'm going to get that, maybe colour code the door handles, lower boot trim and possibly get some side Steps and with a good detail I think I'll be happy with how it looks.

Post #598099 Fri Apr 24 2020 9:12pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

There are so many things you can do to the Sport that the only thing that becomes limiting is the cost!

Cheap mods could be colour coded door handles from Powerful UK (If they have the colour).

Side grills and front grill in a different colour or style.

Colour coded door bottoms.

A little more expensive could be LED rear lights.

Disco 4.5 mirrors (AKA RRS 2 mirrors)

Or you keep it stock and tidy it up. Then you sit back and watch everyone looking at your car.

One big expense worth it's money is the IID BT, it will likely pay its self back in no time. I have both the IID BT and LR SDD and the IID is by far the easiest. I can use it anywhere and fit it in seconds and do what I want using the iPhone or iPad. If I need to do something more in depth, it's something I usually have to plan as it needs the battery charger fitting and the lap top firing up and waiting for the obligatory download and update from JLR to finish. That's a ball ache! 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #598102 Fri Apr 24 2020 9:47pm
Briggsy

Yeah I have been eyeing a few parts up on powerful recently, just waiting on java black handles and mirror covers coming in stock.

What is the IID BT? I havent seen about that yet, but will look into it, although I use samsung/android so If it doesnt work with that I probably wouldnt bother as I cant see me going back to apple anytime soon.

Post #598103 Fri Apr 24 2020 9:59pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

Cheers
Col

Post #598105 Fri Apr 24 2020 10:22pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Briggsy wrote:
Yeah I have been eyeing a few parts up on powerful recently, just waiting on java black handles and mirror covers coming in stock.

What is the IID BT? I havent seen about that yet, but will look into it, although I use samsung/android so If it doesnt work with that I probably wouldnt bother as I cant see me going back to apple anytime soon.

If you can, go for the replacement mirror covers rather than the stick on. I’ve seen the full cover stick on type and they look like stick on covers. Plus if you need to get into the mirror to work on it, you now have to pull off the cover which will likely damage them or the mirror. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #598115 Sat Apr 25 2020 8:15am
Briggsy

Ahh right, that’s a good point to note. I will look into that when I get around to sorting that, as I am prioritising the rear bumper over the other parts for now.

Thanks for the heads up though Thumbs Up

Post #598129 Sat Apr 25 2020 1:33pm
Briggsy

So recently I managed to buy myself a genuine rear autobiography bumper, as I thought I wanted to slowly do the full conversion. However after thinking about it and the cost it will incur, I have decided against it now and this will stay standard (minus colour coded handles and maybe side steps). So at some point I will be putting that up for sale which will cover my Respray cost for the standard bumper I have.

This is my daily car and is going to be used to pull my RX7 project car around to different garages while I’m building it, so I am going to put the money into that project instead.

Just waiting for a body shop to open again to Respray my rear bumper and spray the handles, then I already have it booked to get a stage 1 detail and ceramic coating, so should be looking mint not long after lockdown. Still looking for a good Indy near Derby/Hampshire for after lockdown too.

Post #598611 Wed May 06 2020 9:51am
andyslandy

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Tonga Green

How far from Wirksworth are you as DLS on Water Lane are very good and are a Land Rover Indi., used them a few times myself when my local Indi was booked up solid (Cavendish Motors on Storforth Lane Industrial Estate in Hasland). Hope this helps i some way, regards Andy.

Post #598619 Wed May 06 2020 12:42pm
Gingerg978

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

[quote="Brit Plumber"]

Cheap mods could be colour coded door handles from Powerful UK (If they have the colour).

Like BritPlumber I second Powerful UK, also check out their YouTube channel, loads of great little videos on "How To", worth a watch. 2014MY RRS SDV6 HSE Black Stealth with 22" Black alloys - LOVE IT (Now wrapped in 3M Satin Dark Grey)

Post #598620 Wed May 06 2020 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>