RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > FBH Reset Tool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Simon58

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Galway Green
FBH Reset Tool

Hello has anyone got a reset tool for the FBH lock out (or now of somewhere to take it too) near Swindon Wiltshire, have been guilty of letting the fuel light coming on too many times - Needed it to work this morning and alas it didn't

Also thinking of getting one of those timers fitted, Bodsy do you ever get Swindon way?

thanks

Simon About to get into a sport

Post #444519 Sat Dec 06 2014 6:25pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

May be shot down in flames here but I think the FBH does not lock out permanently after a certain number of low fuel incidents (urban myth).

Have looked in the workshp manual and such behaviour is not mentioned- only that it locks out until the fuel level is restored. It is more likely being switched off by the battery management system if your battery is a bit low on charge or it is just clogged up following a long period of not being fired up. Fill up with fuel and charge the battery and you may find it starts working.

If still no smoke then a diagnostic computer can be used to initiate a purge which should get it going. I have seen a work around described on the forum somewhere using a home made loom to fire it up but you'll have to search around a bit to find it. Bodsy will probably be along in a minute to provide a better answer! 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #444534 Sat Dec 06 2014 9:56pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

The heater will not attempt to run if the fuel level is too low Thumbs Up

providing there are no other issues, it should fire itself up when you refuel

Post #444535 Sat Dec 06 2014 10:07pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Simon, what year Sport do you have? Fill your profile in and will help take the guesswork out of the questions Whistle Laughing Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #444537 Sat Dec 06 2014 10:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simon58

Many thanks gentlemen I will refuel it tomorrow and see what happens

Bodsy thought I had done my profile - will get onto to right away - its a 2008 HSE 2.7 TDV6 About to get into a sport

Post #444607 Sun Dec 07 2014 10:16pm
Simon58

Filled with fuel last night, 2 degrees this morning started the car up, could hear a clicking coming from the FBH but nothing further than that Big Cry About to get into a sport

Post #444759 Tue Dec 09 2014 12:49pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

A couple of winters ago I had the very same issue, I fixed it on a very cold morning by starting the car, waiting for the FBH to kick in, around a minute, and then turning the car off again, I waited 5 minutes for all the huffing and puffing to stop, and then repeated the procedure, I did this around 15 times untill the FBH finally ran on its own, you should know if you are getting close to success as the FBH generates a lot of smoke before finally kicking into life 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #444883 Wed Dec 10 2014 10:14am
Simon58

Thanks shakeapaw booked in tomorrow with my local webesto agent to get it looked at.

cheers

Simon About to get into a sport

Post #444895 Wed Dec 10 2014 11:00am
Mister B

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Do all RRS have the FBH fitted or is it an option, Can't hear anything happening or see any smoke on mine Big Cry

Post #444951 Wed Dec 10 2014 7:34pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Your year will have one, yes.

Probably needs purging and force starting. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #444955 Wed Dec 10 2014 7:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mister B

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Ah, so is purging and force starting as per shakepaw's post, will i hear it sat in the car or only outside. Questions Questions Rolling Eyes

Post #444956 Wed Dec 10 2014 7:54pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Paddi wrote:
May be shot down in flames here but I think the FBH does not lock out permanently after a certain number of low fuel incidents (urban myth).

Agreed. There is a lock out mode but it is for more serious issues (thought I'd include it here for the reference of others without the manual):

Quote:
Diagnostics
The control module monitors the FFBH system for faults. Any faults detected are stored in a volatile memory in the control
module, which can be interrogated by T4 via the medium speed CAN bus. A maximum of three faults and associated freeze frame
data can be stored at any one time. If a further fault is detected, the oldest fault is overwritten by the new fault.
The control module also incorporates an error lockout mode of operation that inhibits operation to prevent serious faults from
causing further damage to the system. In the error lockout mode, the control module immediately stops the auxiliary fuel pump,
and stops the combustion air fan and circulation pump after a cool down time of approximately 2 minutes. Error lockout occurs for
start sequence failures, combustion flameouts, heat exchanger casing overheat and if battery voltage is out of limits. The error
lockout mode can be cleared using T4, or by disconnecting the battery power supply (connector C0926) for a minimum of 10
seconds.

Start Failure and Flameout: If a start sequence fails to establish combustion, or a flameout occurs after combustion is
established, the control module immediately initiates another start sequence. The start failure or flameout is also recorded by an
event timer in the control module. The event timer is increased by one after each start failure or flameout, and decreased by one
if a subsequent start is successful. If the event timer increases to three (over any number of drive cycles), the control module
enters the error lockout mode.

Heat Exchanger Casing Overheat: To protect the system from excessive temperatures, the control module enters the error
lockout mode if the heat exchanger coolant temperature exceeds 125 °C (257 °F).

Battery Voltage Limits: 10.25 - 15.5 volts.
 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #444980 Thu Dec 11 2014 12:28am
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thumbs Up

Pleased to find my FBH is kicking in on cue. No noise, no smoke and just a faint whiff of that kerosene odour Smile 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #445002 Thu Dec 11 2014 11:36am
Simon58

Had the heater reset this morning by local webasto dealer, he told me that it was locked out and had a few codes, every thing looks good now, he said 'as the car is hot, the heater would not kick in so check in the morning and see what happens, if it does not work come in tomorrow morning' so we will see! About to get into a sport

Post #445003 Thu Dec 11 2014 11:38am
Simon58

Censored its too warm to see if the lock out has been fixed! About to get into a sport

Post #445080 Fri Dec 12 2014 8:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>