RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Multipurpose vehicle for holidays, greenlaning and hunting?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kjmeijer

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Galway Green
Multipurpose vehicle for holidays, greenlaning and hunting?

I have a 2016 Defender 90 (2-seater) which I will never sell and have been looking at a nice 110 for holidays (Italy, UK, Austria, Norway), camping, greenlaning with kids, hunting trips to Germany, Hungary and so on. Prices are high for a good 110, road taxes are extreme for diesel in The Netherlands and my wife decided she never wants make long trips in a Defender. Big Cry

Some time ago I came across a nice 2010 RR Sport HSE 5.0 V8 (about 103.000 km’s on it) at a very good price. I like the model much more than the rounded newer Laros. It has some scratches but technical it looks very good. I bought it and at the moment we are in the Marche (Italy). The car drives superb, fuel consumption is acceptable and my wife & the boys love it.

Maybe this could be (or become) the multi purpose vehicle I was looking for. However I think I have to make some modifications, first one is to make it as reliable as possible (to avoid discussions when stranded on the way to our holiday Wink ). I think the weakest points are suspension struts, compressor and timing belt? Do you have any advice on preventive modifications to make?

I have just put some Vredestein Quattrac 5 allseason tires (255/45R20) on the car but after driving on some very bad tracks in the Marche I think I should have choosen for 255/55R20 tires. Any thoughts? Snowflake symbol should be on them because of winter driving in Germany.

I have found the underbody protection from Almont4wd in Spain. Looks good but I am not yet sure if I would need it for greenlaning and driving in woods during hunting in Germany and Hungary.

A good boot protection would also be good for the dogs, game and muddy clothes.

Well I have a lot more ideas and questions but this is a start. Very Happy

Post #584500 Fri Jul 26 2019 3:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1