RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2015 RRS Blank Entertainment screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

eazy

United Kingdom 

Right guys quick update.. the saga continues.

Agreed for land rover morrisions in stirling to replace my full head unit (nav screen etc) at a cost of £1800 including labour. Had the car back after 2 days everything was working fine as I assumed (rev cam, parking sensors radio etc.) I took the car a drive for the first time after about 6 days of having it back and was playing with the screen settings and reliased that the whole left hand side of the screen from the back button (return button) right down the left side nothing was responsive or had any feedback. The right hand side was working fine. I called LR to tell them about the situation and told me they couldn't get me booked in until two weeks later due to no courtesy cars available.

Dropped the car off this morning to LR and called for a update and was told that they were running a software update on the car and if that hadn't worked one of the "lads" had noticed a small line in the pixels near the return button. So tomorrow they will have to remove the casing and check to see that there hasn't been any damage. Automatically I knew these guys were insinuating that we had damaged the screen for this to happen and were probably going to try get out of replacing it or charge us for a new one again.

I ended up driving there because as soon as I heard that I had kind of lost the plot, ended up speaking to the service manager who told me he didn't "mention" that I had to pay for a new screen but they wanted to see if there was any damage.

I also asked where my old head unit had went to because I had paid £1800 for a new screen but didn't receive my old head unit back? He told me that they send them back to land rover for testing and refurbishment????? I was not asked if they could keep the old product or told they would be refurbishing it so has anyone had this issue with land rover and is that what they do?? because I was going to take it back and sell it to recover some costs!

Post #585888 Mon Aug 26 2019 6:53pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I would be asking why, if they do a refurb, they never offered you one as an exchange unit! After all, there are part numbers for refurb units.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new unit is a superseded part number as yours will be obsolete. If that’s the case, there will be other updates required to some modules for it to work. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #585891 Mon Aug 26 2019 7:39pm
eazy

United Kingdom 

Hi, shouldn't they have given me the old head unit back? after all I did purchase a brand new unit from them and paid for the work.. The old one is still mine right?

Post #585892 Mon Aug 26 2019 7:43pm
rover75

Denmark 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

They are taking the P. Somehow they figured out you're made of money- sad.

You have already paid over the top for the repair, so they better sort it quickly, God I hate Dealers, thieving bstds, and they aren't all clever, rely on LR equipment at a huge exepence.

When I rarely go to mechanic, local £50 hour incl. vat, I place a box in car for all old bits, all every nut and bolt.

If you didn't say you wanted old bits, they are likely gone, but very suspicious that they sell you a new non funtioning unit and send old one for refurb???

Can't really help with other than sympathy Confused

Post #585901 Mon Aug 26 2019 11:28pm
eazy

United Kingdom 

I have their courtesay car a 2019 jaguar xe r line, they booked me in for Monday Tuesday with it and told me they need it back for Wednesday as its booked in for another customer. They have been told the car wont be returning until my range rover is fixed and I wont be paying a single penny towards the repair.

Post #585904 Tue Aug 27 2019 1:22am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

If the garage haven’t got another courtesy car, they should be hiring one for you (or the other party). 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #585970 Wed Aug 28 2019 4:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12