RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Creaks from the rear .. suspension? Tailgate?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

aaronjb

United Kingdom 
Creaks from the rear .. suspension? Tailgate?

My new-to-me 2010 TDV8 seems to be rapidly gaining creaks that weren't apparent on the test drive.. ho hum. Anyway, I've identified a few:

Clunk under braking & wooly steering - likely worn front suspension bushes (these symptoms I know from the Vauxhall Omega I had in the past and BMW 650)
Creaks from the front - likely anti-roll bar bushes

But I also have a creak from the rear that is only really apparent when the rear 'comes down' off a speed hump. It sounds, for all the world, like rubber against metal - that sort of squeaky creak - and sounds like it's right behind me.. are the (split) tailgates known for creaking? I didn't see anything obvious when searching, but mostly I turned up threads about the dynamic roll bar clunking and suspension bushes.. maybe it's rear bushes, but it sounds 'in' the cabin rather than outside..

Any common faults folks can think of to narrow down my search? Smile

Thanks!
Aaron

Post #583705 Mon Jul 08 2019 8:26am
aaronjb

United Kingdom 

Replying to myself because I can..

Did the round trip to work again yesterday (~180 miles) and at the end of the journey I definitely have some additional creaks, so I suspect those are the ARB bushes.

But there's still a squeaky rubbery creak that sounds like it's in the cabin, at the back, rather than under the car .. any suggestions? 2014 BMW 530d Touring, 2006 BMW 650i, 2018 Mini Cooper S

Post #583760 Wed Jul 10 2019 7:29am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

My tailgate doesn't creak at all, in fact the whole car seems well put together (mechanically maybe not so much). I don't recall many posts about interior trim issues but I agree it is something likely to get on your nerves. I can't help other than to suggest getting in the back of the car while someone else is driving to replicate it for you.

Post #583761 Wed Jul 10 2019 7:57am
Duc750

United Kingdom 

our rear load cover creaks like a creaky thing thats never been oiled - worth removing that first and going for a drive 2012 SDV6 HSE (technically its hers)
2000 D2 TD5 - definitely mine
2005 D3 V8
Metalian Camper trailer for adventures

Post #583764 Wed Jul 10 2019 8:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1