RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Considering this as an upgrade, your thoughts please.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Stand Easy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks for the tips RRSTDV8, how do I check the headlight issue as I’ve no experience of this, same with the dynamic bits and cruise ?
Thanks

Post #582778 Fri Jun 21 2019 6:25am
Stand Easy

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Stand Easy wrote:

I've since found this 2010 plate with 1 owner, full history and 71k, can I get your thoughts on it again. I've had a test drive and all was good with it Thumbs Up
https://www.scarsltd.co.uk/detail/566902/u...tic-oldham

If it is genuine 1 owner and FSH then that's a better bet. Mentions adaptive cruise control. That would have been an option. Make sure it works. If it doesn't, it stops cruise control working at all. Can be switched to normal cruise with an IID Tool or similar so not the end of the world. Also mentions adaptive headlights. These are great but make sure they work properly and don't point down at the floor. If they do, a whole new headlight is probably required.

Check to see if it has dynamic response (hydraulic antiroll bars) fitted. Also, see if it has dynamic mode on the Terrain Response dial. These are different things and both worth having. You can have the former without the latter but if it has dynamic mode on the dial then it's also going to have dynamic response.

It hasn't got adaptive cruise despite the advert Crying or Very sad However it does have dynamic response, not sure about dynamic mode on the terrain dial however.
It's a genuine 1 owner with 71k on it, taking the Mrs to view it tomorrow and hopefully take the plunge on it.

Post #582806 Fri Jun 21 2019 3:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The icon for Dynamic Mode is the far left icon looking like two back to front S’s (it is meant to look like a stylised bendy dual carriage way.......). It really works well at stopping body roll on twisty roads 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #582818 Fri Jun 21 2019 5:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stand Easy

Thanks Tim I think it does have the dynamic setting on the dial.

Post #582836 Fri Jun 21 2019 9:39pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Tim is right. Wouldn't be without dynamic. Especially fast cross country roads. Allows the full performance to be exploited especially when in S mode at the same time, which holds gears longer and has better downshifting and brake effevt when you use your brakes.

Post #582880 Sun Jun 23 2019 10:25am
AW8

United Kingdom 

Just factor in the potential coat outlay if the ARC dynamic suspension fails or needs attention. I don't doubt the capability of same but I have heard of some big billls sorting ssme.

Post #582920 Mon Jun 24 2019 12:24am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

All bits are expensive on the RRS. As an example you don't have the option not to have 2 turbos on a SDV6. But when they let go its at least 4k to sort as I know from bitter experience. I am not the only one on the forum with that experience. Dynamic can also be costly to repair at around half that. But the flip side is you are much more likely to hear about failures on a forum than non issues or good stuff so that should be factored in.

Post #582930 Mon Jun 24 2019 6:59am
Stand Easy

I've left a deposit on the 2010 3.0TDV6, hopefully pick it up on Monday. Looking forward to the upgrades from the 2.7 especially the interior and the power upgrade. Thanks for your input Thumbs Up

Post #583000 Tue Jun 25 2019 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12