RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Sold] 2012 RRS HSE Lux
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

notty

United Kingdom 
[Sold] 2012 RRS HSE Lux

Selling our Black Range Rover Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux.

It's a late 2012 car with 99,000 miles on the clock.
One previous owner and I've had it for 5 years now having bought it from LR as approved used.
Full (Rovertune) service history along with a new engine courtesy of Land Rover earlier this year(*), FOC. (Yes, a late 2012 car with an exceptionally low milage engine! Very Happy )
Has a full year MOT as of last week with no advisories other than rear tyres ... which have just been replaced as a result. The front tyres being only a few months old themselves. Quality Pirelli all round.
Front brakes and discs are only a few weeks old. Rear pads and discs will need done within 10k miles I'd expect.

As it's a Lux model it comes with all the usual nice extras. Also includes such things as:
Luxury carpet mats; tow bar and electrics; rear boot liner; roof rails and bars; factory privacy windows; top-end HK audio with HDD; extended leather; etc.
It's currently on rather nice 20" Overfinch wheels with the original 5 spoke ones still available having had winter tyres fitted.

I've only used ever used the tow bar to mount a bike rack and the roof rails have been invaluable for the family trips to France. It has been an excellent car for all of us.

Car drives well, took all five of us to and from the Alps this winter and is in overall good mechanical condition. Suspension rises and lowers quickly. Everything just works. Bodywork is pretty good with the usual few small scrapes for a car of this age... they're all small enough that we've ever bothered fixing them.

Selling as we're getting a FFRR in the near future.

Really surprised to see the range in prices for our cars.
I'm advertising here on the forum first for a week or so at a lower price than I'll be using on autotrader, mainly because I'm after a quicker sale to an enthusiast and that I've bought and sold most of my cars over the years via forums with great success.
So, without further ado, I'm looking to get £15,000 to include the roofbars and the winter tyres and wheels.
Updated price of £12,500; Winter tyres/rims an extra £500; A 12 month warranty available for £833.

Based in NE.Hants.

p.s. As I'm a long-term lurker with few posts here I've paid for an ad (receipt 190616-264) to stay legit. Smile

(*) It's actually a 2nd(!) new engine from LR due to the original replacement not working as it should. This one does. See my other threads on the forum for details.

Photos taken only today:

Click image to enlarge

Photos taken late last year:

Last edited by notty on Fri Sep 20 2019 8:44pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #582558 Sun Jun 16 2019 11:33pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Left this a few days and not had a huge amount of interest here. Confused
Maybe people on a RRS forum don't always want to buy one.

Before I do the whole autotrader thing, do people think the car is a) in demand, and b) at a reasonable price?

After looking about and seeing the rate of adverts coming and going on autotrader, I'd thought that the car was indeed in demand and at a decent price... but willing to be corrected.

Post #582714 Thu Jun 20 2019 11:09am
Duc750

United Kingdom 

Having recently bought a 2012 RRS I think you might struggle at that price - rightly or wrongly most people seem to be buying on two factors , mileage and warranty - we were buying on both and paid more than you're asking for yours but it was back in the dealer for the price difference worth of work within 3 weeks. So if you have any warranty thats transferable then mention that in the add.
Thats purely gut feel and it looks a lovely car and I wish you every success with the sale - for the record I have no wish to see it go for less than that price because of what it means for the price of ours. Have a bump anyway 2012 SDV6 HSE (technically its hers)
2000 D2 TD5 - definitely mine
2005 D3 V8
Metalian Camper trailer for adventures

Post #582715 Thu Jun 20 2019 11:23am
notty

United Kingdom 

Really good feedback, thanks. Thumbs Up

I was considering adding a transferable warranty when I put it on autotrader, it's less than £1k to do after all, but I thought I'd advertise it here first without. I figured that most on here know the risks involved with these cars and many are probably willing to take the risk without the warranty... but I may have be wrong!

Found a rather nice FFRR that I'm seeing at the weekend, so there may be a sharp reduction in price straight after.
Stay tuned. Smile

Post #582767 Thu Jun 20 2019 10:45pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Ok, so we've found a FFRR we like, so we're looking for a quicker sale.

Thus I'm reducing the (forum) price to £12500.

I can add in a set of winters tyres and rims for £500.
I can add a 12 month WarrantyWise (£250 excess, £5k limit) for only £833.

Autotrader awaits midweek.
Grab yourself a bargain. Smile

Post #582918 Sun Jun 23 2019 10:44pm
SvenGB

United Kingdom 

How did you get on with this mate? Is it still available? Sounds like a great car!

Post #583494 Wed Jul 03 2019 10:47pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Quote:
How did you get on with this mate? Is it still available? Sounds like a great car!

Couple of enquiries, but car is still available.

The specific FFRR we saw and went, so there isn't as much rush.
Have been away with work so haven't gotten around to doing the auto trader thing yet and it's been very sunny and the car looks so good glistening in the sun ... it's frankly quite hard for me to bring myself to sell it as I still love it. Yeh, I should push the autotrader button soon or I'll convince myself to keep it forever...!

Post #583507 Thu Jul 04 2019 9:30am
SvenGB

United Kingdom 

Ive sent you a PM mate

Post #583538 Thu Jul 04 2019 6:26pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Just put a deposit down on a new car, so resurrecting this thread.

Car details all the same except for a few more miles due to some summer camping trips. Smile
Mileage now sits just over the 100k mark.

Open to forum offers.
Grab yourself a bargain!

Paul

Post #586098 Fri Aug 30 2019 5:40pm
Sit

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Just reading through the ad and wanted to check something - it says 99k but is on its third engine, so I am assuming the mileage of the overall car is 99k but the actual engine mileage should be far lower - have I got this right??

Si

Post #586355 Wed Sep 04 2019 7:32pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Exactly right. 😃
First engine had a problem with the oil pump impeller at 64k miles within my approved warranty period. Replaced FOC by LR.
Second engine developed a problem (top end clatter) at around 27k ... and, to their credit, LR replaced the whole engine FOC.

So, car reads just over 100k now, but the engine has done around 8k miles after it was replaced in April this year.

Yeh, quite a bargain really.

New car arriving Friday, so make me an offer? Smile

Paul

**edited after I checked the details - new engine has done less than 10k miles and replaced in April this year!!**

Post #586356 Wed Sep 04 2019 8:11pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Autotrader advert now live. Not sure I'm able/allowed to link it here, but you're not daft.
Priced very competitively at £11,500 for a quick sale.

Sad to see her go ... but it helps that I'm writing this from the train as I go and pick up my new 2015 L405, so staying within the extended family. Smile

Post #586422 Thu Sep 05 2019 8:03pm
What's in the fridge?

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Would you be interested in selling the original wheels/winter tyres separately? If so what size/tyres, condition etc?
GLWS Thumbs Up 2008 TDV8 Buckingham Blue- SOLD

Post #586591 Mon Sep 09 2019 12:25pm
notty

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Would you be interested in selling the original wheels/winter tyres separately? If so what size/tyres, condition etc?

To be decided... have an interested party, but should know over the next 2-3 days.

Spec: They're the original wheels the car came with with a decent amount of tread left. Once I know about the "all inclusive" sale, I'll post more details here.

Post #586604 Mon Sep 09 2019 3:44pm
What's in the fridge?

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Thumbs Up

Are you enjoying the new full fat version? 2008 TDV8 Buckingham Blue- SOLD

Post #586605 Mon Sep 09 2019 3:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>