RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Aldi 'Auto XS' Waterless wash, wax and detail spray!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Supercharged HST

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black
Aldi 'Auto XS' Waterless wash, wax and detail spray!

Hi All
I have been into detailing my cars for around 15 years. There are few things better than driving a lovely car which has just been washed, clayed, polished to a brilliant shine!

(Using a ROB is a recommended step when paint correcting)

Well, how best to upkeep this shine I hear many ask. Well, I over the years have used various "detail sprays". Some have been really good while others have been mediocre. I have around 15 spray bottles of various detail sprays in my garage- the mediocre ones I use on my alloy wheels and door shuts.
Anyway, I have always seen this detail XS detail spray at Aldi but on a recent visit, I decided to buy it. For a 750ml bottle, it cost just £2.99.

I arrived home after my purchase and decided to give it a try on my newly purchased 2008 Range Rover Sport. Wow! I am so impressed with this product. I would say it compares to (if not better) than the many well-known brands of detail spray out there - believe me when I say I have tried many of them - costing up to £25 per spray bottle searching for the ultimate shine!

Considering that I use detail spray very often (during spring, summer and early autumn) I can get through it quite quickly. So it can be quite costly. My RRS won't fit in the garage so I purchased this a car cover to protect it. I don't drive my RRS or Brabus SL in the rain at all! So, before I drive my RRS when I take the cover of the spray and wipe each panel before I go out. At the end of the day and before I put the car cover back on for it to go to sleep, I wash off they days dust and grime using my pressure washer (making sure I don't put the hose too close to the body or wheels) I then drive it around the block to get the excess water off, then use my Aldi XS waterless wash & wax. Brilliant shine! It works amazingly on the glass too!

I highly recommend this product as it works really well and represents great value for money. RRS Supercharged Genuine HST

Last edited by Supercharged HST on Sat Jun 08 2019 12:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #582018 Sat Jun 08 2019 11:51am
Supercharged HST

After my quick detail ending with Aldi XS

RRS Supercharged Genuine HST

Post #582019 Sat Jun 08 2019 12:01pm
DEVON

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Lovely looking HST
but excuse my ignorance, what’s a ROB ?

Post #582024 Sat Jun 08 2019 3:11pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I’ve just purchased this but haven’t used it yet,I’ve never been one for waterless wash but my eldest daughter gets married in August & im travelling to the Tamworth area on the morning of the wedding & when shei found out I had a white sport I’ve got roped into taking her from church to the reception & I’m not going to get time to give it a good proper wash so this will have to do when I there it gets great reviews on detailing world.
 Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #582026 Sat Jun 08 2019 3:41pm
Supercharged HST

DEVON wrote:
Lovely looking HST
Random Orbital Buffer. RRS Supercharged Genuine HST

Post #582027 Sat Jun 08 2019 3:53pm
Supercharged HST

Spent some more time on it today - roll on Aldi XS!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #582028 Sat Jun 08 2019 3:59pm
Supercharged HST

Tyrefitter wrote:
I’ve just purchased this but haven’t used it yet,I’ve never been one for waterless wash but my eldest daughter gets married in August & im travelling to the Tamworth area on the morning of the wedding & when she found out I had a white sport I’ve got roped into taking her from church to the reception & I’m not going to get time to give it a good proper wash so this will have to do when I there it gets great reviews on detailing world.
I don't believe in waterless washes either. I don't use it as a waterless wash, I just use it as a detail spray to keep the wax and shine topped up. RRS Supercharged Genuine HST

Post #582029 Sat Jun 08 2019 4:02pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I use maguires fast finish as I find it better than a qd & gives a nice shine. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #582030 Sat Jun 08 2019 4:28pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Just been to Aldi but couldn’t see anything to do with car cleaning? I asked someone working there but they looked at me as if I had spoken to them in a foreign language.........

Jim

Post #582031 Sat Jun 08 2019 4:39pm
DEVON

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Supercharged HST wrote:
DEVON wrote:
Lovely looking HST
Random Orbital Buffer.

I take it that’s the same as a DA polisher ?
On the plus side , my local Aldi has boxes full of the XS , so going to give it a try Thumbs Up

Post #582039 Sat Jun 08 2019 8:04pm
Supercharged HST

Yes indeed, DA and ROB are likely the same. What I use is labelled as a Random orbital buffer. Please give the Aldi XS a try as I would love to hear what others think about it. I use it as a quick detailer/detail spray. I found the results to be very impressive. RRS Supercharged Genuine HST

Post #582059 Sun Jun 09 2019 7:14am
Supercharged HST

jim4244 wrote:
Just been to Aldi but couldn’t see anything to do with car cleaning? I asked someone working there but they looked at me as if I had spoken to them in a foreign language.........

Jim
Hey Jim. I have just taken some pictures. I hope this helps.

Post #582074 Sun Jun 09 2019 9:03am
Supercharged HST

Maguires ultra fast finish is good but it costs around £25 per bottle, or there's the Maguires waterless wash and wax (equivalent to the Aldi XS) costing £22, but the Aldi XS costs only £2.99.

All I am trying to say is that as a quick detailed the Aldi XS is extremely good, especially since it also costs just £2.99. Don't be put of by the fact it is labelled Aldi. I am sure that Aldi don't actually make it. It is most likely made by a branded company who bottle under their own brand name.

I have found that when it comes to QDs some companies rebrand the same product but labelled for different usages - such as Detail spray, Quick Detailer, Waterless Wash & Wax, Spray on Shine, Spray on Wax, Fast Finish, Ultimate Fast Finish....and more variants. I find that Maguires is one of the worst for variants of the same products with slightly different names. Yes, they are different - but often only slightly. Before you look, you have a whole shelf full of much of the same products after spending a lot of money.

Some of you will disagree - I get that. I am only going by my experience having spent £1000's on cleaning products over many years.

Over 35 years ago I used to use Autoglym super resin polish. During those years Autoglym was only available through the post (from Autoglym) from adverts in car magazines or at car shows.

Anyways, I have been "detailing" my cars as a hobby, spending morning till night on them. I am no expert but I have used many cleaning products out there, of which several have been a total waste of money - overpriced. RRS Supercharged Genuine HST

Post #582077 Sun Jun 09 2019 9:38am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Aldi 'Auto XS' Waterless wash, wax and detail spray!

Supercharged HST wrote:
My RRS won't fit in the garage so I purchased this a car cover to protect it. I don't drive my RRS or Brabus SL in the rain at all! So, before I drive my RRS when I take the cover of the spray and wipe each panel before I go out. At the end of the day and before I put the car cover back on for it to go to sleep, I wash off they days dust and grime using my pressure washer (making sure I don't put the hose too close to the body or wheels) I then drive it around the block to get the excess water off, then use my Aldi XS waterless wash & wax.

You do all of that every time you drive the vehicle? Shocked

And you don't drive it or your other car in the rain? Do you walk instead or do you have a "rain car"? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #582082 Sun Jun 09 2019 10:28am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Although my car is ceramic coated with Gtechniq, I usually go round it with Meguirs Last touch spray after washing. Can do the whole car in less than 10 mins. None of the white deposits left by lots of other polishes, which is a nightmare from me. Big Cry Does the Aldi stuff leave any deposits, cos for £2.99 its worth a try Thumbs Up

Post #582102 Sun Jun 09 2019 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>