RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Thumbs up for MMP Landrover Dundee & Gearbox flush
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PC76

United Kingdom 
Thumbs up for MMP Landrover Dundee & Gearbox flush

Well i met Mike (Disco_Mikey) for the first time yesterday and i can say i was very impressed with both himself and his quality of work. He had two vehicles on ramps with the body's and chassis split one being his own engine swap project and a customers. The quality of work and attention to detail was second to none!

I was there for my gearbox to be flushed as my RRS has now covered 118K miles with no record of the gearbox ever being serviced. i had no issues with it but was more of preventative maintenance than cure. it had very pronounced gear changes, not notchy or clunky but you could defiantly feel it changing gear.

On connecting the machine up and looking at the existing oil through the display window (it shows the new oil going in and the old coming out in two separate tubes behind a clear window) as expected it was as black as a blackhole. i didn't notice the amount of oil that was flushed but at the end both of the tubes were showing as a clear transparent fluid. The whole process only took 20 mins from removing the protective cover and attaching the feed and return pipes to the oil cooler, to bolting the cover back on.

Now for the 300 mile journey home... i now can't feel the gear changes only noting the engine revs drop to mark the change, smooth is an understatement! even when accelerating from standstill to join moving traffic at 50mph the changes were hardly noticeable.

In conclusion, money well spent!

Post #581668 Fri May 31 2019 7:26am
Gjlatz

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Siberian Silver

Thank you for the posting your experience and outcome of your gearbox flush. I will be getting my box flushed for preventative maintenance. I have slightly noticeable gear changes.

Regards

Garry

Post #581669 Fri May 31 2019 7:48am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

For reference, the 6 speed boxes are flushed with 12.5 litres of new oil, another litre added as its easier to let the machine top the gearbox back up, then a final level check Thumbs Up

While this wasn't your gearbox, this is a typical flush

Post #581700 Fri May 31 2019 7:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1