RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE vs Porsche Cayenne
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BobtheBuilder

United Kingdom 
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE vs Porsche Cayenne

I have just joined this forum, and kindly seek some help. I am about to re-order either a RRS 3.0 HSE or Porsche Cayenne, but am finding it very difficult to choose. I had a 2010 RRS HSE Bali Blue from new, and opted for the same again in Velocity Blue with Guy Salmon in November 2018, but they have made a complete mess of the delivery having not used all my contacts to inform me that the car was now ready, so I was unaware. Long story, but Guy Salmon decided to paint the roof and wheels of my car black, and without my knowledge and despite holding £14,500 of my money. That were about to put it on general sale when I saw a mail in my junk box advising me that my car had arrived. Disgraceful, and too long a story to go into now. The result is JLR will make me a replacement, but I am again considering the Cayenne through Porsche Solihull, who have given me excellent service in specifying the vehicle of my choice. The vehicles are close on spec, and I am not a speed merchant, and the RRS seems a little more comfortable, but the Porsche appears to have better reliability reports and better residual values. Can anyone help to give me a perspective in this.

Post #581800 Mon Jun 03 2019 1:47pm
Pelyma

England 

I think you'll only get one answer on a RRS forum! I went to Porsche to get away from crap dealers and the crank issue. If you want to use it off road then it has to be the RRS, on road then you take your pick but I'm very pleased I went the route I did. Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #581802 Mon Jun 03 2019 2:27pm
BobtheBuilder

United Kingdom 

Thanks, and I guessed that this Forum would be pro RRS, but it is a dilemma, and it maybe that someone has experience of both. I am not interested in off road, just comfort and reliability, and it is probably a case of you pay your money and take your chance.

Post #581803 Mon Jun 03 2019 2:37pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you don't need the off road ability, the Porsche is likely the better bet. Not least because LR's dealers are rubbish. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #581804 Mon Jun 03 2019 3:50pm
BobtheBuilder

United Kingdom 

Thanks, and I agree about the Dealers. Guy Salmon Stratford are worse than useless, showing a distasteful arrogance and a complete disrespect for a customer who is intending to drop £75k in their till.

Post #581806 Mon Jun 03 2019 4:02pm
Puslinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

A good friend of mine back in Canada had a MY2016 RRS and just moved to a Cayenne, he will not go back. The service seems to be better at Porsche, even with my 1990 944 they treat you like a customer! 2018 Telsa MS
2012 Range Rover Sport HSE+
1990 Porsche 944
1985 LR 90 Soft top V8

Post #581811 Mon Jun 03 2019 7:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1