RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > EMAIL from LR - New Sat Nav upgrade for up to MY16 cars
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 
EMAIL from LR - New Sat Nav upgrade for up to MY16 cars

So I’ve succumbed to LR’s marketing and ordered this...not the cheapest USB update at c£170

Will update you on how things go.

Prashan

————————————
UPDATE TO GEN 2.1

A new update is now available to purchase for your Land Rover InControl Touch Plus*. Order yours today and stay up to speed with the latest changes.

WHAT'S NEW

ROAD ICON 3,247,052 kilometres of roads

ONE WAY ICON 499,082 one-way streets

TURN ICON 642,947 turn restrictions

STREET SIGN ICON 4,854,061 street names

KEY BENEFITS

- Up-to-date points of interest including petrol stations, ATMs, restaurants, golf courses, theatres, hotels and much more.

- The latest speed limit information to help you stay safely within speed limits.

- Advanced lane guidance to help you move into the appropriate lane with ease as you approach a junction. MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #580197 Fri May 03 2019 7:02pm
Chips

England 

I for one will be interested how you get on . I would of ordered myself but we're fitting a new kitchen at the moment and between that and business repairs I seem to be haemorrhaging money at the moment !
Will it just update the map or also how it operates , I note it mentions speed limits will be updated but mine doesn't seem to tell you the speed limits at present ( something I miss from my Audi ), so would be great if this is a feature the update adds MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #580204 Fri May 03 2019 8:33pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

In the day and age of WAZE and Google Maps why would anyone spend to update the Car's Sat Nav. I have a 2019 Sport and 2019 Evoque but always use WAZE as it is much better...

Post #580207 Fri May 03 2019 9:24pm
Coedlan

United Kingdom 

Also interested in mention of speed limits. Mine doesn’t have sign recognition, which I thought was the strange way that speed limits were identified. If the update adds a current speed limit to the map screen, that would be a great improvement, but after all it should have been there from the outset.

Post #580209 Fri May 03 2019 9:36pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Will keep you all updated. I very much doubt the speed limit feature will appear but let’s see and something to quibble with LR if it doesn’t appear as its in the marketing blurb. Look like I’ll be keeping the car for another 2 years .. hence the investment.
Agree other Nav apps better but car mainly used by my wife who’s heavily reliant on the Nav.

Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #580220 Sat May 04 2019 5:41am
Chips

England 

RRSman wrote:
In the day and age of WAZE and Google Maps why would anyone spend to update the Car's Sat Nav. I have a 2019 Sport and 2019 Evoque but always use WAZE as it is much better...

I agree , had google maps with satellite view in my old Q7 and boy do I miss that , however I just find using your phone for satnav while driving not very safe fiddling with tiny touch screens , the in built one mutes the radio and puts junction up on dashboard .
I tried one of the sat navs on incontrol but it was useless as it kept switching the radio off for voice commands and not putting in back on afterwards , also the incontrol apps are very unreliable to sync at the start of the journey .
To be honest the in built one would be okay if it just had faster response times , it was so handy on the q7 to instantly zoom in and out to see where you where and look for quick diversions when needed , 10 minute job in the rrs ! MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #580229 Sat May 04 2019 7:45am
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Yea I'm definitely interested in this update. I agree the Audi system with Google maps is very good.

But I'm the same can't be bothered to use my phone for sat nav as its too small, no music muted for directions and there is no display ofcourse coming up on the tft display for sat nav directions like it does with the landrover sat nav.

Will speak to my dealer next week about getting this update.

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #580233 Sat May 04 2019 8:31am
Dobby

United Kingdom 

I hate to pee on your barbecue, but this is just a map data update from a 3rd party company. It sadly doesn’t improve the speed or performance of the system. Just gives you accurate road info. It’s ‘Here’ who are the new name of Navteq Maps.

You can get the updates here. https://landrover.navigation.com/en_GB/LandRoverEMEA/GBP

Unless you drive on roads that have changed a lot in the last few years, I’m of the view that 99.999999999% of the update will be pointless. £170 is far too expensive too, imho. MY15.5 HSE
MY13 110
MY87 90 (ex-mod) (for sale)

Post #580272 Sat May 04 2019 8:18pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

You're quite right - and 3 hours to install...that will be fun..unable to use the ICE system whilst this is being done - thankfully can start and stop as long as USB stick is left connected.

Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #580497 Wed May 08 2019 9:44am
Gadgetman

Just updated the sat nav on my MY2017 Hybrid. Downloaded the update overnight onto a USB stick. Took less than 20 mins to install on my commute to work. Yet to test it to see any updated roads. Free of charge as I still have 12 months subscription remaining on the vehicle.

Post #584207 Sat Jul 20 2019 5:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1