RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > I thought Muddy had got rid of his RRS!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I’m just waiting for guy salmon coming back to me with a price on mine against this
https://used.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2927207
As for mpg Tim I’m close to yours,,,,,not

Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #575797 Sun Feb 24 2019 1:50pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Rolling with laughter

Sorry I've not been around for a while - lost the will to read posts now I'm no longer an owner Embarassed

Hope everyone is well who knows me Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #575800 Sun Feb 24 2019 2:08pm
SRE

Spain 

Great to hear that your still above ground Muddy Thumbs Up

You have been missed, no milko banter. Mind you, looks like you have a couple of stand-in's with Tim in his minbin and fkarim in his MX90.

I deserted as well, but not for some electrickery doodah, with a washing machine motor. But, I did stay faithfull to Lode Lane Whistle

Cheers for now
Syd In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #575804 Sun Feb 24 2019 3:29pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

With my low annual mileage, going PHEV almost sounds silly. I just didn’t want to get another diesel for obvious reasons and wasn’t even sure what would happen with petrol in the next few years. My thinking is, and I may be wrong, that electric and hybrid cars will depreciate less in the coming years.

Now that I have one, I actually feel good about the low carbon footprint and enjoying the fact that I haven’t had to put any fuel in yet. It came with a full tank (70 litres) of petrol and after covering 426 miles there is still a quarter tank remaining. This is despite my driveway getting blocked off due to council’s works in the area so I couldn’t charge it for a week. It ran out of electricity and used only petrol for many short, stop/start journeys in heavy traffic. Not too bad for a big and heavy beast whose engine hasn’t been run in yet. The kind of driving I have mostly been doing since getting this car is exactly what results in the worst mpg and isn’t considered good for diesel engines. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #575805 Sun Feb 24 2019 5:12pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My main concern with the idea of PHEV’s is the internal combustion engine’s longevity.......... if I am doing a journey longer than the electric range then after leaving the farm lane I live on I warm up the petrol engine the conventional way and switch off the default electric mode otherwise if I welly it in electric mode the cold petrol engine will cut in at the right rpm to accelerate away from the speed I was doing in electric mode ( the Countryman will let you drive in electric mode up to 82mph!) and to start the engine straight away at 3000/4000 rpm cannot be very good for it either mechanically or thermally. What has surprised me with the Countryman is just how smooth and quiet the little 1.5ltr three cylinder engine is, at high revs it has a nice throaty roar but it isn’t intrusive at all and at low revs in petrol mode it is quieter and smoother than any Sport I have owned, it is so quiet and smooth sometimes I think it has dropped back into electric only mode! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #575806 Sun Feb 24 2019 5:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I've had my PHEV 2.5 years now and covered 25k miles with zero reliability issues Mr. Green

Its so good I'm afraid to change it with my luck Laughing

3rd service due in September 2019 then I will have to decide if I'm paying for service 4 or swapping before - lossing free ved on any replacement is main issue especially with another 2 years warranty remaining Confused

Wish I'd done it years ago and saved myself all the stress I had with my RRSs Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #575812 Sun Feb 24 2019 6:26pm
SRE

Spain 

I just noted the last 3 posts above mine.

I wonder why owners of these electric cars Mr. Green don't have avatars showing how proud they are of their vehicles Whistle Rolling with laughter

Now I hope we don't get any Peeee taking answers/responses Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #576097 Fri Mar 01 2019 9:19am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

They should all change their names to Ernie Laughing Laughing Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #576099 Fri Mar 01 2019 9:25am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

SRE wrote:
I just noted the last 3 posts above mine.

I wonder why owners of these electric cars Mr. Green don't have avatars showing how proud they are of their vehicles Whistle Rolling with laughter

Now I hope we don't get any Peeee taking answers/responses Whistle

Good spot Thumbs Up

I haven't changed mine because this is a Range Rover Sport forum so I have left my last one there. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #576100 Fri Mar 01 2019 9:42am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Me too Fkarim Thumbs Up

Use my last relevant vehicles as avatars on DS, Freel2, Disco and Lexus forums too Cool Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #576108 Fri Mar 01 2019 11:16am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My guess is that we'll all end up down the electric route - its more a question of when rather than if. So its good to hear a bit of an update from you guys who have taken the plunge. So far it sounds encouraging...
My current thinking is that I'll keep my old TDV8 for a bit longer partly because its behaving itself at the moment ( Shocked ) but also because it makes sense (to me anyway) to see what you early adopters feel about the chariots you've gone with and also to see what other manufacturers come up with. Also it will be interesting to see what Mini, Mitsi et al do next. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #576109 Fri Mar 01 2019 11:52am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

This caught my attention https://www.caradvice.com.au/702873/2020-m...hev-range/ Thumbs Up

I am waiting for decent increase in EV range before I consider swapping mine - with another 2.5 years left on warranty I'm prepared to wait - this is the longest I've kept a vehicle apart from Swmbos FL1 Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #576114 Fri Mar 01 2019 12:49pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

We've got ULEZ coming inside N/South Circular in good old Londinium, in 2 years time. Myself & better half have 4 cars between us, 3 of which will be affected. My RRS 2.7 TDV6 will stay in Wales, we'll get rid of her perfectly good 2004 Rav4 with under 50k miles on it and will also have to likely get rid of my cheap old Euro5 XC70 that I use to go up/down to Wales every other weekend. What a bloody waste if you ask me. We'll keep her 4.2 S/C as that will be exempt Rolling with laughter

Will then be forced to buy either a newer petrol (what's the point), a PHEV or an electric. Current odds are on something like a Zoe for town and keep the XC70 the other side of the South Circular until such a time as they ban Euro5 inside M25...

Maybe by then there would be a 4x4 electric with a reliable range of over 350 miles. 600 would be nice so that I can still drive to Donegal without an overnight stay.

I'm all for electric but we need a lot more work on infrastructure and vehicle ability before its suitable for someone like me who quite often does long single journeys.

Post #576120 Fri Mar 01 2019 2:22pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Eaters wrote:
My guess is that we'll all end up down the electric route - its more a question of when rather than if. So its good to hear a bit of an update from you guys who have taken the plunge. So far it sounds encouraging...
My current thinking is that I'll keep my old TDV8 for a bit longer partly because its behaving itself at the moment ( Shocked ) but also because it makes sense (to me anyway) to see what you early adopters feel about the chariots you've gone with and also to see what other manufacturers come up with. Also it will be interesting to see what Mini, Mitsi et al do next.

One other thing I forgot to say ( it almost needs no comment) but of course it still gives me the grin factor when I drive the TDV8. I don't recall specific comments from the electric boys with regard to "fun to drive". Any thoughts? Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #576122 Fri Mar 01 2019 2:26pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You never asked! The Countryman is a big Mini, has more power than any other Mini (including the “hot” Cooper Works version) thanks to the extra 87 horses from the electric motor plus BMW sorted it to handle like a Mini should despite the extra weight of the battery. Not sure about the Outlander or the XC90 but then they, like the Countryman, don’t have Sport in their name and don’t pretend to Sporty either, built more for comfort than on the limit razor sharp handling and i’m Happy with what BMW Mini has blessed it with. Sure it doesn’t handle like an RRS with Dynamic Pack trickery but I never expected to, it’s intended as a city car not a cross country / continent cruiser 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #576124 Fri Mar 01 2019 3:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>