RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Air bag warning light advice !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
Air bag warning light advice !!

Hi to all, my wonderfull air bag warning light keeps illuminating every other journey on the dash, any ideas would be appreciated on this one, thanks in advance Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #445991 Sun Dec 21 2014 1:08pm
B9BS X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Would like advise too as mines been on since for a while Big Cry RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,
BLACK CODE RE-MAPPED, AUTOBIOGRAPHY'D, NEW EXIDE BATTERY, NEW DENSO ALTERNATOR

Post #445992 Sun Dec 21 2014 1:30pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

2 main causes

1: Loose connection in behind airbag.
Generally, if you pop the airbag out the steering wheel, fiddle around with the wires, and refit the airbag, the light will go out. Permanent repair is a new clock spring, but not cheap at £160. Easy enough to diagnose though

2: loose connection under the seats.
1 big connector bolted together under each seat. Very common for pulling wires and breaking connection while the seat moves back and forward, and up and down. Generally, unbolting the connector, and putting it back together will put the light out again. Have seen in the past where the connector has been pushed out of the rear socket, so make sure all connectors are a nice, secure fit before reattaching Thumbs Up

Post #445998 Sun Dec 21 2014 2:05pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

2 main causes

1: Loose connection in behind airbag.
Generally, if you pop the airbag out the steering wheel, fiddle around with the wires, and refit the airbag, the light will go out. Permanent repair is a new clock spring, but not cheap at £160. Easy enough to diagnose though

2: loose connection under the seats.
1 big connector bolted together under each seat. Very common for pulling wires and breaking connection while the seat moves back and forward, and up and down. Generally, unbolting the connector, and putting it back together will put the light out again. Have seen in the past where the connector has been pushed out of the rear socket, so make sure all connectors are a nice, secure fit before reattaching Thumbs Up

Post #445999 Sun Dec 21 2014 2:06pm
Gornal Hills

Thanks for the replies, is it easy to pop the air bag out or am I asking myself too much, also where would I find the clock spring ? Embarassed Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #446003 Sun Dec 21 2014 2:53pm
B9BS X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

As above, is it an easy job? are we able to access the connection by raising it to highest position or do we have to unbolt the seat altogether? RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,
BLACK CODE RE-MAPPED, AUTOBIOGRAPHY'D, NEW EXIDE BATTERY, NEW DENSO ALTERNATOR

Post #446007 Sun Dec 21 2014 3:00pm
Gornal Hills

Forgot to mention or ask, will this affect the safety or the running of my RRS, cheers Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #446016 Sun Dec 21 2014 5:11pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Think there is a video on you tube on how to remove airbag, had to replace my clockspring recently to stop airbag light coming on, was easy enough to do make sure you check all connections as disco mikey says before replacing clockspring

Post #446034 Sun Dec 21 2014 8:15pm
Gornal Hills

Hi, and thanks for that, is the clock spring fitted in to the air bag unit ? I am wondering if I will see the clock Thumbs Up spring if I order the tool for removing the unit. one more question is which seat are these plugs under ? cheers 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #446056 Mon Dec 22 2014 8:56am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

The airbag is really simple to remove, you don't need to spend £20 on the powerful UK tool, just one of those wire coathangers that the dry cleaners favour would be fine.

Wire cutters and a 5mm L at the end would be fine. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I have some clock springs if you are interested Gornal.

In fact I've got one in the car today if you wanted to pop over to M54 J1 today and could show you how to remove the airbag. Thumbs Up

The clock spring is fitted under the airbag and under the steering wheel, so both need to be removed (very straightforward) to swap them out. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #446057 Mon Dec 22 2014 9:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gornal Hills

Hi Bodsy, still at work unfortunately mate so won't be able to make it today, i'll check the plugs out under the seat but if no joy I will take you up on your offer, looks like its going to be the clock spring anyway, thanks again Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #446072 Mon Dec 22 2014 12:29pm
DerrekL

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK, this is officially now driving me insane... I have checked connections under both seats, checked brake switch, still red air bag light is constantly on.

So got someone to check diagnostics via laptop Delphi software version - this version seemed to have my RRS 2007 listed in the software and did print out various codes relating to ABS and SRS systems etc: along with other codes.

The thing with the codes I believe, for example this one C1A96 should also have a two digit number after it i.e. C1A96 - 99 is my assumption correct?

I do have some other codes that he printed out for me if anyone cares to have a go at telling me what they are related to? Thumbs Up RRS 2.7 HSE Stornoway Grey
P38 4.6 HSE V8

Post #506026 Wed Sep 21 2016 7:30pm
pjbracer1

England 
SRS Light after battery swap

HI Guys I have a 2006 RRS SC and all has been fine until the battery died so had a new one fitted and now when I start the system check give one bing and the Airbag light is on.

Ive done a diagnostic and no fault codes found and tried all the tricks here like touching the terminal leads together but none work!

I dont thinks its and issue with the seats or steering as the only thing that has changed is the battery?

Any further ideas much appreciated Im in Southampton if anyone has a better diag system than mine!

Cheers

P

Post #584353 Tue Jul 23 2019 10:25am
pjbracer1

England 

Can anyone help?

Post #584489 Fri Jul 26 2019 7:20am
rover75

Denmark 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

which diagnostic did u use?

if not a proper one, get it done as there will be a fault there can be reset or an actual fault.

You could try with a hard reset first, it's easy and free, but not confident it will sort it.

Someone nearby with diagnostic may be able to help, but if you intend to keep the car, a good diagnostic kit easy make it well worth it.

Post #584497 Fri Jul 26 2019 1:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>