RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > SOAKING FLOOR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

SALMON FISHER

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
SOAKING FLOOR

I went to clean the inside of my RRS yesterday ,i lifted up the mats in the front passenger side and the place was soaking all the carpets right underneath the glove compartment,i phoned LR and they said we have never heard of this before,bring the car in first thing Mon morning has anyone had this problem ,or knows what it might be?? Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #80308 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:26pm
woody

England 

Hi..
I had this in my previous RR.. It was a defective seal on the passenger door. They put it through a kind of car wash to trace the leak and replace the offending seal.. only took them a day for mine, was dry as a bone after that.
No major stress! 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #80312 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Why don't dealers just tell the truth? Evil or Very Mad Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #80313 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Had similar problem with a Porsche 911: it was either the door seal or door membrane (behind door card)leaking rain and soaking right into floorwell carpet? Has it been heavily raining or have you been using a jet wash? Or, is there a perished/loose wiring grommet in the bulkhead, assuming there isn't a simple rubber seal adrift in the floorpan? Confused

Post #80314 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:35pm
SALMON FISHER

Thanks Woody
I hope your right i was thinking all sorts,see what thet say tomorrow
FINGERS CROSSED Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #80315 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:
Why don't dealers just tell the truth? Evil or Very Mad

Martin,

The instructor I had on the LR Experience on Saturday works in LR training dealers tech staff about trouble shooting and fixing known problems, plus he also is responsible for ensuring all information gets to the tech guys hands rather than just being filed on email or hard copy at the dealer - I got the feeling its a challenging job ensuring the dealers take note - I think most of the time they just dont know or cant remember so they respond with a 'not heard that before - please bring it in and we'll take a look' - generic answer to everything

Just thought I'd share that

Kaine

Post #80316 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:36pm
SALMON FISHER

HI BRIAN
We have had a lot of rain up here(thats an understatement)and no i do not jet wash the car. Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #80317 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:39pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Kaine wrote:
The instructor I had on the LR Experience on Saturday works in LR training dealers tech staff about trouble shooting and fixing known problems, plus he also is responsible for ensuring all information gets to the tech guys hands rather than just being filed on email or hard copy at the dealer - I got the feeling its a challenging job ensuring the dealers take note - I think most of the time they just dont know or cant remember so they respond with a 'not heard that before - please bring it in and we'll take a look' - generic answer to everything

Just thought I'd share that

Kaine

Appreciate that, but automatically saying "never heard of that before" seems to be a standard dealer response, rather than "we're very sorry, bring it in and we'll look at it for you as soon as possible"... Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #80319 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:41pm
Brian Mason

SALMON FISHER wrote:
HI BRIAN
We have had a lot of rain up here(thats an understatement)and no i do not jet wash the car.

Yeah, like Woody, I reckon it's a simple seal/membrane problem. See if you can find damp in the carpet just around the door? That'll be a giveaway. Also interesting to hear what Kaine says..., lazy dealers..., never!!? Rolling Eyes

Post #80320 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:43pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Possibly an air conditioning drain tube issue - think this has been seen on the D3 Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #80323 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:51pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:
... that, but automatically saying "never heard of that before" seems to be a standard dealer response, rather than "we're very sorry, bring it in and we'll look at it for you as soon as possible"...

your quite right

Post #80325 Sun Feb 04 2007 7:54pm
Brian Mason

Kaine wrote:
Martin wrote:
... that, but automatically saying "never heard of that before" seems to be a standard dealer response, rather than "we're very sorry, bring it in and we'll look at it for you as soon as possible"...

your quite right

Martin's spot-on with that earlier comment, you too Kaine!

I've just got mine back after 4 days in the Dealer's for numerous warranty issues. Noisy tailgate was one, from which various forum comments pointed the Dealer the right way (tailgate latch repair kit). However, it didn't completely cure the problem and it took further thought and improvisation at home from me to finish the job off (see post).

Also, went in for repetitive "transmission fault, traction reduced" issue at start-up. They had one earlier unsuccessful attempt at fixing by uploading new transission software. This time, they didnt bother and just left it saying (the ubiquitous) "don't know what it is, never heard of it before". Of course, the fault message has already returned!!! Big Cry

Cant be right, can it? Thud

Post #80327 Sun Feb 04 2007 8:28pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Never heard of this before, huh? Rolling Eyes For starters, here is a TSB (LS501-007), over 1 year old, about water collecting in the foot well. For one of these to be issued, I am pretty sure there was must have been at least a couple of cars before yours that had soaked foot wells. Ask your dealer an easier question to start, for example if they have ever heard of Technical Service Bulletins before. If they answer "Yes" (let's hope they do), gently and trying not to sound as if you know more about your car than they do, steer them in the direction of this TSB number. Then ask them again if it's possible someone at their dealership just wasn't paying attention when the bulletin was issued. You gotta take baby steps with some of these idiots, fortunately there are forums like these to help us out.

Quote:
A-pillar Water Leak
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 and up
CONDITION SUMMARY:
WATER INGRESS THROUGH A-PILLAR EXTERIOR TRIM ATTACHMENT HOLES
Situation: A customer may report water in the foot well of the vehicle. Water ingress through the
lower slot in the A-pillar structure, where the exterior trim lower location peg slots into the body, may
be the cause. The customer may also report unexplained illumination of the oil pressure warning
lamp.
Action: If water ingress is confirmed from the A-pillar region on either side of the vehicle, BOTH sides
of the vehicle must be repaired at the same time. Follow the Repair Procedure in this bulletin to
remove the lower location pegs from the A-pillar exterior trim, cover the lower pin attachment slots in
the A-pillar and install the trim using new clips in the special hardware kit available for the repair. .
PARTS:
DHB500430 .............Hardware Kit Qty 1 per vehicle

Post #80374 Mon Feb 05 2007 4:29am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Umbertob thats what i like about this forum there are several people on here who seem to have a superb knowledge of technical data to do with these Sports, and when it comes to dealing with the dealers it makes the process a whole lot easier when they are being a bit thick Thumbs Up some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #80379 Mon Feb 05 2007 9:52am
SALMON FISHER

WHOWW
This forum is truley amazing,you guys know your stuff i would like to thank you all for your information,my RRS goes in tomorrow morning i will mention the TSB
Keep you posted Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #80580 Mon Feb 05 2007 9:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>