Home > In Car Electronics > TST Instrument Cluster Retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: TST Instrument Cluster Retrofit

Laszlo wrote:
Gerd1986 wrote:
So off the back of Buckster's Comment that James on the Disco3 forum had figured out how to install a TFT instrument Cluster, I'm giving it a go....

So far...

Hardware Bought
Instrument Cluster out (This was a pain in the a$$!)
Taken the data off of both EEPROM chips
Sent to James to configure

In the meantime I'm trying to compare the two to see if I can do a test in the morning...this really isn't a simple thing to do by any means. Kudos to James to figuring this out here:

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/range-rover...hlight=Tft

Pictures for those who are interested:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hi,

may I ask you to share with me / us more information about the changes and your version of RRS?

It would be great to know that, what kind of modification made with the wiring, instrument cluster connection and etc.

I am fancy to the get installed an L405 instrument cluster in RRS 2008.

Any advise much appreciated.

MY13 2012 L320 autobiography.

No wiring modifications at all, it's plug and play

Just need to reprogram the chip.
Cut away some bits at the bottom so it fits and away you go.

I'm unsure if it will work in a 2008 but check on the disco forum to see if anyone with a 2008 model has done it.

Post #596184 Sat Mar 07 2020 9:45pm
GeneralSK

Australia 

Hi @Gerd1986, I am new to the RRS family, I am considering retro fitting the cluster in my 2011 Autobiography and would appreciate it greatly if you could assist me by providing a few details on where the ic chips that need reading/ reprogramming are located on the cluster PCBs and what part of the TFT cluster need to be cut off to make it fit? I would have assumed that the housings would be the same if TFT came from a 2011 L320 and being fitted to another L320? As for the actual programming part, is there somebody you can recommend? I am located in Sydney Australia. As help would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the long post but as a newbie here they do not allow PMs until 3 posts in....

Post #624630 Fri Jun 03 2022 5:04pm
GeneralSK

Australia 
Re: TST Instrument Cluster Retrofit

Gerd1986 wrote:
Laszlo wrote:
Gerd1986 wrote:
So off the back of Buckster's Comment that James on the Disco3 forum had figured out how to install a TFT instrument Cluster, I'm giving it a go....

So far...

Hardware Bought
Instrument Cluster out (This was a pain in the a$$!)
Taken the data off of both EEPROM chips
Sent to James to configure

In the meantime I'm trying to compare the two to see if I can do a test in the morning...this really isn't a simple thing to do by any means. Kudos to James to figuring this out here:

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/range-rover...hlight=Tft

Pictures for those who are interested:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hi,

may I ask you to share with me / us more information about the changes and your version of RRS?

It would be great to know that, what kind of modification made with the wiring, instrument cluster connection and etc.

I am fancy to the get installed an L405 instrument cluster in RRS 2008.

Any advise much appreciated.

MY13 2012 L320 autobiography.

No wiring modifications at all, it's plug and play

Just need to reprogram the chip.
Cut away some bits at the bottom so it fits and away you go.

I'm unsure if it will work in a 2008 but check on the disco forum to see if anyone with a 2008 model has done it.

Hi Gerd, I have just bought a TFT cluster with the hope of fitting it into my 2011 RRS Autobiography, could you kindly PM me what physical mods need to be made to the TFT cluster in order to fit it into the car please?

Thanks in advance

Post #624871 Sun Jun 19 2022 3:15pm
GeneralSK

Australia 

Hello gentlemen

I thought I would post these photos and share my experience with upgrading my vehicle. The first mods were the Audio system and AC controls, which TBH were not difficult at all and the instructions supplied ny the seller were very good when coupled with a bit of common sense on my part. Then I came across some videos of people who had retro fitted TFT clusters into their Discoverys and RRS..After reading entire threads (a few times), along with whatever else I could read on other forums in English, I decided to take the plunge and do the dreaded "TFT mod" to my 2011 RRS Autobiography. So thank you to all the thread starters. Being in Australia with time differences made it a little spooky not being able to talk to someone with experience at this in real time, but there was enough information written in this thread and others (along with pictures) that gave me the confidence to spend the day with my son and do this.

As for the actual fitting and programming, it was a little tricky and the hardest part was trimming the cluster to fit.

If you guys are keen to trust yourselves enough to have a go, I would be more than happy to assist, just PM me.

Here are some shots.

Last edited by GeneralSK on Sat Jul 16 2022 10:35am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #625333 Mon Jul 11 2022 9:19am
Crraigymmmmm

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Hi, I saw your post on Disco 3 but havent had a chance to reset my password etc Whistle
I really want to do this but held off buying a cluster until I am comfortable that I fully understand the job. I assume I need to get from a Diesel L322 with less or same mileage so I can adjust to my current miles, I need someone to eprom my cluster and tranfer too. Does the L454 cluster fit? or just the L322 (with trimming etc)

Also mine is a MY12

Post #625340 Mon Jul 11 2022 12:04pm
GeneralSK

Australia 

PM sent

Post #625471 Sat Jul 16 2022 10:36am
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

Well I have bitten the bullet and now have a 2010-12 TFT screen on its way from the US of A and a reader etc coming from China... with a little assistance along the ay hopefully it will all work out nicely Smile

Post #625527 Wed Jul 20 2022 5:05am
sjhwilkes

United States 

Interested to do this on my '11 - am I correct that you need to get hold of a module with a lower mileage than your car? (can be raised but not lowered?)
Anyone in US that can do the programming? Maybe over Zoom? I'm in California.

Post #626007 Mon Aug 08 2022 11:58pm
GeneralSK

Australia 

Hi mate, more than happy to do the programming for ya remotely, just PM me

The mileage does not have to be lower.

Post #626074 Fri Aug 12 2022 7:24am
AndyCHO

Well I have managed to read all the data from my original RRS 2010 dash and successfully load it onto the 2012 TFT RRS dash and even modify (slightly butcher) the support structure underneath the cowl so it all sits in the nicely.
I love the screen and find it to be much easier on the eye than the original.
Now I need to find the CCF settings to change the petrol screen (8000 rpm tacho full scale) to Diesel.
I have CCF files opened up to me from IID but for the life of me I cannot find in there the CCF that has been mentioned earlier on in this thread.
It was specified as Instrument Cluster and 4 variants.. with Variant 2 being the Diesel (I think).
I found Cluster Level but there are only 3 variants and none change the look. There is also Cluster Skins and this showed variant 2 being the Supercharged but there were more than 10 and I didnt want to check all of them.. I checked a few and other than variant 2 nothing seemed to change.

So if anyone has any insight into which one needs to be changed I would really appreciate a heads up on it.

Post #632471 Tue Apr 18 2023 1:08pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

First: I need this in my life.
Second: what are the physical modifications to the L322 cluster that need to be done? What tools have everybody used? Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #632480 Tue Apr 18 2023 2:14pm
AndyCHO

I cant help with number 1 on your list...
Number 2, mostly the changes required on the L322 dash are in the mounting tabs.
The bottom ones dont match up with the L320 and there are 2 "ears" on the L322 on the sides that obviously slide into a matching section behind the dash on that model.
I cut them off as it made it too wide for the opening in the dash. I trimmed a few extra sesctions off the plastic housing on the L322 dash as well... really just sort of fine tuning the fit. There is plenty of info over on https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic175087.html with a bit more on the actual fitting towards the end of the thread. All the trimming was done with surgical precision (not) using a dremel with a plastic cut of wheel.

On another note, I went back through the CCF files this morning and found the one I needed.
It is called Gauge Variant, mine was on Scale 1 and I put it on Scale 2 and it now reads perfectly...

I managed to get this done thanks to the assistance of a couple of people on the Disco3 forum, without them it would have been a much harder job than it was... it still isnt easy, nothing that requires taking a dremel to your dash structure is easy but if you are so inclined give it a go... any info I can help with just shoot me a PM Smile

Post #632490 Wed Apr 19 2023 1:26am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Oh I will, eventually. I have literally zero experience with eproms. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #632491 Wed Apr 19 2023 7:13am
AndyCHO

Either did I , that was the daunting part but ended up being relatively painless.

Post #632492 Wed Apr 19 2023 7:44am
Crraigymmmmm

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Nice work Andy, So can I just source any Digi L322 cluster?
I literally have never touch eprom or anything similar so can you help a numpty to start getting the tools / hardware list needed? I want to be sure I have the right tools and plan before buying a set of clocks as they are obviously fairly expensive. What software do I need?

Post #632493 Wed Apr 19 2023 8:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>