RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR Carbon Edition?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Andy494

United Kingdom 
SVR Carbon Edition?

Hello,

Has anyone taken delivery of a Carbon Edition yet?

Just looking at getting back in an SVR and when specifying full exterior (inc exposed bonnet)/interior carbon and 22” black wheels you’re in the same ball park of a carbon edition which includes these as standard. I see also carbon fibre engine cover is included and a brief mention of unique ‘carbon Edition’ sill plates. The info on Land Rover’s site is minimal and even less in dealerships.

Could anyone elaborate on this or indeed if someone has a carbon Edition would they post a couple of pics of the unique sill plates if I’m indeed right or any other unique bits?

Thanks for any info Thumbs Up

Post #605937 Sun Oct 25 2020 7:49pm
Jjvd21

United States 

I personally don’t know what the difference is in the Carbon Edition because you can option up an SVR to include the same bits. This is the first I’m hearing about carbon sill plates.

Does anyone know the color of the SVR in the Carbon Edition ads? Looks darker than Eiger Grey but don’t see a color on LR website that matches. 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #605965 Mon Oct 26 2020 2:27pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Hey Jjvd21

Here's the link to the UK configurator explaining the differences;

https://buildyour.landrover.co.uk/lr2/r/sp...94_a-svrc/

"Illuminated aluminium treadplates with exclusive SVR Carbon Edition theme"

Is the only item you can't configure a standard SVR to have.

I'm not a big carbon fibre fan personally so I just went for the base model instead, but I hear loads of people spec the carbon fibre pack so I guess it makes sense for them to do this special run-off edition . . .

I'm even glad they allowed you to keep the aluminium bonnet on the slightly revised change, I wasn't a big fan of the air intakes and also when my last SVR carbon fibre bonnet got cracked by a rock it was almost impossible to repair it without a huge bill, so I'm much happier with no carbon fibre but thats just me. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #605969 Mon Oct 26 2020 4:26pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 
Re: SVR Carbon Edition?

https://video.citnow.com/vxpnt3hyWXc

Hi Andy hope the link works SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #605972 Mon Oct 26 2020 7:58pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

Jjvd21,

I’m 100% sure I’ve seen it listed as Eiger grey in land rover’s press release. I am beginning to warm to Eiger the more I see it to be fair.

DangerMouseUK,

Originally I wasn’t fussed by carbon at all but ended up catching the bug! Admittedly the paranoia about protecting the bonnet does exist.

Mark,

Appreciate you posting that, at least that clarifies things. It’s a lovely looking motor- I bet you’re pleased with it.

Post #605976 Mon Oct 26 2020 8:44pm
DangerMouseUK

Mark that is a lovely car !!!

Andy you can't go wrong with whatever SVR you choose

I'd just advise both of you to protect the bonnet somehow with PPF or something, as repairing either natural carbon fibre or painted carbon fibre depending on the damage is a proper ball ache to get right and sometimes impossible.

My last MY19 SVR had the carbon bonnet as standard and it got whacked by a stone, because it went through the protective resin coating and damaged the actual carbon weave underneath it was apparently almost impossible to repair properly without replacing the entire bonnet - if just the resin cracks you can easily repair that as long as the weave below is still ok. Painted gives you another layer on top of the resin as well so not all bad news.

After that it put me off any massive carbon bodywork parts so I just saved myself some money and stuck to an aluminium bonnet, lot easier to repair if I get it damaged!

(Also for both of you - check over the build quality of the carbon bonnet, mine was a bit patchy and I heard that a lot were like that too - hopefully they've fixed them as this was for MY18/MY19 cars . . .) Non JLR Vehicle

Post #605979 Mon Oct 26 2020 10:43pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

thanks for the kind words guys

completely over the moon with it and sure beats my old P400e

DM I hear you with regards to protection and had my new car protection detail and ceramic coating finished yesterday. fingers crossed I will have no issues.

I saw you had some interior quality issues. would you mind sharing as it would be good to check mine over in the same places

cheers SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Post #605997 Tue Oct 27 2020 7:52pm
DangerMouseUK

Hey markymarkf,

Don't really want you to start noticing all the small JLR QC issues that exist as once you see them its hard to ignore them lol, but with that being said here's a few of the highlights;

- Panel gaps can be way out on some cars, just double check everything, most cars are fine
- Wheel alignment - for some reason some cars come out the factory with wheels not aligned properly, no idea there
- Carbon fibre bonnet - check around the vent areas for cracking or fitment issues
- Tailgate + doors - check all the rubber lining firstly that its there and second that its fitted properly
- Roof - check (as well as you can) that all parts of the roof are flush and no bits are randomly sticking up
- Interior - you are going to find trim defects here, from the seat stitching to the steering wheel stitching, to slight embelishments on parts of the leather, how much or how little of that you can live with is up to you, the dealer will, 9 times out of 10, not put it back together as well as it was done in the factory.
- Interior - piano black trim - if you have this trim its probably already scratched from the factory, cleaning it carefully and properly will only temporarily help as it will scratch again soon anyway
- Interior - check all the headlining especially around the pillars for how well it is aligned and fitted
- Interior - sometimes the digital screens are not perfectly aligned and straight
- Interior - noises, check for any tailgate or pano-roof noises - these are normally alignment/lubrication issues and can be sorted relatively easily
- Interior - check for any protective plastic residue in the panels when the doors open leaves a faded mark on the area
- Interior - press all the buttons at least once, to make sure they all click as they should and work, I've had entire sections of buttons dead on arrival before, but again this one is quite rare
- Infotainment - latest is 20B or something + Telematics is 18.2, most of the gremlins have been sorted by now, make sure its on the latest for both before it leaves them

Mine has a few possible issues with the exhaust vales and tailgate area plus loads of small interior QC issues, but again thats part and parcel of a JLR vehicle. You either accept it and buy them or don't and look elsewhere, get bored and eventually come back anyway lol.

Hope that helps!! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606003 Tue Oct 27 2020 8:20pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

DM

Thank you for your input I really appreciate it.

I've already noticed a few of the issues you have mentioned.

Mine is already going back next Wednesday for the tailgate scuffing on the roof when opening. They are also going to sort out the couple of panels that are out of alignment especialy the rear passenger door.

I will do another check over and give them a nice list. some of it I will live with as like you I really don't want them pulling it apart only for it not to go back correctly.

cheers SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #606013 Wed Oct 28 2020 6:51am
DangerMouseUK

Yeah no problem at all and glad you're getting it all sorted!

Just be aware that when the dealers start taking big parts apart they never go back together in quite the same way - there are still some good independants out there and I'm sure a few franchises if you get the right technician assisgned but otherwise yeah, something to bare in mind.

Two tips for dealers;
- Senior Tech; try and insist that your sales person puts a senior tech on the car (and if you trust him leave it there, otherwise ask to see the jobsheet and confirm with service manager they're a long standing senior tech) and stress you're in no rush to get the car back, the longer they can spend on it and the more experience they have, the less chance something will go wrong from my experience.
- Free car clean; unless you specifically know the valets at that franchise are decent, just tell them to skip the exterior and interior valet as it ends up doing more harm than good.

Thanks! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606022 Wed Oct 28 2020 3:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1