Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Enough is now enough
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Enough is now enough

Hi All,

Well, i have come to the day that i never thought would come, the day i decided to rid myself of my Range Rover Sport.
For the last 8years i have enjoyed every single second of owning it, its been a sheer pleasure to drive, but this last 12 months have been like living in hell with it.

I have quite litterally rebuilt this car, replacing every major component possible including suspension, propshafts, diffs, hubs, brakes, dynamic stability control, compressor, radiators, air conditioning, new alloys all round, full bodywork repair and ceramic coating, new windscreen, central locking and new keys, new stereo system etc.

Yet despite all of the above going wrong over the past twelve months, i have religiously made sure that everything was fixed regardless of cost, i have spent in excess of £9k this year on repairs.
Saturday night i popped out to the local shops and bang the car just completely died, for no apparent reason. After investigating with a mechanic it was discovered that the alternator was shorting out and had completely drained my brand new battery....

That is absolutely enough now, car had to be low loader recovered to my house where she now sits dead on the drive.
I have so had enough of fixing this heap of Censored that i cannot bring myself to call the garage (again) to arrange for it be be fixed.

So, today is the day that i leave this group, its been a brilliant place for information and support on everything Range Rover, but i have just got back from the Mercedes dealership and i am now the proud owner of a Mercedes GLE, brand spanking new.
I was holding out for a new Range Rover, but after the long list of trouble with this vehicle i dont think i will ever return to this brand, despite them being the best 4x4.

So long fellow RRsport owners, it's certainly been emotional, but i am now looking forward to totally care free, low cost, stress free motoring with Mercedes. 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #564144 Wed Aug 29 2018 6:31pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Wow sorry for your issues but enjoy the new car Thumbs Up

Post #564145 Wed Aug 29 2018 6:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1