RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Return of Drivers Licence From French Police
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

They do have a percentage tolerance in France the same as the uk and with out being certain I also believe that it is 10% for speedometer inaccuracy. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #559967 Tue Jun 26 2018 6:32pm
HughN

Wales 

Snotty letter to the Daily Telegraph is in order.

An enthusiastic and lingering two-fingered salute from Dover (avec raspberry) or, better still, if your car backfires and the wind is in the right direction they will all surrender.

Rename all branches of Greggs to 'La Pattisserie'

Change your name to Mr Farage Agincourt-Trafalgar in case it happens again.

Learn the phrase "ta mère était un hamster et ton père sentait les baies de sureau" off by heart - it is the secret password of their traffic Police and if you whisper it in the ear of the gendarme, they will embrace you like one of their own, before waving you on your merry way.

Walk around any French town and list the breaches of every food hygiene rule the EU have ever written - monsieur maire will be very grateful.

Buy the box set of 'Allo 'Allo and watch it in two hour lunchbreaks.

Visit the French embassy in London to complain. I believe that letting your dog have a dump on the pavement is the traditional French greeting.

I have utter contempt for most of them - your story hasn't convinced me otherwise!

Post #559979 Tue Jun 26 2018 8:06pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

jimbg wrote:
Violetpiano wrote:
Brit Plumber wrote:
I drive abroad quite a bit with the military. We are advised to buy IDPs for £5.50 at the post office (and we claim it back) and if stopped produce this instead of your U.K. license. You still need to have your U.K. license on you but if they want to confiscate your licence, that’s the one you surrender or have endorsed.

Or just tell the French Police you were in the remain campaign and Brexit is a mistake!!

Brit Plumber, what is an IPD please?

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/international-driving-permit

I had to get one once many years ago to hire a car abroad while my UK licence was away for points to be added.

Thumbs Up Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #559990 Tue Jun 26 2018 8:53pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Godders, Eaters,

Yes, I was also a little surprised at the fine. Here you go. The receipt they gave me. The bits covered are my address and licence number. When I was stopped the officer said I was doing 155kph which I thought was about right. But when I was issued with the fine, another officer said I was estimated to be doing over 50kph above the speed limit. I thought the worse thing I could do was to get into an argument and kept my cool and apologised and took what they were dishing out on the chin. I was travelling with my children and niece and have live with a serious health issue and the last thing I needed was a night in their cell!

Jas

Current RRS: MY18 SVR

Post #559993 Tue Jun 26 2018 9:01pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Don’t get me wrong. I’d probably have done the same. The question is, is there anything you can do about it now? Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #559995 Tue Jun 26 2018 9:19pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Eaters,

I was angry at the time and this morning but to be honest, it is in the past. My only real concern was getting my drivers licence back.

Fook! I just realised. If I am going to boycott the French, does that mean I can't pop open a bottle of champagne when England win the World Cup!!??

Cheers
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR

Post #559996 Tue Jun 26 2018 9:30pm
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

Had this myself a few years ago. 5 cars all doing the same speed and a motorbike came down the outside of us and forced 2 of us in to a car park where we were told you were speeding so have to pay 750 euro and are band from driving in France for 6 months. The other 3 cars were told to leave as they were not speeding.
How can 5 cars traveling at the same speed have 3 cars not speeding and 2 that are ?

I had to pay 750 euros in cash to which I didn't have so was taken to the cash machine to withdraw the balance and had my driving license taken off me and my mate was told he had to drive my car now.

My driving license came back to my home address a month later with a letter saying I had to pay the 750 euros by a set date or I would be taken to court.
Good luck with that as I was back in England and made them give me a prove of payment before I would Hand over the cash.

They were just pulling over cars with English number plates and demanding money.

Robbing French Censored ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #559999 Tue Jun 26 2018 9:46pm
PIG88

United Kingdom 

You were probably unlucky in your choice of weekend to be driving through France - the gendarmes were clearly on the lookout for UK registered speeders: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gendarm...1951d1a113

Post #560005 Tue Jun 26 2018 10:28pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Violetpiano, contact the French and ask for how speed was recorded and proof of this. In the uk you have to say the exact speed you were doing and can ask for proof of this as evidence. If they gave you one figure and then changed it then this stinks and looks and opportunist prick making a name for himself so he can stick his tongue up the arse of his supervisor. I really would request the evidence of speed but unfortunately I don't know the best way how to do this. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #560006 Tue Jun 26 2018 10:36pm
Eaters

Violetpiano wrote:
Eaters,

I was angry at the time and this morning but to be honest, it is in the past. My only real concern was getting my drivers licence back.

Fook! I just realised. If I am going to boycott the French, does that mean I can't pop open a bottle of champagne when England win the World Cup!!??

Cheers
Jas

I see your dilema.

But how 'bout some nice English sparkling wine from Kent or Sussex? Its supposed to be the same soil type and in some blind tastings, even better than the French fizz. That'd really screw them.

This is obviously a salutary lesson for us all when travelling abroad. Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #560008 Wed Jun 27 2018 2:35am
Lyonhead

Wales 

Quite a while ago now, I used to drive a HGV across all of Europe and found that various countries police forces have certain attitudes to U.K. registered vehicles.

I was ALWAYS legal but whenever pulled over by the French, where they referred to me as Mr Johnnie Walker or Mr Embassy, depending on what they were after and when I refused to handover these items the threat of handcuffs and heavy fines I always requested the CRS to be called. Their demeanour used to change immediately and I never paid or handed over anything. The rule is make sure you are always within the law, and front it out.

One example was when driving a hazardous goods tanker and after visiting a weighbridge they tried to inform me that I was overweight on an axle, which obviously I wasn’t. But when refusing to pay a fine and requesting the CRS, even the CRS chap asked the local plod how I was supposed to move the liquid off the axle that was supposedly overweight. Let go with no fine paid.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #560014 Wed Jun 27 2018 8:17am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i'm reading this and thinking sod going to france for a road trip in the S4 last time I was there i was driving back from the Alps and was doing about 130+mph in places on open motorways with no traffic

Post #560017 Wed Jun 27 2018 9:05am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Violetpiano wrote:

Cheers
Jas

There are some very nice English fizzy Campagne type wines if none of the Spanish or Italian ones are available - if you can still get it Russian Great Steppe champagne was excellent and when I was there in the 1970’s cost a pair of Wrangler jeans a bottle......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560023 Wed Jun 27 2018 10:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Get a decent dash-cam with GPS, it will show your true speed. Providing you can view it on your mobile phone, you have all the evidence you need in real time.
Op, not much use to you now, but this sort of things smacks of Policing in third world countries where you expect it.

Post #560034 Wed Jun 27 2018 2:35pm
Eaters

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Violetpiano wrote:

Cheers
Jas

There are some very nice English fizzy Campagne type wines if none of the Spanish or Italian ones are available - if you can still get it Russian Great Steppe champagne was excellent and when I was there in the 1970’s cost a pair of Wrangler jeans a bottle.........

And presumably you had one or two pairs of bargain price "Wrangler" jeans from some stop-overs in Hong Kong. Laughing Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #560037 Wed Jun 27 2018 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>