RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > A new and HUGE SUV in heavy disguise on the A9
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
A new and HUGE SUV in heavy disguise on the A9

Heading north on the A9 between Stirling and Perth this afternoon sat at 70 in the average speed cams that infest the entire length of the A9 now, and I was slowly overtaken by a convoy of big SUV’s including a couple of Long Wheelbase FFRR’s, a Bentayga, and in between a heavily disguised and HUGE SUV with a massive Rolls Royce style radiator grille on it............. I think I might have been passed by a disguised Rolls Royce Cullinan on it’s way up to the closed private roads on the shooting estates up in Sutherland and Wester Ross for some off-road testing - I see on Linked-In that someone has posted about making a video using a helicopter and a Cullinan up there in the next few weeks. If you buy one of these monsters, apart from from having a seriously large bank account it looks like it won’t fit in your average garage, for sure you will need something like a coach house it is so huge. They were traveling so close that nobody would have been able to have got between the disguised car and the cars in front and behind - if they had been on a motorway they would have been done for very dangerous tailgating! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555278 Sat Apr 28 2018 7:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
HughN

Wales 

Surely Rolls-Royce don't make 'SUVs'? How common. Aren't they 'shooting brakes' or something? Very Happy

I hope these posh cars are good off-road: there's nothing worse than getting your ghillies stuck in some gorse.

Post #555303 Sun Apr 29 2018 7:19am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

This it? The grill looks out of place on a 4x4, a Willy’s Jeep grill looks better!

2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #555309 Sun Apr 29 2018 8:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

thats it, in extended wheelbase version it looks like it will suit the Co-Op Funeral Service as a hearse quite well....... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555310 Sun Apr 29 2018 8:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Farmer Chalk

Looks infinitely better than that hideous Bentayga though! Very Happy

Post #555319 Sun Apr 29 2018 10:26am
RRT

United Kingdom 

I saw a Bentayga in in a lovely yellowy cream colour..... Banging Head

Post #555364 Sun Apr 29 2018 4:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Saw a Bentayga on the motorway recently. Middle lane, going no faster than the L1 with lots of room in L1 for him to go in to. Driver using a mobile to, apparently, send a text, or perhaps watch Loose Women. Oh, and it was white with white interior. It had "I have no taste and no f'king clue" written all over it. Censored 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #555417 Sun Apr 29 2018 11:07pm
Football pays

Have any of you been in a bentayga? I agree looks aren't the best but its really comfortable vehicle, an to be fare its a lot less money than most of us expected.

Post #572949 Sat Jan 12 2019 7:19pm
Garry

United Kingdom 

Yes I had a Bentayga diesel on loan for 9 days whilst my GTC electrical nightmare was being fixed. The Bentayga is a fantastic car to drive, super smooth, power just keeps coming and all the luxury and quality finishes. I was not a fan of the looks, especially the back end but it grew on me. It is a very big car not quite Mulsanne territory and not always easy to find a “comfortable” parking space. I did consider buying the Bentayga but went for the RRS as I like the 18/19 updates and the phev concept. Two Bentleys felt a bit ott too. If you think its a contender then get at least a 24 hour test drive. 2018/68 RRS PHEV - Indus (sold)
2008 RRS Tdv8
1995 Discovery diesel.
Lots of other non Land Rover cars.

Post #572966 Sat Jan 12 2019 9:38pm
BKHK

Australia 

Hi Football

I posted this in November, having recently renewed my Bentayga experience, my thoughts are the same. it was from a Bentayga vs SVR thread:

I have just spent 6 days in rural blighty with a V8 diesel Bentayga including 2 long distance trips from and to LHR. Engine is remarkably refined, has no sensory presence in the vehicle. Torque is smooth and feels unlimited. Steering wheel is sublime compared to the poor effort on the RRS. Cabin is a mix of unnecessary bling and decent materials.

It is in the simple tactile areas that it thrashes the RR and RRS. Dash, stalks and door bins are lovely, trim is something JLR would be hard pushed to dream about and would not be able to create with their current cheap materials.

But the pale carpets and ivory interior of the car I had would require extra precious care, not practical in damp, muddy UK winters.

Bentley air suspension, in my opinion is not as good as LR air ride. It can feel jiggly and made me feel mildly nauseous. Would I pay the premium over an RR or RRS, no, but the SVR is much more aggressive than a Bentayga so maybe a V8 diesel 405 is a better comparison.

Worth the premium, err, no, not really. I thought it was ugly every time I looked at it. I would stick with JLR L405, have some change and that's quite a recommendation as I am well out of love with JLR these days.

Post #572974 Sun Jan 13 2019 6:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1