RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > JLR Black Horse Finance 6.9% APR - anyone manage lower?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

shandyman

United Kingdom 

I think they offer a price and when they drop off the new car they check the part exchange is as stated and then take it away.

You have to describe your car condition using a sliding scale.

WORN CONDITION, WELL-USED, LOOKED AFTER, BEST CONDITION, SHOWROOM CONDITION.

My part exchange is some where between LOOKED AFTER and BEST CONDITION due to the damage caused when parked next to num-nuts who can't park a car or get out without smashing the door panels.

So that puts my part ex potentially out by £500.

I am tempted to get the 2 dents removed and the scratched rear bumper painted. Unsure at the moment if the price is worth it

Post #552826 Sat Mar 31 2018 5:07pm
Canary

England 

That's what I thought since they offered me a px price, the px they offered was the highest I have been offered to date over any dealer out of interest.

Sad that people are so jealous that they will vandalize your doors etc etc it's pathetic, had my Porsche 1 week and found a massive dent in the door, another time had a trolley sititng up againt my now damaged bumper, always park the furthest away in car parks now. Supermarkets are the worst offenders some reason, I now ask the wife to order Sainsburys online to avoid these happening again. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #552856 Sun Apr 01 2018 8:03am
rickshaw

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I placed an order with Rockar for my 2018MY Sport back in August.

They confirmed a Part Ex price for my old Sport based on my description (using their sliding scale criteria).

The Part Ex price quoted showed a value 'today' along with expected values over the following few weeks.

The ACTUAL Part Ex price was confirmed assuming a delivery of my new Sport in December but even though delivery slipped to end January they honoured the price offered.

Incidentally the price offered was consistent with the Used Car Valuation shown on the Land Rover web site and significantly more than any other dealer offered!!

On delivery of my new car they had a quick look over my old Sport, confirmed everything OK without any hassle , and drove it away.

Balance owing against my deposit paid to me within a few days.

Post #552863 Sun Apr 01 2018 9:56am
shandyman

United Kingdom 

Sjp32 wrote:
Which dealers are matching Rockar in the Southwest? I’m in Devon and about to start walking into showrooms to get quotes, Rockar will deliver but it’s a driven delivery and I don’t want someone else putting 200 miles on my new car! I’ve bought BMW and Audi online before and always had trailer delivery foc.

How did your search for a deal go?

Post #552942 Mon Apr 02 2018 11:42am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

nashvegas wrote:
Good God UK people that is high!

I just bought a certified L494 and got -- 0.9% !!!!!!

That is more like it to be honest, here in the UK the b******s really know how to cream the population Sad

Post #553163 Wed Apr 04 2018 12:57pm
shandyman

United Kingdom 

I am talking to a dealer at the moment and got them to price match Rockar discount and drop the APR but not as low as Rockar. Any tips on how to get a bit more off them.

Service pack looks like it is £825 which I want anyway. Any chance they would throw that in or heavily discount it. Could try and get price match with Broadspeed. That looks like with 5% discounted options I would get a larger saving around £3154.

Advice much appreciated.

Post #553267 Thu Apr 05 2018 7:22pm
PDC

United Kingdom 

It's really down to the dealer and their policies. At the end of the day they are all just franchises of JLR and make up their own terms. So in short, some will discount and some won't. Guy Salmon wouldn't budge on giving me a discount or lowering the interest rate, but Listers did.
So I guess you just have to shop around....... Thumbs Up 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #553274 Thu Apr 05 2018 10:44pm
Sjp32

United Kingdom 

shandyman wrote:
Sjp32 wrote:
Which dealers are matching Rockar in the Southwest? I’m in Devon and about to start walking into showrooms to get quotes, Rockar will deliver but it’s a driven delivery and I don’t want someone else putting 200 miles on my new car! I’ve bought BMW and Audi online before and always had trailer delivery foc.

How did your search for a deal go?

Not talked figures yet tbh I haven’t decided on spec and not ready to talk numbers for another 8 weeks I know when I want delivery and looking at order times that ties in for me.

Post #553646 Mon Apr 09 2018 4:02pm
kismet110

Violetpiano wrote:
RRSMan, I didn't take up a Finance offer but Stratstone in Mayfair offered me 4.5% APR on my MY18 SVR. My son used Oracle Finance for his car recently and I think he got 4.3% APR for his car.

Jas

Hi

Can I be nosey and enquire as to whether your son got that 4.3% on a new or pre-owned?

Because I've been made offers on CarWow by three dealerships but none of them can match the 4.9% APR / £4K discount via Rockar.

Cheers!

Post #554019 Fri Apr 13 2018 1:51pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Yes of course. It was a pre-owned. Not a Land Rover though. It was a Renault Megane RS.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #554022 Fri Apr 13 2018 3:23pm
kismet110

^^^

Cheers! The rate you got for your SVR from Stratstone is excellent BTW.

Post #554023 Fri Apr 13 2018 3:41pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I didn't take up the rate from Stratstone though. I know it was super low though and genuine. One of the forum members (I won't name him in case doesn't want to be named) asked if I could ping the quotation over to him so that he could take it to his dealer and wave it at him and ask him to match but I don't think his dealer could.

Cheers
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #554024 Fri Apr 13 2018 3:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

From what I can see - The dealers seem to be playing with a certain pot of money - either by lowering the APR or by offering a higher discount. The winner is one who can get the most Wink

If you are buying cash then pushing for a higher discount is obviously better for you but if you are going to do a PCP then you need to do your sums and see if a higher discount with a higher APR works out cheaper or if a lower APR and a lower discount works out cheaper! IF a higher discount and a lower APR is achieved then one is laughing!

Thumbs Up

Post #554025 Fri Apr 13 2018 3:50pm
kismet110

Violetpiano wrote:
I didn't take up the rate from Stratstone though. I know it was super low though and genuine. One of the forum members (I won't name him in case doesn't want to be named) asked if I could ping the quotation over to him so that he could take it to his dealer and wave it at him and ask him to match but I don't think his dealer could.

Cheers
Jas

Aah, fair enough. No doubt that's a good rate and I can see why other dealers would struggle to better it.

Post #554027 Fri Apr 13 2018 3:54pm
kismet110

RRSman wrote:
From what I can see - The dealers seem to be playing with a certain pot of money - either by lowering the APR or by offering a higher discount. The winner is one who can get the most Wink

If you are buying cash then pushing for a higher discount is obviously better for you but if you are going to do a PCP then you need to do your sums and see if a higher discount with a higher APR works out cheaper or if a lower APR and a lower discount works out cheaper! IF a higher discount and a lower APR is achieved then one is laughing!

Thumbs Up

In my case three dealerships (so far) haven't managed to better either the discount OR the APR so I am getting a feeling it's the best I will get but I am not in a mad rush so if someone can better it then happy days Smile

Post #554028 Fri Apr 13 2018 3:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>