Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Discovery Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Good point Paul Thumbs Up

I chopped my RRS in for a DS and thought it was acceptable for the price but now I've got the Mitsy which was cheaper still I wouldn't buy a DS again especially I'm no longer visting dealer for anything but annual service and they treat me like I'm valued Mr. Green Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #550325 Sat Mar 03 2018 11:30am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^ Same here Muddy. Our PHEV with almost 20K miles has only had services.

I now visit a fuel station less often than I used to visit the LR dealership!

Post #550327 Sat Mar 03 2018 12:53pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Cool Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #550329 Sat Mar 03 2018 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I’ve been very lucky in my Land Rover owning life, I have dealt with 4 dealerships, 2 in Scotland and two in the London area. After one attempt to replace a Disco1 V8i ES with a Disco2 V8i ES at a main dealer in Glasgow I gave up, they weren’t interested and that was in 1994, I moved house 18 miles out of town and started to use the local dealership in Stirling and they have been fantastic. I hope things haven’t changed as since 1st January the family who owned the franchise sold out to a large group and while the staff appear not to have changed I suspect the operation will. I use both West London LR and Grange Garage in Barnett to buy cars and was always well treated - I also used to have cars serviced at Lookers West London and had no complaints either but I have read of people having lots of issues with their service dept. It is about 4 years since I last had a car serviced by them.
I was emailed this week by a Jaguar dealership regarding my “expression of interest” in a Jaguar I-Pace. I made a deposit 2 years ago and gave up waiting and asked for my money back, they were in contact with all the news on 1st March and I had to tell them that I was no longer interested in buying a new JLR product as the treatment of long term customers of the Marques are so shabbily treated by JLR themselves, I was clear to point out that often the dealers are excellent with trying to sort out issues but JLR management seem to bury their head in the sand when it comes to customer problems often with very expensive cars. I also told them I was disgusted at the treatment of customers like myself over the SDv6 engine issue and not being able to get replies to my questions from Land Rover Customer Services about the breaking crankshaft issue and re-assurance that my car would receive decent treatment by JLR should the worst occur. JLR have now lost me as a customer of almost 30 years standing and through 12 cars bought from them. I feel that I am no longer a valued customer and have taken my business elsewhere and instead of buying an British built car I have bought a Dutch made one........ Mini Countryman PHEVs are build at Bjorn in The Netherlands on the same line as the convertible Minis. I will be keeping my Defender but it doesn’t go near a main dealer because they are simply too expensive to use, I have two excellent indies in my area. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #550335 Sat Mar 03 2018 2:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12