RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > engine not starting, fuel rod pressure??? :-( :-(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
engine not starting, fuel rod pressure??? :-( :-(

My game of golf got off to a bad start this morning, my baby won't start. First problem in years. Can someone advise please?

The AA guy has just left with the following diagnosis:

"read codes none found - live data showed no fuel rod pressure. possible low pressure pump, garage to check and advise on repairs"

He asked me where the inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch is, suggesting that it may have tripped. We couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

Fuel is fine. fuses are fine.

Thanks all Sad Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #441268 Sun Nov 02 2014 7:52pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Sorry to hear about the problem. Look under 'Fuel Cut-off' in the owner's handbook. Can be reset by turn key to position 0; wait one minute; turn to position II wait another 30 seconds; start engine. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #441269 Sun Nov 02 2014 8:01pm
tanloverluke

Hi Paddi! Funnily enough I showed him that part, but silly enough we didn't do what was suggested. He wanted to visually check it. But I can give it a go now.

Do you know where the IFS is ? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #441277 Sun Nov 02 2014 8:33pm
Paddi

'fraid not.

Just had a look at the workshop manual but it didn't help. Is it possible that the crash sensor just tells the engine ECU to open the relay for the fuel pump?

Need an expert to answer this one! 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #441357 Mon Nov 03 2014 1:25pm
tanloverluke

Thanks for trying Paddi! I tried the key method and no luck unfortunately. Around my way there are very few reliable garages but I did manage to locate a former LR teccie only 30 minutes away from Axminster. I don't want to take her to a stealer because I view them as being just that!

I've been reading a little more about this problem and it points more and more to the low pressure fuel system. Car booked in for tomorrow so I'll keep the thread updated in case it's a help for anyone else in the future. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441359 Mon Nov 03 2014 1:42pm
tanloverluke

this guy has sold a few of these already, let's hope that if it is the fuel pump, this will make it a less expensive repair:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-SPOR...3a8660304f

otherwise it's 400 quid, and that's excluding labor! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441361 Mon Nov 03 2014 1:45pm
Paddi

Just for completeness - there IS an Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) but the manual helpfully just says it is 'between the Restraints Control Module and the ECM'. It is implied that if it is open there would be a fault code.

Possible causes of non-starting are listed as:
Inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch
Low/Contaminated fuel
Engine breather system disconnected/restricted
Fuel leak
Blocked fuel filter
Fuel pump module fault
Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor
ECM fault 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #441391 Mon Nov 03 2014 4:43pm
tanloverluke

ok well that more than probably rules out the IFS Thumbs Up
The guy is gonna first test the pump and fuel level and take it from there. Fingers crossed, very tightly!
Thanks Paddi. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441395 Mon Nov 03 2014 5:21pm
tanloverluke

ok so good news about this problem. The LR teccie diagnosed a fuel pressure problem and that the low pressure pump wasn't working.

The garage checked it over. There was power to the pump, and funnily enough the pump now works.

They say the problem was that there was air in the fuel system, which caused the pump to stop working. And that the cause was my DRL's, which piggy backed off of the fuel pump fuse! Lesson learnt, time to look for another fuse/live ignition connection!

Thanks all (i.e. Paddi Thumbs Up ) for the help. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441541 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:18am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

tanloverluke wrote:
this guy has sold a few of these already, let's hope that if it is the fuel pump, this will make it a less expensive repair:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-SPOR...3a8660304f

otherwise it's 400 quid, and that's excluding labor!

Or, the same thing from our site sponsor, Advanced Factors for only £40 Thumbs Up

http://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/206607-in...1757-p.asp

Though that's not the cause in this instance Thumbs Up

Post #441543 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:25am
tanloverluke

apologies to advance factors. I am a customer and ruddy good service Thumbs Up Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441546 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:29am
Paddi

tanloverluke wrote:
ok so good news about this problem. The LR teccie diagnosed a fuel pressure problem and that the low pressure pump wasn't working.

The garage checked it over. There was power to the pump, and funnily enough the pump now works.

They say the problem was that there was air in the fuel system, which caused the pump to stop working. And that the cause was my DRL's, which piggy backed off of the fuel pump fuse! Lesson learnt, time to look for another fuse/live ignition connection!

Top marks to the teccie for sensible approach and diagnosis. (and another reason for me to dislike those awful DRLs Whistle ) 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #441549 Wed Nov 05 2014 11:10am
tanloverluke

"awful drl's"

oh you spoil sport Paddi. Think of all the time it took me to install them Big Cry Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441555 Wed Nov 05 2014 11:51am
Paddi

Laughing I can see you've not taken it to heart TLL.
Glad car is fixed. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #441583 Wed Nov 05 2014 5:14pm
tanloverluke

Thanks Paddi! They're gonna be the death of me at this rate. The indie, at country motors in axminster, said that even if it works to piggy back off the fuel pump, it shouldn't be done. Very sensible words. Now located a free slot.

On to the next project... Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441589 Wed Nov 05 2014 5:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>