RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 ICTP failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

holmesy84

United Kingdom 
MY17 ICTP failure

Has anyone had a failure of ICTP on a MY17. Yesterday it took about 5 minutes for the main touch screen to fire up and today it doesn't turn on at all.

The nav works on the dash so I'm guessing the software is working and that the touch screen has failed, either way not ideal as half of the car is controlled using this screen.

Post #529680 Thu Jul 06 2017 9:00am
kmpowell

My friend has just rejected his new FFRR due to the ICTP problems. JLR are very aware of all the issues it would seem. He posts under the name w8pmc in this thread, which also has somebody else reject theirs for the same issues...

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic43420-30.html SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #529689 Thu Jul 06 2017 11:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Lots and lots of F-Pace and Discovery Sport owners have had huge problems with it too, but it was supposed to have been fixed with a software update, obviously not if there are still cars coming out of the factory with ICTP issues. I moderate the BabyRR forum and so far no one has posted about any issues with the system in Evoques and I am also a member of the Disco5 forum and the same there, so far no significant problems in them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #529694 Thu Jul 06 2017 12:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Fingers crossed it boots up when I turn it on later otherwise it will be straight to the dealer. The cars pretty much useless without this screen as can't operate the stereo, sat nav, cameras etc. Only realised how much I miss the camera on a car this size when I was reversing earlier.

Post #529698 Thu Jul 06 2017 12:42pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

I hope I don't have any problems with mine when I collect it brand new in September, as I won't hesitate to hand it back to them and ask for a refund. I can't believe they allow cars to roll off the production line knowing they have issues. I can't imagine any other brand / product getting away with it. LR must really think they are truly above and beyond the rest. It's like Russian Roulette with LR Censored

Post #529710 Thu Jul 06 2017 2:54pm
wilf

In reality two things are factual:

Forums like this attract and report a far greater proportion of issues than occurs in the total population of the vehicles in question.

and

Every single marque has the same issues. Just look at any BMW/Audi/Merc/Porsche forum for similar tales of woe.

You should be fine, I'm on 30k miles after 18 months and the car is just fine. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #529716 Thu Jul 06 2017 4:26pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Had mine for 6 weeks and 3k miles and all OK
Tim

Post #529724 Thu Jul 06 2017 4:48pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Good to hear about happy RRS owners out there with no problems. Fingers crossed for mine as looking forward to the drive. Thumbs Up

Post #529728 Thu Jul 06 2017 5:35pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Lots and lots of F-Pace and Discovery Sport owners have had huge problems with it too, but it was supposed to have been fixed with a software update, obviously not if there are still cars coming out of the factory with ICTP issues. I moderate the BabyRR forum and so far no one has posted about any issues with the system in Evoques and I am also a member of the Disco5 forum and the same there, so far no significant problems in them.

There have been a number of buy backs on disco 5 already

I don't understand why JLR keep bring out new models with the same software installed knowing there are problems, surely most owners would prefer the software was all tested before launch. JLR knew all the problems with ICTP from the F Pace but still put the same software in discovery sport disco 5 velar and sport

Post #529730 Thu Jul 06 2017 6:16pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

It truly is remarkable how LR keeps rolling them out with known problems across all new models. Makes you think that based on this forum and the FullfatRR, owners are now beginning to reporting this problem in a small number.

I wonder how many RRS / Range Rover owner with the new updated 10.2 touchscreen ICTP platform have this problem / other issues and haven't bothered to report the issues. Thinking it's just a characteristic of the car, plus those who are not even on a forum.

How did the refund go 360 on your SVR?? Shocking way to be treated Censored

Post #529733 Thu Jul 06 2017 7:29pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Mine has the new platform and no issues. Don't knock LR, software issues affect us in all areas of our life. How many times have you switched off and on again to sort out your laptop/PC and yet we still buy them.
Tim

Post #529737 Thu Jul 06 2017 9:10pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Well it did all boot up as normal tonight so fingers crossed it has resolved itself. Must just be another 'feature' of ICTP, first issue I've had in 4 months to be fair so may have just been a random glitch.

Post #529738 Thu Jul 06 2017 9:42pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

timhum wrote:
Mine has the new platform and no issues. Don't knock LR, software issues affect us in all areas of our life. How many times have you switched off and on again to sort out your laptop/PC and yet we still buy them.
Tim

Never, I use Mac!!!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #529759 Fri Jul 07 2017 1:35pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #529774 Fri Jul 07 2017 7:45pm
sparkx

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

mines failed three times over 7000 miles.

seems to happen when i come to a stop and it kills the engine and everything... good fun.

apart from that it seems really good..

Post #529901 Sun Jul 09 2017 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1