RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Satellite navigation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

donny dog

United Kingdom 
Satellite navigation

I am experiencing two problems with satellite navigation. Although I can get round them, they are quite annoying! Any help would be appreciated!

Firstly, when I use In Control Route Planner, it successfully plans the route and sends it to the car. However, although the planner recognises that I am at home, my satellite navigation always thinks the car is 1,370 yards away, and starts every journey on foot, commensurately affecting theoretical journey times. I'm guessing the problem is that the in-built maps in the car don't cover the rural location where I live, so stop at the last road it recognises. However, although it states that I have 'arrived' at this incorrect location, it does successfully keep tracking the car (on what it thinks are non-existent roads) to my house. Why, therefore, will it not start my journeys from here?

Secondly, when I go to the local town (about once a week), it automatically turns the navigation on when I start my return journey 'guessing' where I'm going, and presumably recognises it as a 'Commute'. However, it doesn't 'guess' correctly and habitually plans a destination in another village altogether (which I have NEVER selected on satellite navigation!). I have tried turning 'Commute' off and deleting all previous destinations, but it still does it.

Obviously I can ignore the 20-minute 'walk' in the first above case, and cancel the route each time in the second, but they are both quite annoying! Any suggestions?

Post #523763 Sun Apr 16 2017 9:47am
Clock

United Kingdom 

I have the same start point issue, even when routing from the car or online, I have just accepted it is not as good as my tom tom!

As to your second problem you could try turning off "my commute" in nav settings if you have not already tired that.

Post #523782 Sun Apr 16 2017 12:13pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, I've already tried turning off 'My Commute' to no avail.

Post #523787 Sun Apr 16 2017 12:47pm
Clock

United Kingdom 

Sorry I had missed you already said that. My view is that the incontrol system is fairly buggy (and slow with limited functionality)

I think as a group (forum) as soon as we know a problem (or a feature change) is not a one off issue and others have the same issue we need to email JLR otherwise they will never fix it.

There does seem to be a disconnect between telling the dealer of a problem and either JLR getting to know or admitting others have seen the issue.

Post #523796 Sun Apr 16 2017 2:36pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I agree entirely, although even telling the dealer something is difficult enough, as non-one ever gets back to you. Also, they clearly know less about such issues than we do as a forum. I nominate Tim to do another of his lists to communicate to the 'powers that be' at LR. Smile

Post #523797 Sun Apr 16 2017 3:01pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I am not sure if you gentlemen are aware that the Jaguar F-Pace came on the market at least 6 months prior to the MY17 RRS deliveries. The F-Pace has exactly the same ICTP system installed. If you look at the F-Pace owners forum http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk you will find that over 50% of the content is regarding the lack of function in the ICTP system - the same system you gentlemen are complaining about. If you have a look on this forum you may find solutions to your issues. If not, you will certainly see how customers have complained bitterly to JLR regarding these issues. Quite a large number have also returned their vehicles for the same problems. To date JLR have been very slow to respond and appear to be ignoring the complaints and reproducing the same issues in the RRS.

Worth a look, anyway.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #523836 Sun Apr 16 2017 11:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1