RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Jumping ship from an F-Pace
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

wilf

Use trip "B" for total journey figures then? If you leave it on "auto" you always run the risk of losing the history.

I use trip "A" for fill-to-fill figures, trip "B" for individual journeys, works fine for me. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #522228 Wed Mar 29 2017 10:26am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, I could do, but I find Trip Auto is much easier and you don't have to remember to do it. Adding the last journey was a simple task before, and the manual claims you can still do it the same way, so that's what I'm wanting to solve.

Post #522230 Wed Mar 29 2017 11:02am
wilf

Haven't been able to do it myself, either. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #522231 Wed Mar 29 2017 11:04am
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

wilf wrote:
Use trip "B" for total journey figures then? If you leave it on "auto" you always run the risk of losing the history.

I use trip "A" for fill-to-fill figures, trip "B" for individual journeys, works fine for me.

I use Fuelly to log all my petrol useage Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #522237 Wed Mar 29 2017 12:20pm
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Thanks guys.

I think I'll try the 3 PAYG one as it's not a lot of money to experiment. Trust a Yorkshireman to be using a free one but, then again, they say a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with the generosity taken out. Whistle

Robert

Post #522238 Wed Mar 29 2017 12:20pm
Whyzeman

United Kingdom 

I am a newbie to RRS and opted to buy an ex demo 66 plate HSE Dynamic with the old style sat nav.
After having BMW's for the past 8 years im really disappointed with the lack of real time sat nav. Am I missing something or dont the RRS sat navs have this feature ? I heavily rely on real time traffic and are having to resort to Google maps on the phone prior to my work journey. Surely this is not the way a premium 4x4 should be ???
Help.....

Post #522278 Wed Mar 29 2017 7:35pm
crocs

Do you mean route changes due to traffic congestion etc? If so, you should have that.

Or have I misunderstood your question?

Robert

Post #522281 Wed Mar 29 2017 8:18pm
Whyzeman

United Kingdom 

On the BMW sat nav you can check your route before starting or during and it will show you all the areas with real time traffic congestion and them it offers alternative routes. The RRS Sat Nav shows you the route but does not show any traffic jams to stay clear of . Waited in 2 hour traffic jam Saturday as the Sat Nav never highjliughted this.
See attched photo where I was coming up to heavy traffic congestion but the sat nav shows all clear - Green.
Any ideas

Post #522282 Wed Mar 29 2017 8:31pm
wilf

JLR satnav consistently lags behind others. I use a TomTom all the time precisely because of the lack of good traffic handling.

The very latest ITCP systems are supposedly better, but I don't think they have integrated the SIM card (needed for the traffic info) properly yet from some comments I have read. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #522284 Wed Mar 29 2017 8:43pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Whyzeman wrote:
On the BMW sat nav you can check your route before starting or during and it will show you all the areas with real time traffic congestion and them it offers alternative routes. The RRS Sat Nav shows you the route but does not show any traffic jams to stay clear of . Waited in 2 hour traffic jam Saturday as the Sat Nav never highjliughted this.
See attched photo where I was coming up to heavy traffic congestion but the sat nav shows all clear - Green.
Any ideas

In theory, LR satnav has this capability too but it only works when you're lucky Rolling Eyes More often than not, the icon shows green despite heavy traffic. I have also seen it amber or red when the route is clear, probably because it is working with old data and doesn't update quickly enough to know the traffic has normalised. Occasionally it does give correct information. Like wilf, I have also given up on that hopeless system. I've embraced Google maps on my phone. Very intelligent and accurate. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #522292 Wed Mar 29 2017 9:12pm
crocs

Yes, MY17 does this assuming the SIM connection works.

An alternative thought. If all these other satnavs are so much better, why do we still have traffic jams?

Robert

Post #522305 Wed Mar 29 2017 10:42pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

crocs wrote:
An alternative thought. If all these other satnavs are so much better, why do we still have traffic jams?

I am going to pretend this is a serious question even though it doesn't sound like one Laughing

One reason is a lot of people only bother using satnavs when they don't know the way to their destination. Only some of us use it as a tool to "get there quicker" despite already knowing how to just "get there".

Another reason is sometimes there just isn't a better alternative route available for where you're going. Like my son's Saturday class, normally a 9 minute drive but can take 30+ minutes depending on traffic. I still have to take the same route despite traffic jams due to other routes being even slower. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #522313 Thu Mar 30 2017 7:37am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Another reason is that LR's system on pre ICTP cars is that the Satnav uses TrafficMaster's network of beacons and they are only located on major roads and motorways not on country roads etc. They use the beacons to count traffic flow plus info from Highways Agency whereas other systems use other databases. Often HA doesn't update road closures until too late and you have got to it before the data is broadcast or the incident has cleared and they haven't changed the data broadcast....... Where I live in Scotland where TrafficMaster is a dead loss as it only covers the motorways and parts of the A9....... I have been redirected off the M6 northbound several times just north of Brum and ended up going through Stafford along with a thousand other diverted cars, it didn't help much except that at least I wasn't stopped on the motorway, but I did end up getting rerouted through every town and village on the A6 and that slowed my journey speed right back, I also might have ended up with a speeding ticket ha=d I not had Traffic Sign Recognition because there were loads of speed cams and not obvious changes of speed limit all along the new route........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #522332 Thu Mar 30 2017 12:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

donny dog wrote:
Yes, I could do, but I find Trip Auto is much easier and you don't have to remember to do it. Adding the last journey was a simple task before, and the manual claims you can still do it the same way, so that's what I'm wanting to solve.

So...........I tried this last night and again this morning - and it works exactly as per the handbook. Go figure. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #522337 Thu Mar 30 2017 1:45pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Wilf, still not working for me! Sad

Post #522362 Thu Mar 30 2017 8:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>