RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Cameras not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

donny dog

United Kingdom 
Cameras not working

This morning all the cameras stopped working (surround, 360, and reverse). The camera 'button' also isn't active. Is there anything obvious I may be missing before I resort to the dealers?

Post #521530 Tue Mar 21 2017 1:23pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

What MY is yours?

On my old Evoque my 360 cameras used to often have a meltdown usually caused by dirt on them and would come up with "Cameras not available please consult the dealer". A tell tale sign they weren't working was when I turned the car on there was a beep like you get from the parking sensors for a few seconds. Never took it to the dealers though as always seemed to come back after a while.

I've just got a MY17 Autobiography with ICTP and the cameras don't work unless you are going below 10 mph which is a really annoying feature as means I can't turn them on in advance of arriving somewhere where I know I will need to keep an eye on my alloys. Guessing it's a safety feature to make me watch the road ahead rather than my wheels....

Post #521540 Tue Mar 21 2017 1:36pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Mine's a three-week old MY17, certainly no dirt on the cameras at the moment. I haven't had any beeps or alarms, it's just dead in the camera department.

My wife's Evoque reversing cameras used to be huffy but always came back in the end. This is different, as none of the multiple cameras work, nor is the 'button' working (it doesn't even bring the appropriate screen up).

Post #521543 Tue Mar 21 2017 1:50pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Have they worked at all? Have you scrolled through the touch screen and tried the larger camera button on there?

Not had any problems with mine when stationary, as I say just annoying they aren't allowed to work when going over 10 mph anymore.

Post #521547 Tue Mar 21 2017 1:58pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, they just stopped today. The big camera 'button' in the scroll-across menu is dead as well.

Post #521548 Tue Mar 21 2017 2:40pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

I've had the 'camera system not available consult your dealer' message twice now but they do start working again. Having only had the vehicle for 900 miles it's definitely the most glitchy technology I've come across, a real shame as it's very distracting. I'd like to relay my issues to JLR but after already asking on another thread I still don't know the best contact email/department rather then the dealer or generic customer services? I really hope a software update is imminent but not holding my breath, hope you get sorted Donny but dare say I dealer visit is imminent in your case...

Post #521553 Tue Mar 21 2017 3:51pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I haven't had a warning message, unlike you, which is puzzling.

Post #521562 Tue Mar 21 2017 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1