RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > USB Playlist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Clock

United Kingdom 
USB Playlist

Does anyone know if the MY17 media player supports USB playlists?

I have created an MP3 USB (with albums in their own folders in the root) with a M3U playlist in the root (correctly referenced to the MP3 files), but the media player does not see it.

I have tried using both forward and backward slash delimiters, putting the playlist in the root or in a folder called Playlists, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Post #520573 Fri Mar 10 2017 8:06pm
IRBails

Australia 

Range Rover still uses 1990's technology many things you can do on cheap Korean models don't happen with Range Rover. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #520640 Sat Mar 11 2017 11:25pm
Clock

United Kingdom 

True, but..

The previous audio system would recognise USB play lists and the 2017 manual says it does.

I have emailed JLR to see if they still support it and if so what format etc is required.

Post #520642 Sat Mar 11 2017 11:50pm
IRBails

Australia 

I was thinking on my long drive back home, 800 k day , this is a great vehicle in so many ways but is let down in so many small ways. For example you can't have a usb ipod connection with a blue tooth connection , some thing that I could scroll through on my Touareg and choose which connection and then select what I wanted from the connection. All these missing features have work arounds that are a pain in the Ar$e and could have been planned better just by looking at the opposition. It is a pity that this car has become a status symbol , it is not about function anymore but about form for most . One realizes this when the car ownership is compared to owning a Porsche! M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #520644 Sun Mar 12 2017 1:21am
Clock

United Kingdom 

I think the problem is that JLR don't either have the budget or the development resources to produce (and keep updated) the infotainment system. The system does not compare well to (some) of the competition and is way behind separate products like tomtom sat nav, iphone etc.

If you are going to produce cars which have a 10+ year life then either the tech has to be simple so it does not need upgrading or you have a plan to keep the system updated (perhaps at a cost to the user after the warranty period). Even with the MY17 upgrade the system is under powered, the Incontrol apps don't work very well now, in a few years I suspect they will just not work.

Post #520645 Sun Mar 12 2017 1:38am
matsoutback

Australia 

My opinion is it is a delicate balance between adopting an external software / hardware system and a totally in house developed system. Toyota have resisted for years hopping in bed with other "tech" companies. With their budget for development which would be staggering, sees vehicles (Toyota's) with a fairly antiquated entertainment system. This has a benefit though, which I suspect JLR have noted, is you have a more controlled / reliable system.

Unfortunately though, for us, is JLR's budget would not be up at a Toyota level. I am hoping the MY17 system is better than previous generations. German tech is top notch too though, so maybe my opinion is somewhat flawed...
So why do we buy these things again? lol 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #520649 Sun Mar 12 2017 7:31am
Clock

United Kingdom 

JLR have confirmed that MY17 does not support USB playlists and they will be removing it from the manuals.

Post #523398 Wed Apr 12 2017 11:02am
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

So, yet another backward step from Land Rover. This is the first car that I've owned (2017 a/b) that has taken so many backward steps from the model it replaced, a 2015 hse. (no voice commands for navigation, unable to input personal POIs, non of the usb's I took out of the old car work in the new) I'm not impressed. current 2015 hse dynamic, grey.

Post #523406 Wed Apr 12 2017 12:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1