RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 28 of 41 <123 ... 272829 ... 394041>

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Hog wrote:
Hahaha. RRSman: I understand that you're not to much into engines? More the electronic gadgets I guess?
Not pulling the dipstick, but read it out at the car's pc?
Then the Velar is your car!

I don't agree with your assumption that I am not in to engines. I have a lovely looking beast of a v8 on display out of a glass window in one of my other cars but I just did not get your comment on the Velar engine looking ugly as all the other RR where I have been under a bonnet look naff to my eyes - barring of course the Carbon Fibre (optional extra) SVR engine bay Cool

Post #526799 Thu May 25 2017 7:45pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
The "copper" trim on the silvery one above looks like some of the truly awful Mercedes and Korean fake wood of the their cars of the 1980's....... I would love to hear what Jeremy Clarkson's views on it are after his rather outspoken views on the 2010MY FFRR's.

Oh Tim you really loathe these don't you Smile The copper is not plastic it actually is copper and does look pretty cool on some of the colours. When I first saw it I thought it was some sort of LED lighting!

Post #526800 Thu May 25 2017 7:46pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Hog wrote:
Fully agree with Donny and Tim's critisism. Do not look under the bonnet either. It is messy , also in 3.0 TDV6 trim and in RRS and Pace
The new LR engine may be more powerfull, but they don't have a nice engine architecture. Everything looks much cheaper and less neat

I looked in the SD4 that was in Lincoln and all I could see was elastic bands! Rolling with laughter

Post #526801 Thu May 25 2017 8:22pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Oh Tim you really loathe these don't you Smile The copper is not plastic it actually is copper and does look pretty cool on some of the colours. When I first saw it I thought it was some sort of LED lighting![/quote]

If it's real copper it's something else some lowlife will nick in the carpark and weigh in for scrap I guess.

Cheers
Col

Post #526809 Thu May 25 2017 10:58pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing They will have a field day in 2018 as apparently the updated FFRR and RRS will gain these too!

Post #526811 Thu May 25 2017 11:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I don't "hate" it but am disappointed with the direct that Jerry Macgovern is taking the cars - from honest, no frills, clean designs to overstyled fashion accessories. The Velar is trying too hard to be a Land Rover Macan with front and rear styling that bears too much resemblance to that car - if I wanted a Porsche I would buy a Porsche. I'm sure that it will sell well and generate a huge amount of profit for JLR but for the life of me I don't understand why it is being offered as a full on 4x4, it would be far better badged as a Jaguar and sold with 2WD because nobody is ever going to take a Velar offroad and that is another reason for me not wanting one - at least with RRS I have the option of a low range gearbox (which I use at least once, and often more, a month) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #526823 Fri May 26 2017 9:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I hear you Tim. I think if JLR gave the Velar the low range gearbox it could have killed off the RRS..they have created a car that fits in to the range from no where...clever marketing and the order books speak for itself.

Post #526835 Fri May 26 2017 11:16am
Tim in Scotland

I'm sure that when I see a few on the roads it will grow on me - I was one of the first Evoque owners and got an amazing amount of flack about it's design and capabilities (which are pretty dammed good) and how ugly (like a "squashed frog" IIRC) and that it should be straggled before it caught on............... well it is now the best selling Land Rover ever (600,000 of them sold in 6 years) and so many people want one it is unbelievable. Even die hard Disco1 and 2 owners are buying them 2nd hand as the family car!
Hopefully I will see a Velar in the flesh at the Scottish Land Rover Show this weekend if the LR publicity machine is in action, there might even be one on the offroad track just to prove it is no less/more capable than a Discovery Sport or Evoque. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #526836 Fri May 26 2017 11:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cobstar

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland - personally I like the look of the Velar. I think it will have similar offroad capability to an Evoque - if needed. That would suit me but I would want to test this before buying.

Hate the look of the new Discovery though!

I really like the look of the RRS2 and I know it is genuinely capable offroad. If I go down the Velar route I'd want to be sure that the lack of low range box was a trade-off too far.

Post #526838 Fri May 26 2017 1:08pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Laughing They will have a field day in 2018 as apparently the updated FFRR and RRS will gain these too!

Really?I think it looks great. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #526858 Fri May 26 2017 8:11pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I think he meant that they might be stolen because they're copper!

Post #526862 Fri May 26 2017 8:59pm
Tim in Scotland

With copper prices being what they are I would be amazed if the production cars had the real thing on them............. Insurance could prove very costly if it is the real thing... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #526875 Sat May 27 2017 6:46am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Scary thought about insurance Tim! I actually made it a point to ask if it was actually copper when I went to Solihull and was told it was! Viewing the car at Lookers PR this Tuesday again and will take a closer look as long as the car they have on the day is not a black pack version!

Post #527001 Sun May 28 2017 10:54pm
Tim in Scotland

Was somewhat surprised that the Velar was not on show at the Scottish Land Rover Show this weekend - the local dealership is Pentland and they had a stand in a great location right in front of the main gate but it was an uninspired display with black D5, black RRS HSE (not a Dynamic), black Evoque, black Discovery Sport and a white Evoque convertible on display. In 3weeks time the Royal Highland Show is on at the same location and usually the LR PR team is present along with reps from all the local dealerships so it will be interesting to see if Velar is on that stand. I haven't heard of a single Scottish dealer with a Velar in their showroom so far unless they are keeping them hidden somewhere only for those who have a deposit down to look at. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #527014 Mon May 29 2017 8:11am

United Kingdom 

We have an invite to view a Velar at Parks Inverness next week, the car will only be there from 4pm to 8pm. For us its a 250 mile round trip so will wait until they have one to drive, told this will be late July early August.

If we go next week most probably spend more time looking at an F Type than the Velar. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #527024 Mon May 29 2017 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 28 of 41 <123 ... 272829 ... 394041>