RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Configurable Mood Lighting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Fab

United Kingdom 
Configurable Mood Lighting

Hi, I wrote my first post to this forum in early January regarding the option of mood lighting I took for my Sport Dynamic MY17. The post is titled "New to brand" so I thought I do a new post with the appropriate title. I've been in touch with Land Rover customer service via email regarding my issue in how poor the configurable mood lighting is. Explained to her what area is lit up which is only the centre console and was expecting footwells, door pockets and door handles. The response I got was that for the option you pay for the standard of lighting is correct for my car, only the centre console is lit up. Only the Autobiography model has what I expected, door pockets, door handle area and footwells. Was not happy with the response, when you pay a premium price for a premium product you expect better. Explained to customer service that in the brochure it states that the mood lighting brings the cabin alive at night, which it doesn't. No mention of two different standards to cabin lighting from Dynamic and Autobiography. When you pay £240 for the option you would of thought it will be the same standard set up as the Autobiography. Recently I had a warning come up on my dash saying "coolant level low". A bit shocked with only 540miles on the clock so I took my car to the nearest Land Rover dealer to look into the problem only to be told that the sensor is faulty in the coolant bottle, while the car was in the work shop I brought up the issue of my mood lighting and they said that something isn't right, you should have more effect than the centre console only being lit up. They recommended me to take the car back to the dealer I purchased the car from to look into the issue but they informed me that what I have in my car is the correct standard of lighting. The only thing that the mood lighting has done to me is put me in a mood, when you have friends in the car and show them the effect the response I get is "Is that it!!!". Not worth the money and would not recommend. A lesson learnt for me in taking options that I should of checked first prior purchasing the option for my car. Very misleading in the brochure and overpriced. Have to except it now for what I got, and with the days getting longer I suppose you won't notice the issue till next winter, anyway happy motoring to you all.
Regards
Fabian

Post #518422 Mon Feb 20 2017 10:50pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Aren't you right to expect, under the Sale of Goods Act, that items are as described? I know it's all hassle and bother for you but in my mind you did not get what was described in the brochure. What harm, apart from a bit of hassle for you, in pushing it further? Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #518423 Mon Feb 20 2017 10:55pm
matsoutback

Australia 

This is strange, I took a SE SDV6 model for an overnight test drive.

The SE in Australia is the second lowest trim grade, the S doesn't even have leather seats!

The MY16 SE I drove had white cabin lighting. Definitely had footwell lights at the front, can't remember if it had any in the rear though. There seamed to be "enough" lighting generally, but it did not blow me away. To be honest I was considering upgrading to the HSE partly because the configurable mood lighting on that grade.

In Australia, we can't individually option "Configurable Mood Lighting", it comes with a grade choice. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518429 Mon Feb 20 2017 11:37pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I've just come back from a trip to Australia and New Zealand, and, because I'm getting one, took a special interest in any Autobiography RRSs I saw. I saw three, and, unless they all had fake badges on, they are completely different to what you get in the UK. Even the rear bumper is the same as lower spec. versions instead of having the vent, not to mention no pano. roofs, body coloured sills, etc.

Post #518453 Tue Feb 21 2017 9:37am
IRBails

Australia 

My daughter has a Subaru LIberty and it has mood lighting standard. These options are now on all mid spec vehicles as standard. Paying for this as an extra when it is really old cheap technology is way that Land Rover has of poking you up the ar$e with a blunt stick. Really paying extra for something that costs very little is not on, later models will give this away as standard. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518462 Tue Feb 21 2017 11:22am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Mine is an Autobiography and while I didn't pay extra for "mood lighting" (included in standard AB spec), I was disappointed with it. Appears to be only one LED on either side under the centre coolbox/cubby lid projecting light to the centre console and an LED under each front seat armrest. Certainly no mood lighting in the footwells or door pockets - only standard white lights in those areas that don't change colour.

There was another thread here that suggested if you spec the upgraded interior trim you get proper mood lighting.

I never raised it with the dealer because this isn't something that interests me much and I would have never paid extra for it anyway. Just happen to have it because it is an AB. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #518465 Tue Feb 21 2017 11:43am
Silty

United Kingdom 

The extended finishers option comes with 'additional mood lighting'. This adds LEDs (configurable) which shine into the lower font door pockets. As noted earlier, this still isn't a spectacular lighting effect by a long way and if it wasn't bundled with the extended trim not worth a penny extra.

But hey, we've cars brisling with off-road kit so why worry about some coloured LEDs? I'm off down the shops at the off-road height setting to feel like a man! 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #518467 Tue Feb 21 2017 12:18pm
andymc

United Kingdom 

whilst I do have door pockets as part of the mood lighting. The footwells stay brilliant white - which kind of ruins the whole effect in my opinion. so I just don't bother with it. SVR with a few bits from Urban and Glohh

Post #518514 Tue Feb 21 2017 8:05pm
matsoutback

Australia 

IRBails wrote:
My daughter has a Subaru LIberty and it has mood lighting standard. These options are now on all mid spec vehicles as standard. Paying for this as an extra when it is really old cheap technology is way that Land Rover has of poking you up the ar$e with a blunt stick. Really paying extra for something that costs very little is not on, later models will give this away as standard.

Can you describe the extent of mood lighting on your Aussie HSE Bails? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518529 Tue Feb 21 2017 10:31pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I recently changed all my (2008 TDV8) internal bulbs to LEDs and whilst at it, changed the two in the front foot wells to red LEDs. I've bought a couple of blue and green LEDs as well which I might put somewhere soon. Does this mean I've got mood lighting? Question Thumbs Up
Cost, about £20 and an hours fiddling about. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Last edited by Eaters on Wed Feb 22 2017 8:10am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #518538 Wed Feb 22 2017 12:09am
matsoutback

Australia 

Looks like you are in a good mood now, so I'd say ; YES!

I guess LR don't offer any guarantee of the type of mood you receive, some here are getting bad mood lighting... Mr. Green 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518539 Wed Feb 22 2017 12:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1